Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2022

OK guys we are out of here, no Ted so we'll hit the bar early, I'll take the stick I'm going to get because Max won and I'll try and change the subject as quickly as possible :)

Catch you all in two weeks for the race at Melbourne Park :thumbs:

hmm did horner get on the phone to albion

bin it bin it

:D

nice be of sportmanship from Laclonk

Wait till he heres Max whining all race

has he forgotten they have not got a big red phone to masi anymore

well done all around :)

don't expect it to be so nice later on the year if this carries on

I think Ferrari would be crazy if they don't extend Carlos Sainz's contract, personally I think they'll do it in the next few weeks. For sure Mick Schumacher isn't ready to move to them yet. I was reading during the week that Mick Schumacher was saying in the press that he is happy to talk to any team, which was him trying to put pressure on Ferrari I believe, but if that is what he is trying to do it will not work, Ferrari are much bigger than any driver.

bigger than any driver who cannot keep it out of the barriers

mick a nice fellow but he preformer worse at the moment that Ralf ever did and he did not get the nod for the prancing horse
mick would sell some merch but would that mean he would be competative

not by his racing atm

Mosley took own life after terminal cancer diagnosis

Max Mosley, the former FIA president, took his own life after being given a terminal cancer diagnosis, an inquest has heard. At the age of 81, Mosley shot himself at his London home in May 2021 after learning he only had weeks to live – a “very limited life expectancy” – and was in “debilitating” pain, Westminster Coroner’s Court heard. Evidence at the inquest revealed Mosley, who was FIA president for 16 years from 1993 to 2009, had contacted his personal assistant the night before he was found dead to inform him of his decision to kill himself.

Mosley could not be persuaded and had formed a “settled intent”, the court heard. He was then said to have had a last meal with his wife and written a suicide note that was found the following day. Senior Coroner Dr Fiona Wilcox recorded a conclusion of suicide, saying she was “satisfied” Mosley intended to kill himself. She added: “I am also entirely satisfied Mr Mosley would not have undertaken this action but for the distressing and debilitating terminal lymphoma.” The court heard how Mosley had developed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, a cancer affecting immune cells, in 2019 and “explored all treatment options”. However, despite the efforts of doctors, none were successful and he had been moved to palliative care.

Dr Wilcox recorded a cause of death as a gunshot wound, adding the cancer had been a contributing factor. Concluding the hearing, she said Mosley was a “remarkable man” and added: “I would like to pass my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Mr Mosley. I wish you all well.” The inquest also heard from Mosley’s relatives that he felt his biggest achievement as president of the FIA had been “the promotion of road safety” and “green technology in F1”. Mosley was a founder and co-owner of the March team and became their representative at the Formula One Constructors’ Association (FOCA). He then, along with Bernie Ecclestone, went on to represent FOCA in their dealings with the FIA and race organisers.

An amateur racing driver who competed in a single F1 non-championship race in 1969, the Madrid Grand Prix from which he retired in a Lotus 59, Mosley was a negotiator of the first Concorde Agreement. The year after he became president of the FIA, Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger were killed during the weekend of the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola. Mosley was praised for being an exception among the motorsport hierarchy in that he decided to attend Ratzenberger’s lower-key funeral rather than Senna’s.

Las Vegas race confirmed. On a Saturday evening, because fuck tradition, let’s have a race on a shit looking street track where there’s money :mad:
It’ll be on our tv screens Sunday morning, which suits me fine as there’s minimal waiting around after waking up. The backdrop of Bellagio fountains, etc will make for some great visuals and let’s not assume the racing will be bad, we will have to wait and see.

It’ll be on our tv screens Sunday morning, which suits me fine as there’s minimal waiting around after waking up. The backdrop of Bellagio fountains, etc will make for some great visuals and let’s not assume the racing will be bad, we will have to wait and see.
See, going after “the visuals” is why F1 is in the state it’s in. How about going after good racing on proper tracks instead?

See, going after “the visuals” is why F1 is in the state it’s in. How about going after good racing on proper tracks instead?
What state is F1 in then? In the recent years I‘ve been enjoying some of the closest and best racing I remember for many years, and having been an avid watcher since the 80s I know how often F1 races in the past have been boring processions with a leader opening a 30 second gap then just managing the race from there. The popularity of the sport is at an all time high and rising, and destination events such as Las Vegas help recruit new fans.

Yet it still seems fashionable to moan about how terrible F1 is and how it needs fixing. To be honest you seem to have a very negative outlook and all I ever see from you on these F1 threads is moaning. Hope you start enjoying the sport soon as I’m not sure why you’re wasting your time on it otherwise.

a-470x264.jpg

:/ yay

What state is F1 in then? In the recent years I‘ve been enjoying some of the closest and best racing I remember for many years, and having been an avid watcher since the 80s I know how often F1 races in the past have been boring processions with a leader opening a 30 second gap then just managing the race from there. The popularity of the sport is at an all time high and rising, and destination events such as Las Vegas help recruit new fans.

Yet it still seems fashionable to moan about how terrible F1 is and how it needs fixing. To be honest you seem to have a very negative outlook and all I ever see from you on these F1 threads is moaning. Hope you start enjoying the sport soon as I’m not sure why you’re wasting your time on it otherwise.
I think I’m at the “sunken cost fallacy” point with F1 tbh :D

The new cars seem to be a positive, which will make the racing better. But street circuits have always been, and always will be, shit. Only exception is Monaco, and that’s a (albeit rather ridiculous) special case ;)

The new cars seem to be a positive, which will make the racing better. But street circuits have always been, and always will be, shit. Only exception is Monaco, and that’s a (albeit rather ridiculous) special case because it's so much more than shit - it's a total abomination that should be nuked from orbit and never seen on the calendar ever again ;)

I agree ^

IN NUMBERS: The facts and figures behind the new Las Vegas Grand Prix

Formula 1 is heading back to Las Vegas next year, with the American desert city – famed for its bright lights – hosting a street race that will see the cars power their way along the iconic Las Vegas Strip. Here are the key numbers to get you up to speed.

Creating a street circuit is an exciting challenge for any designer and Las Vegas was no different. Countless hours were spent assessing the topography both in person and on Google Earth. That yielded 31 different layout variations before a 6.12km version was agreed upon. That makes this venue the second longest street track on the F1 calendar, behind the Jeddah Corniche Circuit, and the third longest overall (Belgium’s Spa Francorchamps leads the way on 7.004km, in case you were wondering).

Weaving its way through Las Vegas’s existing infrastructure, F1’s newest street circuit features 14 corners. Only Austria’s Red Bull Ring and Italy’s Monza have fewer turns, while Zandvoort, the Hungaroring and Montreal all have the same. Nine turns go left, the other five go right. There are three healthy straights, a high-speed cornering sequence and a single chicane section.

With so many straights and only a few slow corners this track is going to be a fast one. Cars will hit top speeds of around 342km/h (212 mph) according to simulations. And our data suggests average speeds will be similar to those found at Monza aka the Temple of Speed, which means teams will bring their low-downforce aerodynamic packages, complete with shallow rear wing, similar to what they take to Monza and Spa.

One of those straights will be around 2km and runs over one of the most famous pieces of road in the world the Las Vegas Strip. Drivers will experience an assault on their senses as they blast past iconic hotels including the Venetian, the Bellagio and Caesars Palace whose old car park was home to the previous two runnings of the Las Vegas Grand Prix in 1981 and 1982.

As they approach the Cosmopolitan Hotel, drivers will hit the brakes and get their machines slowed down inside a 90m braking zone, before tackling the Turn 11 left-hander. This is one of the best places to overtake, with countless viewing spots from hotel balconies, bar windows and restaurant terraces available to catch a glimpse of the action.

The race will uniquely take place on Saturday, is set to run for 50 laps on a track where the entire layout will be resurfaced to iron out the bumps.

Next year there will be not just one, not just two, but three Grands Prix in the United States, as Las Vegas joins Miami which makes its F1 debut in May 2022 and Austin, which joined the calendar in 2012.

Reactions: Ax^

The new cars seem to be a positive, which will make the racing better. But street circuits have always been, and always will be, shit. Only exception is Monaco, and that’s a (albeit rather ridiculous) special case ;)
Ok, well sorry for having a pop at you, I was a definately bit grumpy earlier. Street circuits can be frustrating, but they can also deliver great races and have played their part in helping the sport develop into what we enjoy today.

I’m also hopeful that the new car rules will help deliver more close racing this year, and it’s looking positive.

Baku and Melbourne are both street circuits and are ace. Monaco is the only really shit street circuit and that gets a pass because it's Monaco. There was one in the 80s (Detroit?) that had a load of exposed manhole covers that was horrendous.

Wasn't their also a race in Vegas in the 80s?

Baku and Melbourne are both street circuits and are ace. Monaco is the only really shit street circuit and that gets a pass because it's Monaco. There was one in the 80s (Detroit?) that had a load of exposed manhole covers that was horrendous.

I have a vague feeling there was a street circuit in Miami about 20 years ago. I remember driving through there and seeing grandstands being built at the roadside.

aye in the car park or caesars palace and it was shit, piquet won his first world championship their in 1981

was sure it was where manshell fainted as it would of be the only interesting thing about the track but that was Detroit

turning into a pub quiz on here atm

Audi and Porsche set to complete F1 entry next week

Porsche and Audi are on the verge of entering F1 and a new report from Reuters suggests the VW could give them green light as early as next week. ‘We will hopefully be able to communicate our intention to enter into Formula One then," one of the sources told Reuters, with a further source telling the outlet there was a "good chance" of a positive decision.

How will it work?
The plan is now for Audi to team up with the McLaren motorsport division and also take over Woking’s automotive arm. It´ll be a one all-in parcel, racing and automotive, lock, stock and barrel. CAR understands the diligence phase has not yet begun, but the lawyers of both parties are already talking, and the main stakeholders, among them the Mumtalakat Holding Company from the Middle East are allegedly willing to sell the loss-making car business. In addition to a couple of new logos on the grid which we’ll get to later, this will result in substantial economies of scale between Lambo, McLaren and Porsche. This would create the world´s strongest sports car group.

Audi and Porsche become engine suppliers?
For a while, it was not clear whether Audi and Porsche would field two pairs of jointly developed F1 race cars or act merely as powertrain supplier. It now transpires that the latter option is about to materialize. While Audi would power with McLaren, Porsche is said to have an arrangement with Red Bull Racing in the works potentially after the current period with Honda consultancy. There even exists a fallback Plan B: Audi & Williams and Porsche & Alpha Tauri or even Haas. In some ways, this makes the most sense. Porsche and Audi get to develop and market their hybrid technology in advance of the new rules without the cost of chassis development.

What about the engine?
The new drivetrain is reportedly a joint effort by Audi Sport and Porsche Motorsport. Although the VW side had favoured an ultra high-performance 2.0litre four which was from the very beginning part of the so-called world engine project, the FIA opted for the 1.6litre V6 turbo which was a precondition for Ferrari to stay in F1. Fed by sustainable fuels and devoid of the capricious MGU-H energy regeneration system, the combustion engine will in the future be supported by 475bhp of e-power, about triple the current output.

How would Audi benefit?
According to those in the know, Audi is bidding for McLaren Cars and for the F1 unit, said to be worth around £1 billion. Jörg Astalosch, 49, is the designated chief liaison officer in the Audi-McLaren talks. Previously in charge of Ital Design (also an Audi satellite), the former confidant of VW Group supremo Ferdinand Piech started his new job in October. Audi and Porsche are likely to fuse the F1 R&D work while retaining different set-ups and visual identities. One scenario suggests that Audi/McLaren will partner with Porsche/Red Bull to fight Ferrari and Mercedes in the upcoming hybrid/sustainable fuels era. This could be a profitable enterprise for Audi and Volkswagen Group. Mercedes CEO Ola Källenius revealed last year that the AMG Petronas F1 commitment creates an annual media value of $1.5bn and rising. Since Audi has pulled out of DTM and Formula E, the return on investment looks potentially sound.

Is McLaren vulnerable to a takeover?
McLaren has suffered a torrid time due to Covid-19. The Automotive division recorded a £222.9million operating loss in 2020, a swing from £91.1m profit in 2019. Last year, sales crashed by 64 per cent to 1659 cars. McLaren had to make some 830 redundancies. And the group has been involved in a critical refinancing, selling the Woking HQ and leasing it back, and issuing £550m of new shares to provide liquidity and pay off a £150m loan. The situation has improved in 2021, with revenue doubling in the first half of the year. However McLaren Automotive CEO Mike Flewitt stood down in late October, after eight years in charge. One of his final acts was to start evolving the Track25 strategy, which proposed the launch of 18 new models in a six-year timeframe, into a plan called Horizon 2030. This is likely to slow down the pace of new derivatives, in favour of higher margin models and an electrification push. Two former Volkswagen Group executives both appointed McLaren Group non-executive directors in early October will steer Automotive for an interim period. They are former Porsche CEO Michael Macht, who will run the technical and operations side, and Stefan Jacoby, who also worked at GM and Mitsubishi.

What about BMW?
BMW was previously in the race to buy McLaren, but that has now gone cold. A key player is Mumtalakat, the Bahrain state investment fund which owns about 42 per cent of McLaren. Reportedly Mumtalakat had its first, on-the-record meeting with BMW in early December. It appears that didn't come to anything of note. BMW has had ties with McLaren since providing the iconic F1 supercar’s V12 in the ‘90s. A few years back, the two companies had talks about McLaren collaborating on a mid-engined supercar for Munich, but the project never got off the ground. For BMW, acquiring McLaren would've kicked the door to supercar heaven wide open. And BMW could do with a new sports car plan, because the cupboard is bare. The M8 is an overweight GT, the Z4 wouldn’t exist without Toyota and brand-shaping halo cars like Z8 or i8 are history.

But surely VW has too many sports car brands?
Rumours suggest Volkswagen Group has considered divesting brands including Lamborghini and Ducati; CAR’s Georg Kacher broke the story of Bugatti being spun-off to Croatian EV pioneer Rimac. So why bid for McLaren? While the F1 connection is self-explanatory, an Ingolstadt source revealed, there are logical reasons to acquire McLaren Automotive. One is defensive: to block rivals from Korea or China. Geely reportedly was in talks with McLaren Cars last year or arch-rival BMW. In the long run McLaren could end up in sync with Bentley and Lambo to boost synergy effects in a profitable but increasingly volatile market. And in a single decade, McLaren has raced from nowhere to matching Ferrari and Lamborghini in ability and desirability and there are admirers within the group who fancy driving it forward themselves. It's not the first time BMW and VW Group have gone head-to-head for a blue-chip British car maker. In the late '90s both sought the then-combined Rolls-Royce and Bentley with BMW ultimately getting the Spirit of Ecstasy and VW the Winged B.

Say what you mean Mr Kolles

Aston Martin's struggles in Formula One under Lawrence Stroll are proof that 'the fish stinks from the head,' according to a former team boss. In an extraordinary attack on Stroll's leadership of the team, Colin Kolles, a former team principal in the sport with HRT Racing, has laid the blame solely at the door of Canadian billionaire Stroll. A dismal performance at the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix, in which stand-in driver Nico Hulkenberg finished 12th and Lance Stroll, son of team owner Lance, finished down in 13th, has seen Aston Martin go four straight races without getting a single point, a disaster that lands at the boss's door in the eyes of Kolles. "You have a team owner who thinks he is the team boss, who knows everything better and thinks he should put his son up front with all his might. For me, that is the completely wrong approach," Kolles told German broadcaster Sport1. "The fish always stinks from the head. I can see the racing team going nowhere. As long as Mr Whitmarsh is in charge and Mr Stroll doesn't see that he should be staying at home and only giving budgetary guidelines and letting people work who know their stuff and get the right people to lead the team, it will never work in life."

Stroll purchased Force India in 2018 for £90million and held grand ambitions to go on and challenge the F1 elite in the coming years. They rebranded as Racing Point before changing to their current guise as Aston Martin. Stroll's son Lance was immediately elevated into a seat and Kolles believes the Canadian team owner's approach is one of burning money in a desperate bid for success. "If someone thinks they'll get into Formula 1 and be in the front ranks overnight, then it won't work that quickly," he continued. "You have to have a plan. You could have had the plan that new rules would come in 2022 and work on them. However, Mr Stroll decided a few years ago that it should now be done quickly, no matter what the cost. I used to tell (investors) if you take a million of any currency and throw it on a fire, the money will burn up just as quickly as in Formula 1 if you don't know what you're doing, and that is the case that is happening at Aston Martin."

Team principal Otmar Szafnauer left the team to join Alpine last season and his comments pointed at the difficulties of working for Stroll. While he didn't name the Canadian businessman directly, he said: 'Two Popes is not possible. But that was exactly the situation at Aston Martin.' After two races of the season so far Aston Martin are joint bottom of the constructors' championship standings with 0 points. Only Williams can match the scoreless total heading into next week's Australian Grand Prix.

Audi wanted a tie up with Red Bull not so long ago?

still could do it they focusing on power trains and have multple brandings under the same house

if the wanted to they could do Skoda and Seat

thinks it more likely to be porsche or lambo branded engines

could supply Mclaren under one and alphatauri under another

still could do it they focusing on power trains and have multple brandings under the same house

if the wanted to they could do Skoda and Seat

thinks it more likely to be porsche or lambo branded engines

could supply Mclaren under one and alphatauri under another
I like the idea of Skoda in F1.

Rosberg to return with Williams, Latifi gets demoted

The 2022 Formula 1 season just keeps on giving with the latest sensational news that 2016 World Champion Nico Rosberg will return to the grid with Williams replacing badly-performing Nicholas Latifi. The former Mercedes driver, who began his F1 career with Williams at the 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix, returns to the team with whom his father Keke Rosberg won his F1 world title. The move comes about as Latifi, in the wake of a crash-packed first two rounds of the F1 season, realises he is a liability to the team and its development. The billionaire’s son stepped down to the role of Williams reserve to allow Rosberg to team up with newcomer Alex Albon. Copies of extracts from the official Williams-Latifi joint statement, expected to be made later this evening Montreal time, were sent to our offices by DHL. The soon to be made public press release said:

In the wake of far too many shunts, some very high-profile ones that will be etched in F1 history, Nicholas Latifi has decided it is in his, and Williams, best interests if he steps down to a role of team reserve with the view to recalibrating his approach to the top flight. This decision left Williams with the problem of having no second driver with very little notice, upon which Jost Capito approached Jenson Button to drive for the team. But the 2009 F1 World Champion politely declines, citing his age as a problem and suggesting Rosberg as an alternative. Capito hit speed-dial to Nico and by all accounts, a deal was struck between the pair on Wednesday evening in Monaco and by the next day they were at the team HQ in the UK completing the deal.

The Netflix series will be entitled ‘Britney is Back: Nico’s Next F1 Journey’
For the 2016 F1 World Champion, at 36 he will not be the oldest driver on the grid by a margin, Fernando Alonso has that honour in this era, and after several years running around with a selfie stick and vlogging, it is clear Rosberg wants the dignity back of being an F1 driver again. While further details of the deal are sketchy, it is known that Rosberg’s return to the F1 grid will be funded by sponsorship from a Netflix inspired spin-off of the hugely successful Drive to Survive series, said to be worth $10-million. This new Netflix series, which follows as the former F1 Champ makes a comeback with no-hopers Williams, documenting his every moment and edited into 24 half-hour segments to be premiered every Wednesday after each Grand Prix weekend.

Latifi: I can’t seem to stop crashing so best I stop driving for now…
Latifi commented: “Surviving the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix blooper was tough. But I can’t seem to stop crashing, so I took a look at myself in the mirror and said: “My Dad has spent so much money on me getting into F1, I was destroyed by George [Russell] who is a great driver as we all know. Now comes Alex, not so great, with one year out of F1 and blows me away. And then I keep binning it at all the wrong moments. The mirror does not lie, and neither can I to myself or all that have faith in me. I will back down and be the team reserve, making space for Nico a driver who will bring another level to our team. I can learn from him. And while this is the closing of this chapter, a new one begins as my business in F1 is not finished. This is simply a step back to take several forward. I will only return when I feel I am at least in the top 50 pecking order of drivers to be in F1 on sheer talent. I will always have money to make it happen, so no biggie there. Right now I am nowhere near that, probably struggling to break the top 200 most deserving F1 drivers of my generation, thus I am compelled to do the right thing because money can’t by talent. Its something I have to work on".

Latifi: Good luck, Nico, I look forward to watching you work and learn from it
A bombshell no doubt but a welcome dose of honesty and humility by the Canadian driver who has shown true sportsmanship with his actions, uncalled for because his Dad pays for the team’s existence. Indeed nble. Attempts to contact the team and both drivers proved unsuccessful, but we understand from various sources that the announcement and statement will be made later today. Our source at Grove has promised to DHL copies of Rosberg’s statement before the news becomes official, a week before the start of the Australian Grand Prix weekend in Melbourne where a press conference will be held to confirm Latifi’s demotion to reserve and Rosberg’s return. Meanwhile, our source reports the Monte-Carlo based German was at Grove on Thursday for a seat fitting in the Williams FW44, picking up his new race suits and team kit, a meet and greet with key personnel and engineers including familiarisation, on the team’s simulator, of the car he will drive in a week. At the same time, Rosberg made himself available to the marketing department for promotional photos and interviews, with his ‘Britney is Back’ Netflix crew lurking exclusively on the video side.

Rosberg to return with Williams, Latifi gets demoted

The 2022 Formula 1 season just keeps on giving with the latest sensational news that 2016 World Champion Nico Rosberg will return to the grid with Williams replacing badly-performing Nicholas Latifi. The former Mercedes driver, who began his F1 career with Williams at the 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix, returns to the team with whom his father Keke Rosberg won his F1 world title. The move comes about as Latifi, in the wake of a crash-packed first two rounds of the F1 season, realises he is a liability to the team and its development. The billionaire’s son stepped down to the role of Williams reserve to allow Rosberg to team up with newcomer Alex Albon. Copies of extracts from the official Williams-Latifi joint statement, expected to be made later this evening Montreal time, were sent to our offices by DHL. The soon to be made public press release said:

In the wake of far too many shunts, some very high-profile ones that will be etched in F1 history, Nicholas Latifi has decided it is in his, and Williams, best interests if he steps down to a role of team reserve with the view to recalibrating his approach to the top flight. This decision left Williams with the problem of having no second driver with very little notice, upon which Jost Capito approached Jenson Button to drive for the team. But the 2009 F1 World Champion politely declines, citing his age as a problem and suggesting Rosberg as an alternative. Capito hit speed-dial to Nico and by all accounts, a deal was struck between the pair on Wednesday evening in Monaco and by the next day they were at the team HQ in the UK completing the deal.

The Netflix series will be entitled ‘Britney is Back: Nico’s Next F1 Journey’
For the 2016 F1 World Champion, at 36 he will not be the oldest driver on the grid by a margin, Fernando Alonso has that honour in this era, and after several years running around with a selfie stick and vlogging, it is clear Rosberg wants the dignity back of being an F1 driver again. While further details of the deal are sketchy, it is known that Rosberg’s return to the F1 grid will be funded by sponsorship from a Netflix inspired spin-off of the hugely successful Drive to Survive series, said to be worth $10-million. This new Netflix series, which follows as the former F1 Champ makes a comeback with no-hopers Williams, documenting his every moment and edited into 24 half-hour segments to be premiered every Wednesday after each Grand Prix weekend.

Latifi: I can’t seem to stop crashing so best I stop driving for now…
Latifi commented: “Surviving the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix blooper was tough. But I can’t seem to stop crashing, so I took a look at myself in the mirror and said: “My Dad has spent so much money on me getting into F1, I was destroyed by George [Russell] who is a great driver as we all know. Now comes Alex, not so great, with one year out of F1 and blows me away. And then I keep binning it at all the wrong moments. The mirror does not lie, and neither can I to myself or all that have faith in me. I will back down and be the team reserve, making space for Nico a driver who will bring another level to our team. I can learn from him. And while this is the closing of this chapter, a new one begins as my business in F1 is not finished. This is simply a step back to take several forward. I will only return when I feel I am at least in the top 50 pecking order of drivers to be in F1 on sheer talent. I will always have money to make it happen, so no biggie there. Right now I am nowhere near that, probably struggling to break the top 200 most deserving F1 drivers of my generation, thus I am compelled to do the right thing because money can’t by talent. Its something I have to work on".

Latifi: Good luck, Nico, I look forward to watching you work and learn from it
A bombshell no doubt but a welcome dose of honesty and humility by the Canadian driver who has shown true sportsmanship with his actions, uncalled for because his Dad pays for the team’s existence. Indeed nble. Attempts to contact the team and both drivers proved unsuccessful, but we understand from various sources that the announcement and statement will be made later today. Our source at Grove has promised to DHL copies of Rosberg’s statement before the news becomes official, a week before the start of the Australian Grand Prix weekend in Melbourne where a press conference will be held to confirm Latifi’s demotion to reserve and Rosberg’s return. Meanwhile, our source reports the Monte-Carlo based German was at Grove on Thursday for a seat fitting in the Williams FW44, picking up his new race suits and team kit, a meet and greet with key personnel and engineers including familiarisation, on the team’s simulator, of the car he will drive in a week. At the same time, Rosberg made himself available to the marketing department for promotional photos and interviews, with his ‘Britney is Back’ Netflix crew lurking exclusively on the video side.
The cunt would probably drive permanently miked up for Sky, live in car commentary the whole race. And it would still be dull.

Back
Top Bottom