Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final - Italy v England - Sunday 11/07 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raheem Sterling.

215055291_4442548639091157_7537922177024590087_n.jpg

While I absolutely think England have had it a lot easier than other teams in this tournament in terms of where they've played, everyone seems to be forgetting that at every other tournament at least one team plays all their games at home :confused:

E2A: oh, ok, forgot I'd left this thread open for the past 25 minutes and it seems we've all already got there in the meantime :oops: :D

Several times they've departed competitions earlier
I guess that's the comparison, isn't it? Not "how many times have hosts won?" but "how does a nation's performances compare when they are and aren't hosts?" or maybe "how do their performances when hosts compare with their average performance?" (other factors notwithstanding, of course).

Not really, beaten finalists and beaten semi finalists when they've hosted the world cup. Several times they've departed competitions earlier

Absolutely spanked semi finalists - as if a nuclear weapon had detonated within Brazilian football - total destruction - years to recover

Bit of an exaggeration but the gist is there.

Absolutely spanked semi finalists - as if a nuclear weapon had detonated within Brazilian football - total destruction - years to recover

Bit of an exaggeration but the gist is there.
Well yeah, they had no Thiago or Neymar for that semi, but were beaten by an excellent Belgian team in 2018 and are in the Copa America final tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom