Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final - Italy v England - Sunday 11/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mrs Dess, Scottish, disinterested in football, is excited about watching this. She thinks it's sporting history being made. (She thought she'd support Italy if I'm supporting England, her mind has been changed)

Currently in the uber-pessimistic "we've made it to a final, surely only to be humped at home by a far better team - it's going to be a humiliation" mode

I think England will score. I'm getting increasing Pickford anxieties though. He's getting more and more Corporal Jones as the tournament goes on.
Yeah, can you imagine the last quarter hour before kickoff tomorrow...Three Lions, Sweet Caroline, the Red Arrows flypast, the national anthem... he'll go the Full Hart if someone doesn't have a word with him.

Yeah, can you imagine the last quarter hour before kickoff tomorrow...Three Lions, Sweet Caroline, the Red Arrows flypast, the national anthem... he'll go the Full Hart if someone doesn't have a word with him.
Don't think I'll get much support for this opinion, but I'd be close to dropping him after the last match. Can't deny he's made a few smart saves, but he's beginning to look like an accident waiting to happen.

Don't think I'll get much support for this opinion, but I'd be close to dropping him after the last match. Can't deny he's made a few smart saves, but he's beginning to look like an accident waiting to happen.

He's always been an accident waiting to happen. It's how I described him at the beginning of the tournament. The surprise was he'd seemed to get it all together bang on time for the Euros and put together five decent games for himself. Which he then went and spoiled in the semi-final by reverting to type.

I'm really hoping he's got that out of his system and will be focused for the Final. You can't drop your keeper at this point. We all just need to cross our fingers for him and hope he doesn't do anything twatish.

He's always been an accident waiting to happen. It's how I described him at the beginning of the tournament. The surprise was he'd seemed to get it all together bang on time for the Euros and put together five decent games for himself. Which he then went and spoiled in the semi-final by reverting to type.

I'm really hoping he's got that out of his system and will be focused for the Final. You can't drop your keeper at this point. We all just need to cross our fingers for him and hope he doesn't do anything twatish.
Yeah, I agree. Dropping him for being flappy would certainly change the 'narrative' around the squad and put massive pressure on whoever replaced him. I just hope his flakiness on backpasses doesn't affect the defenders when they need to pass back to him.

Back
Top Bottom