Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah you crushed them by nearly 100 points, although they have some Gallagher points to come off the bench and the week is of course not quite over yet.
It will be an interesting points difference as ive still got 3 to play tonight.

If any of them are Smith or Rowe, you don't, anymore.
Honestly, what does the kid have to do??

Scores pretty much every time he's given a chance to get on the pitch, even if it's only a handful of minutes, but then straight back on the bench.

He does it again on a rare opportunity to start, what's his reward? Not even a place on the bench :facepalm: :confused:

I dont normally resent yellow cards that my players end up with but I might make an exception for this one:

Raul Jimenez is taking his time to go off and is booked. It appeared Bruno Lage was going to substitute him but it looks like a Wolves player is injured and Lage and Jimenez are trying to make the referee aware of that.

Wolves definitely wanted to change who they were taking off as now the fourth official's board shows Daniel Podence to come off for Leander Dendoncker.

Well I loved the points I got this week but this evening was rubbish and now I'm left with some dilemmas solved, some new ones created, and a desire to spend even more points than planned on transfers for the next 3 gameweeks.

I'm not using a free hit to cope with gw27 because I only have one left. I'm going to live without Man City players apart from Cancelo for their game this weekend, but I feel I'll be taking a risk if I go without Son or Kane or maybe both. But Spurs are all over the place and Conte made a lot of noises after their latest defeat. And I'm now very far from convinced that I want to stick with having the double-defence of both an Arsenal defender and goalkeeper. I was already thinking of not hopping on board Wolves defence, so will probably stick with that. But I'm not even sure whether to keep Jimenez, or use his slot to get Kane. And then perhaps if I start drooling at Wolves next double I could get Hwang in for Weghorst once Burnleys next double is out of the way this coming gameweek. I'm also likely to switch Bowen to Ward-Prowse but dont know whether to do it this week or next week. So its not hard to imagine me ending up spending 12 points on transfers before tomorrows deadline!

Plus I face the top team of the H2H league this coming gameweek, at a time when I'm a close second, and I just gave away the bulk of my thinking and will have to go through my usual H2H disadvantage of heavy transfer points spent. Never mind, I enjoy a challenge :D

Top H2H team manager, do feel free to reveal some of your approach for this coming gameweek to me in order to partially restore the equilibrium :D If you do I'll even reveal my moves and how many transfer points I've spent some hours ahead of the deadline :D

I dont mind either way, feel free to stay tight lipped if you like. If so I'll still tell you how many points I've spent on transfers, but not on who exactly :D

To be honest right now spending 4 or 8 is still a bit more likely than 12. But I know what I'm like once I've got ideas in my head, so 12 is still possible. Oh I dunno though, even saying it out loud makes me want to tone it down a little, so presume 8 until you hear otherwise.

I've actually already revealed my Plan A ranting over the weekend :D

Out of some misguided... something, I'm 'saving' my FHs and WC for god knows what, so it's just White -> Livra at this point.

Cheers. Well there is at least one huge blank in gw30 to be revealed after next FA cup fixtures are played, and some more juicy doubles including the traditional one or two very big ones near the end of the season save your FHs and WC for.

Theres always one or two players that I resent owning but still end up with several times a season, and in recent years that often been Kane. Its not much fun to bring a player in with the expectation that they will let me down straight away, but still feeling compelled to do so for certain fixtures. Against leaky Leeds in this case. And with a high budget that it took a lot of transfer points to end up with earlier in the season, with not much else to spend it on other than flexing it by having both Son and Kane.

So you are prepared to go into this weekend with only 10 players playing then? And even then one of them is Edouard!

I'm pretty sure there are times where it makes more sense for me to go with less than 11 players, but I never seem to manage to resist fixing the situation at any price.

Well keep doing what you are doing, its working real well for you so far! Stick to your game and dont be influenced by me revealing my moves this week.

Im now almost certain to bring in a Burnley defender (or goalkeeper), sell Salah for one week to get Son (then Fernandes becomes Salah the following gameweek), and I think I will move early on Ward-Prowse so you'll also have a Bowen owning advantage over me this week. Its probably only a question now of whether I turn the -8 into a -12 by also doing Jimenez to Kane.

Bah, I've genuinely been paying more attention to overall point tally and Classic leagues, but with the H2H so tight and the fact I know I'm going up against 2nd place with a "hold over" squad...

Dammit, now I'm reconsidering plans, but without any other plans to replace them :mad: :facepalm: :D

Bah, I've genuinely been paying more attention to overall point tally and Classic leagues, but with the H2H so tight and the fact I know I'm going up against 2nd place with a "hold over" squad...

Dammit, now I'm reconsidering plans, but without any other plans to replace them :mad: :facepalm: :D

The hugely popular option among fpl content creators who have two free hits left is to free hit this week and load up on Burnley, Man City, Spurs and Man Utd for one week only. Lots of them already wildcarded last week to set their teams up for the doubles in 28 and 29, and potentially also to avoid having to use another free hit to cope with all the blanks in 30 (there are a few teams that are already certain to have a game in 30). Some that didnt use their wildcard already are planning to use it in 28 instead. I already used 2nd wildcard and 1st free hit previously, so I cannot take that approach, I have to achieve a somewhat similar result using transfers alone.

#mindgames

Stumbled into it by accident due to my love of boring on about my team and moves, and only checking who I had next in the H2H after I had already opened my big gob. I've almost certainly disadvantaged myself this week as a result, and will now have to rely on victories in other gameweeks to reach the top.

I got cold feet about selling Bowen but then I did it anyway.

Spent 12 points, not hugely optimistic about the results this week but stuck to my plan in its most extreme form anyway.

The hugely popular option among fpl content creators who have two free hits left is to free hit this week and load up on Burnley, Man City, Spurs and Man Utd for one week only.
Yeah, I know, I just have a terrible case of "just in case" syndrome, where I hold onto things 'just in case' I need them for a later that never comes.

Need to look more closely at the remaining GWs and come up with an actual plan. Know the broad strokes, but need to make some decisions.

Yeah, I know, I just have a terrible case of "just in case" syndrome, where I hold onto things 'just in case' I need them for a later that never comes.

Need to look more closely at the remaining GWs and come up with an actual plan. Know the broad strokes, but need to make some decisions.

What did you do in the end? The deadline was 5 minutes ago!

Well, Livra done me good (though what, couldn't score another goal, mate?! :mad: ;) ); waits to be seen whether not free hitting will still sting me elsewhere, though.

I was happy with how last week went but when I looked ahead to the gameweek that just began and the two that follow, I figured I'd be spending too many transfer points every week and still not end up with enough doublers and non-blankers. So I decided to take a whopping 16 point hit in one go and try to compensate for it using bench boost. Wanted to save bench booster for near the end of the season really, but the way I'd already spread my budget around made that tough. At least in the H2H league I am facing butchers apron this week who likes to spend plenty on transfers too, he has taken a -12 and also used bench boost.

Picking a captain was a nightmare this week. I had to settle on Broja in the end but am not at all confident about it.

On paper Coutinho is the main threat to my success this week. But I also fear Adams outscoring Broja. I also feared not having Raphinha but it turns out that none of the fpl teams I care about seem to have him either.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
No Digne, rumour is that he has covid. Doh.

Jimenez benched but that suits me as I went for Hwang instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom