Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah benched

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Diaz, Firmino, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Milner, Keita, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Tsimikas, Elliott.

Schmeichel, Justin, Amartey, Thomas, Albrighton, Dewsbury-Hall, Ndidi, Soumare, Lookman, Maddison, Daka.

Subs: Ward, Soyuncu, Barnes, Tielemans, Iheanacho, Perez, Choudhury, Pereira, Vestergaard.

Sa, Coady, Kilman, Saiss, Semedo, Marcal, Neves, Dendoncker, Trincao, Jimenez, Podence.

Substitutes: Ruddy, Hoever, Ait-Nouri, Silva, Jonny, Chiquinho, Toti, Hee-Chan, Cundle.

Ramsdale, Cedric, White, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Lacazette.

Substitutes: Okonkwo, Smith Rowe, Holding, Pepe, Tavares, Lokonga, Elneny, Nketiah, Awe.

Man Utd team news…

Team to face Southampton: De Gea, Dalot, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, Fernandes, Sancho, Ronaldo, Rashford.
Subs: Henderson, Lindelof, Jones, Mata, Lingard, Telles, Wan-Bissaka, Elanga, Mejbri.#

Southampton team news…

Team to face Man Utd: Forster, Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Salisu, Perraud, S Armstrong, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Elyounoussi, Adams, Broja.
Subs: Caballero, Stephens, Long, A Armstrong, Djenepo, Smallbone, Livramento, Diallo, Valery.

Stuck Keane on the bench 'cause he's done fuck all since I brought him in.

Currently sitting on a goal and potential clean sheet :facepalm:

Calvert-Lewin, meanwhile... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Stuck Keane on the bench 'cause he's done fuck all since I brought him in.

Currently sitting on a goal and potential clean sheet :facepalm:

Calvert-Lewin, meanwhile... :facepalm: :facepalm:
Pep roulette may very well save you from that problem, so long as Cancelo doesnt come on and I'm looking at the right fantasy team.

I'm actually not too bad at Pep roulette. It felt very weird selling De Bruyne before this game against Norwich but since I decided to use my wildcard this week to set myself up for two double gameweeks, and I had big rotation feelings towards the this game, thats what I did. Unfortunately I had to sell Foden too, but I was sick of owning him anyway so even if he performs this week I'll not be too upset.

I would have benched Cancelo for Digne too, except I had to impose a 'never bench Cancelo' rule after a disaster earlier in the season, even though it seemed likely to me that Cancelo might not start this one.

Last edited:
Fucking Pep, neither Cancelo or Laporte played. I played my bench boost y/day and currently it's on 15 points with Bissouma still to have 2 games. Zero for the 2 Man City boys in the starting 11.

Wanker game.

Last edited:
Missed the deadline. Thought it was alright as my subs would cover the people who didn't have a game but then fucking Pep came along. 🙄

I can feel a :facepalm: coming on.

My skill in getting a player back to form by transferring him out seems to be back to its best...

Main thing I could fret about in the next hour or two is whether my decision to get Ramsey instead of Coutinho in order to save some money for future transfers will be a disaster straight away. Combined with having sold Watkins. Not that it was a short-term decision anyway, so I shouldnt judge it on one week, but it would be nice if I avoid reasons to regret it immediately.

Jota is on the bench today too. And Reguilon.
Heard rumours about Jota yesterday.

I don't have anyone else to come one, so hoping he gets some minutes, but can't be too picky given...

Pep roulette may very well save you from that problem, so long as Cancelo doesnt come on

Yup, Cancelo's non-appearance means Keane's 13 points do come off my bench :eek: Rather got away with one there.

Doing well here , one player banned , two in the World Club Cup , one barred from playing as they are on loan , one injured and now two on the bench

Oof, that is rough!

Ok, well, I would have been better captaining anyone in my defense, including the goalkeeper.

Meanwhile, everyone aside from a single midfielder blanked :thumbs: :D

So, 4 extra matches this upcoming gameweek. Is it time for a free hit to capitalise or save that for FA cup quarter or semi final weekend when there will be just a few prem games.

I'm thinking i'll save the free hit and triple captain Salah as Liverpool have 2 easy looking games. He might be a bit knackered after Afcon though and there may be squad rotation around the champions league games.

Choices, choices.

Ruh-roh.

1645086706077.png

"The ankle was swollen at the break so we had to change," added Klopp.

Pressed further on the injury, the German said: "Twisted ankle, it was swollen. So that's not a good sign but we have to see.

"We will check it as early as possible tomorrow [Thursday] but we need further assessment."

Oh well there goes my plan not to spend points on transfers for once, not even with the all the doubles. It now looks like I'll end up spending 8 points, and will end up with even less double gameweekers than I had planned. The way the fixtures have fallen makes me more wary than normal about selling or benching certain single gameweek players. I've only got one free hit left so I also need a plan to navigate the blanks in 27, given there are even more blanks due in 30 which I'll almost certainly need my remaining free hit to navigate.

I have a more sensible plan that only involves spending 4 points and also sets me up well for 27, but I dont think I will use it because for some reason I now really want Lacazette and Robertson for this week. If I could be satisfied with Son and Dennis instead then I'd only need to spend 4 points this week.

I'm not sure whether to bother with Robertson or not, he might get rested in one of the games. So maybe I will only spend 4 points, dunno.

I'm not sure whether to bother with Robertson or not, he might get rested in one of the games. So maybe I will only spend 4 points, dunno.
Definitely a lot of people looking at him, but likewise a lot seem to be thinking Tsimikas might get a run out and deputise for at least one of the games.

Did hear one person suggest similar for TAA/Milner, actually.

Not sure how much I agree with it, but certainly there's some people who are thinking "these would be a good pair of games for Klopp to rest some of his starting XI for one or both".

DGWs 28 and 29 just announced:

28 is a double for Southampton, Newcastle, Wolves, Watford, Leeds, Aston Villa,
29 for Liverpool, Arsenal, Brighton, Spurs, Everton and Newcastle.

Gah, and I just spent a good chunk of time planning ahead last night! :mad:

Will have to have a look to see how much that changes my plans.

Also irritating as part of my plans were based on positioning myself so I was more able to react and adapt quickly than other managers, but now they've all got loads of time to prepare! Grr....

My new plan has a few flaws in it and plenty of points spend on transfers over the next 4 gameweeks, but I've enjoyed the challenge of planning for so many double game weeks so far. Makes the season more interesting, and although it might not smash the template but it should at least create more variation round the edges. Given I already used wildcard last week, I'm relieved that the team I built last week can be made to fit into the new plan.

At least so far I've only got a bunch of -8's in the plan rather than any -16's, in part because there are a bunch of tasty in form single gameweekers that Im just too reluctant to get rid of right now.

I'm not going into this coming gameweek with the number of double gameweekers I really wanted though. It would be a slightly different story if I had confidence about Raphinhas form or Edouards starts or Robertsons chances of playing both games. Never mind, I'll try hard to think about any gains in terms of clumps of weeks rather than one gameweek at a time.

Last edited:
Cancelo, surely? You ALWAYS start Joao!
Yeah... I thought it was more likely Bowen (who had 5 in 5) would score against Newcastle than City keep a clean sheet against Spurs.

Was also a little of a calculated risk, as I left Jota on the pitch, so if he does indeed miss both games then on comes Cancelo.

Who will almost certainly somehow get a red card in the process of scoring an own goal.

I thought it was more likely Bowen (who had 5 in 5) would score against Newcastle than City keep a clean sheet against Spurs.
IMO for Cancelo you always play him because of the damage he can do as well as any clean sheets. Jota will be struggling to get back for next weekend so you're all good.

My clean sheeeeeeeeeets :( :(

1645289953198.png

Also pissed Livra got an assist; he's in my plans for next week and was hoping he'd fly under the radar 'till then, but now half a million people are gonna jump on him. Bastard.

<edit: holy hell, that Brentford goal means I'm 1 point down in this week's H2H, rather than 7 points up :mad:

I feel like FPL really shines a spotlight on my unhealthy view of life; I've generally had a pretty good day, but all I can think about is the missed opportunities :facepalm: :oops:>

Last edited:
d3dec121813e2d3eab1197dc11d432ee.png

Dalot, Raphinha and Rashford benched.

Meslier, Ayling, Koch, Llorente, Struijk, Dallas, Forshaw, Klich, James, Harrison, Rodrigo.

Subs: Klaesson, Firpo, Raphinha, Roberts, Bate, Gelhardt, Cresswell, Shackleton, Kenneh.

De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, Fernandes, Pogba, Lingard, Sancho, Ronaldo.

Subs: Henderson, Mata, Rashford, Fred, Varane, Dalot, Telles, Matic, Elanga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom