Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F1 2022

Stay classy, Bernie.

It does seem unfair that Marzipan has to suffer for the behaviour of people he has no influence over. Perhaps, however, by making enough people aware of the consequences of Putin’s action they’ll do something to stop him.

FIA release statement as decision made on Nikita Mazepin future

THE FIA have released a statement on the future of Nikita Mazepin. The FIA have confirmed that Haas driver Nikita Mazepin will be permitted to continue racing in F1 under a neutral flag. However, motorsport's governing body has issued further sanctions on Russia and Belarus over their invasion of Ukraine. The two eastern European countries will be banned from hosting races, which follows on from the F1 Russian Grand Prix being cancelled. All Russian and Belarusian delegates have also been forced to step down from the FIA. A statement reads: "Russian/Belarusian drivers, individual competitors and officials to participate in international/zone competitions only in their neutral capacity and under the 'FIA flag', subject to specific commitment and adherence to the FIA’s principles of peace and political neutrality."

Even FIFA, that beacon of righteousness, probity and integrity have banned all Russian sports teams.

I guess when we have races in Saudi, China, Bahrain etc then we shouldn't be surprised.

It's dirty.

It does seem unfair that Marzipan has to suffer for the behaviour of people he has no influence over. Perhaps, however, by making enough people aware of the consequences of Putin’s action they’ll do something to stop him.

he fucking da is an oligarch who is keeping Putin in power, not that harsh without he dad's money he been no where near a F1 car

Russian sportspeople are routinely 'forced' to compete under a neutral flag, and without anthems, because the Russian sport federations are hotbeds of performance drugs and cheating.

Individuals are routinely punished for the 'sins of their fathers' - guilty by association. It's in the nature of team sports that the innocent suffer for the guilt of team mates, administrators, governments, and so on.

As for Marzipan, I think he should be banned for being a shit driver, and his seat given to someone with actual talent.

But things being as they are, let the little twerp drive and show how poor he is. Also, looking at events in Ukraine, he sums up the Russian military command - over-indulged, boorish, insipid, incompetent, and a bit of a cunt.

:)

We have to watch for drive to survive season 4 to find out if niketa is a total arsehole

f1 would not want to lose the bonus points of a netflix show reviewing last year

even for a war

Russian drivers banned from this years British GP at Silverstone.

Last edited:
I suppose the new Red Bull can’t be too shabby then. Why else would news of Verstappen‘s contract extension come only now, after he’s had the chance to drive it in testing?

don't think that was the red bull in testing just giving the other team daft idea to steal :D

we shall see in bahrain like the merc :)

red bull not setting themselves up very well in the future for Ferrari stealing max mind

who else will be able to support his next salary bump.. he get paid as much as hamilton

Formula 1’s protest season has ‘already started’

Sky Sports reporter Ted Kravitz has said he can “definitely” see teams protesting each other, in fact it has “already started”. With all new regulations finally coming into play for the 2022 season and creating 20 cars that will follow the ground-effect philosophy of aerodynamics, the 10 teams, very reluctantly we would imagine, showed off their new challengers and their initial interpretations of the new rules at the three-day shakedown event in Barcelona last week. While the cars seen on show at the Circuit de Catalunya provide absolutely no guarantee of seeing the same designs at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix on March 18-20, or even testing in fact on March 10-12, it appears there has already been enough snooping going on up and down the pit lane for the FIA’s in-tray to start filling up. The 2021 season was dominated by flexi-front and rear wings, but it appears to be that flexi-floors could be the main area under scrutiny this year. Auto Motor und Sport have reported that some upgrades being introduced by the teams are “sailing close to the wind and bringing solutions that do not quite correspond to the spirit of the regulations.”

Asked in a Sky Sports Q and A if we can expect to see teams launching protests against each other in the opening stages of the season, given the radical rule change, Kravitz replied: “They’ve already started! There are already lots of teams looking at various bits on other cars and going, ‘hang on, I didn’t think we were allowed to do that!’ Every single thing is going to be objected or even protested. That’s the problem for these race directors – these two guys are coming in at a particularly red-hot time for inter-team protests.” Kravitz was also asked why the slipstream wasn’t as effective in these new cars at Barcelona and he believes that a clean air problem has now arisen, in contrast to the dirty air issue that plagued the previous iterations of Formula 1 cars in the turbo hybrid era. He said: “It seems to be that in cleaning up the airflow behind, they’ve actually ‘filled in’ some of the gaps the hole in the air that used to be there as a result of the cars throwing all this dirty air into one bit behind the car. Now there’s quite clean air flow behind all the cars, the drivers hit that airflow and it’s actually harder than it was before to make your way through it.” He continued: “I think Formula 1 probably saw this coming, but they’d rather there was close racing in the corners and you can actually follow somebody. We’re going to have a different kind of racing this year.”

As for Marzipan, I think he should be banned for being a shit driver, and his seat given to someone with actual talent.

But things being as they are, let the little twerp drive and show how poor he is. Also, looking at events in Ukraine, he sums up the Russian military command - over-indulged, boorish, insipid, incompetent, and a bit of a cunt.

:)
I think the problem for Nikita Mazepin will be that the HAAS money from Uralkali and other Russian sponsors will dry up and the team will have to get another pay-driver to keep the team funded for the full season. HAAS has already removed all of the Uralkali branding from the cars, trucks and motorhomes, so even if Mazepin Snr is willing to pay for his sons drive without the sponsorship on show, how will he and other Russian sponsors be able to get the funds to the team.

Formula 1 terminates Russian Grand Prix contract

Formula 1 has announced today that the contract with the promoters of the Russian Grand Prix has been cancelled. The termination of the contract came in the wake of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. A statement by Formula 1 said: “Formula 1 can confirm it has terminated its contract with the Russian Grand Prix promoter meaning Russia will not have a race in the future.” This decision comes after the sport cancelled the 2022 Russian Grand Prix originally scheduled for September 25 at Sochi. The FIA followed that by a meeting for the World Motor Sport Council, that decided not to allow Russian drivers or teams to participate in FIA sanctions events while running the Russian flag.

Fuck the Russian Grand Prix, fuck Mazepin. Fuck them off from the world cup qualifying, fuck them off from the paralympics, fuck them off from Eurovision. Not that any of these are particularly important individually in the grand scheme of things, but the Russian people are being told that Ukraine are shelling their own cities; let them see these events going on, make them ask "why aren't we in it?"

Mazepin threatened to pull Uralkali funding from Haas in 2021

Uralkali chairman Dmitry Mazepin threatened to terminate the company's sponsorship of the Haas F1 outfit in 2021 if the team didn't switch chassis between his son Nikita and Mick Schumacher. Early last season, Mazepin claimed that his underperformance relative to Schumacher was due to him racing a heavier car than his teammate, one that he claimed left him as a "sitting duck" among the laggards at the tail end of the field. Haas team boss Guenther Steiner would later confirm that there was a slight weight difference between Mazepin and Schumacher's year-old VF-21 cars "depending on the weight distribution". But the Italian insisted at the time that the disparity was minimal. However, it has been revealed in an early preview of the latest 'Drive to Survive' docuseries by Netflix that will be released next week that tensions had ramped up between Haas and the Mazepin camp, with father and son believing that they were being given a raw deal by the US outfit.

"It’s the same car," Steiner told Nikita Mazepin. "As much as you believe it’s not, it’s the same car." Unconvinced, the young Russian's father stepped in and vowed to put the pressure on Haas. In a scene filmed at the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona, Dmitry Mazepin vents his frustration to his son's advisor Jesper Carlsen "If it doesn’t change, I will send an official letter that we stop financing and stop racing," he warned. "It will be a huge problem with the money and they will decide what to do because we will not keep this ‘let’s do, let’s do, let’s try, let’s try.’ We already tried [for] three races and if we remove the Uralkali, we stop racing. Switch the cars. Everybody knows that someone has an advantage."

Carlsen duly informed Steiner of Mazepin's threat which he said was justified by his belief that "there's a difference between the cars". Confronted with the Russian's warning, Steiner responds on camera and says: "I don’t want to go there on an interview." Eventually, Nikita Mazepin received what he asked for, namely a lighter chassis that was supplied to him from the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa. The young Russian subsequently claimed that the switch had "massively improved" his one-lap pace, although he only succeeded in outqualifying Schumacher once in the second half of the 2021 season.

Nikita Mazepin 'axed by Haas' as Pietro Fittipaldi set to replace Russian F1 driver

Nikita Mazepin is reportedly set to be axed by Haas, with Pietro Fittipaldi poised to step up and take his seat. The Russian F1 driver has battled an uncertain future over the past week, with the sport taking swift action in response to his country's invasion of neighbouring Ukraine. It has now been a week since Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a military attack on Ukraine. Over a million people are now attempting to flee the country, while the civilian death toll is already believed to be in the hundreds.

F1 took swift action last week, and September's scheduled race at the Sochi Autodrom was taken off the 2022 calendar. On Thursday, it was confirmed that the contract with the Russian Grand Prix had been cancelled, meaning Russia will have no place on the schedule for the foreseeable future.

In terms of individual drivers, the FIA called a crisis meeting earlier this week with the World Motor Sport Council, concluding that Russian and Belarusian drivers would be allowed to compete under the neutral FIA flag. But the British Grand Prix then banned Russian or Belarusian drivers from competing at Silverstone in 2022, which landed Haas with another dilemma. F1 journalist Sergio Rodriguez claims that the Russian-backed constructor have opted to oust Mazepin, with Fittipaldi in line to replace him. An official statement is supposedly coming soon, and it will be the Brazilian who sits behind the wheel when testing gets back underway in Bahrain next week.

Nikita Mazepin 'axed by Haas' as Pietro Fittipaldi set to replace Russian F1 driver

Nikita Mazepin is reportedly set to be axed by Haas, with Pietro Fittipaldi poised to step up and take his seat. The Russian F1 driver has battled an uncertain future over the past week, with the sport taking swift action in response to his country's invasion of neighbouring Ukraine. It has now been a week since Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a military attack on Ukraine. Over a million people are now attempting to flee the country, while the civilian death toll is already believed to be in the hundreds.

F1 took swift action last week, and September's scheduled race at the Sochi Autodrom was taken off the 2022 calendar. On Thursday, it was confirmed that the contract with the Russian Grand Prix had been cancelled, meaning Russia will have no place on the schedule for the foreseeable future.

In terms of individual drivers, the FIA called a crisis meeting earlier this week with the World Motor Sport Council, concluding that Russian and Belarusian drivers would be allowed to compete under the neutral FIA flag. But the British Grand Prix then banned Russian or Belarusian drivers from competing at Silverstone in 2022, which landed Haas with another dilemma. F1 journalist Sergio Rodriguez claims that the Russian-backed constructor have opted to oust Mazepin, with Fittipaldi in line to replace him. An official statement is supposedly coming soon, and it will be the Brazilian who sits behind the wheel when testing gets back underway in Bahrain next week.

Sure to be a popular decision. Not least with Mick Schumacher

hmm does this change up ferrai test driver line up

schwarztman is a true racer but he been rather quiet during all of this

I was wondering if there were any past or potential Ukrainian F1 drivers and google turned this,
My name is Ivan Peklin and I have a goal – to become first World Champion in Formula-1 under Ukrainian flag.

In age of 17, I have already taken many awards in karting, I`m 2-times Champion Of Ukraine in Karting, and Master Sports of Ukraine in motorsport.

The next step to my dream is Formula-4. Unfortunately, my family hasn't got enough financial resources to be my sponsor in Formula series. And I’m addressing to all people, who are not indifferent. If you want to see first Ukrainian driver in Formula-4, who will be competing with other drivers, and further in Formula-1, you can help it to become real.

The price for participation in French Formula-4 is 200 000€. I would be grateful for every deposition in my dream. If it`s 10 euro or the whole amount.

Your help can be not only financial, it also might be a repost.

I believe, that we can do it together!
He's got 18 Euros so far. I think I might give him a few quid.
ETA -Ah I see that must be old, he made it to F4.

Last edited:
hmm does this change up ferrai test driver line up

schwarztman is a true racer but he been rather quiet during all of this
I'd imagine he'd just switch nationality and claim he is Israeli. That is where he was born, so I guess he could claim dual nationality. The super license he has is issued by the FIA and he has accrued the necessary points to hold it. While the super license is issued by the FIA has a national on it, drivers with multiple citizenship choose their "official" nationality, so I guess he can change it from Russian.

ah he been very quiet on social media since the lose of his father so don't want to have a go at the fella

but he is a real talent i wish him well

Krack: Timing right for Aston to look into own F1 engine

Aston Martin team boss Mike Krack says the time is right for the Silverstone-based outfit to consider building its own engine for F1's future power unit regulations. F1's is set to introduce a new engine platform at the beginning of the 2026 season. The future regulations will retain the current 1.6-litre V6 hybrid format, but will increase the unit's electrical output to 350 kW while also shedding the cost MGU-H element. The future engine's blueprint and the expected introduction of a power unit cost cap has attracted the interest of the Volkswagen Group, with both Porsche and Audi mulling entering F1 from 2026 as engine suppliers.

But the future changes are also sparking Aston Martin's interest in producing its own engine as the team's chief technical officer Andy Green revealed last month. "I think going forward with our ambitions I think we’re definitely investigating power unit supply in the long-term," said Green. "2026 is mooted as a new power unit regulation and I think as a team we’d love to be involved. We have Aramco now involved as a sponsor and I think we'll have conversations going forward in the next years, we’ll see. I’m sure we’ll be looking at it in great detail and understanding whether there’s a benefit to us moving in that direction."

Aston Martin is currently happy with its engine supply deal with Mercedes, but Krack agrees with Green and says that investigating the feasibility of developing an engine in-house is the responsible thing to do. "I think it’s normal for a brand like Aston Martin that, if there is new power unit regulations that you look into that, that you carefully investigate if that is strategically the right thing," said Krack who officially started work this week with Aston. "And then obviously I think it’s the right steps that F1 is taking to have a higher hybrid bias, let’s say, over electric power. The timelines are reasonable to introduce them in 2026 because we know that other competitors are also evaluating an entry. It is reasonable to take this decision to be on the grid in 2026 with your own power unit. It is the right moment to look into it now."

[For sure Saudi Aramco have the money to spend on R&D, they are one of the richest companies in the world. It would also make sense for them to diverse from oil as they claim to be going green]

Back
Top Bottom