Saka/Gordon ------ Kane ------- Palmer

Foden -- Bellingham
Rice

Shaw/Saka --- Konsa - Stones --- Walker

Pickford
What we'll actually see:

Same again.

Going defensive, I see.
I've got the majority of the best attacking players on the pitch but it's not reckless as long as Foden and Bellingham play as proper midfielders, like De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva do (or even sometimes Foden himself).

Lots of chatter around that Southgate will be picking a team with a back 3, ostensibly because Switzerland play with a fluid front 3 themselves but more likely because something has to change otherwise we're going out.

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Konsa
TAA ------- Mainoo - Rice ------- Saka
Bellingham --- Foden
Kane
So Trippier being made the fall guy, swapped for TAA (plus Konsa for Guehi as an enforced straight swap). Ironically, it's a tactical switch we could have made anyway with Trippier on his preferred side but 4 mediocre games have passed before even trying it.

If we don't start well, watch as we make the first proactive change of the tournament - 20 mins in, back to what we already know doesn't work only this time with Walker at left back.

So the fella wants to watch the game in the same bar we went to last weekend because 'we won in there' but I'm ridiculous for wearing the same bikini today for the same reason :rolleyes:
Don't you dare back down. We won because you were in that bar, because you were in that bikini, because I had a chippy tea. Same routines, people - otherwise how can we possibly win?

Don't you dare back down. We won because you were in that bar, because you were in that bikini, because I had a chippy tea. Same routines, people - otherwise how can we possibly win?
Obviously <3 ritual is everything, don't you worry about that.

So why is Shaw in the squad? Why didn't he take a left back fit enough to actually play?

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

Lots of chatter around that Southgate will be picking a team with a back 3, ostensibly because Switzerland play with a fluid front 3 themselves but more likely because something has to change otherwise we're going out.

Pickford
Walker - Stones - Konsa
TAA ------- Mainoo - Rice ------- Saka
Bellingham --- Foden
Kane
So Trippier being made the fall guy, swapped for TAA (plus Konsa for Guehi as an enforced straight swap). Ironically, it's a tactical switch we could have made anyway with Trippier on his preferred side but 4 mediocre games have passed before even trying it.

If we don't start well, watch as we make the first proactive change of the tournament - 20 mins in, back to what we already know doesn't work only this time with Walker at left back.

Trippier in instead of TAA.
None of them are getting past the Rock of Akanji (I hope, though if Foden scores three and Switzerland still win 4-3 I'll be okay)

Hahaha, Theo Walcott basically just said that "this is the game where it clicks."

"we're a collection of individuals and we need to be a team. And we'll do that today".

Im stocked up on alcohol free beer and ready for joy/disappointment in my 5 quid Aldi England tournament t-shirt :thumbs:

Tbh I'm quietly optimistic but we shall see

Hahaha, Theo Walcott basically just said that "this is the game where it clicks."

"we're a collection of individuals and we need to be a team. And we'll do that today".
Funnily enough, his inclusion in the 2006 squad was my first thought in response to the Shaw question.

Funnily enough, his inclusion in the 2006 squad was my first thought in response to the Shaw question.
Even if he gets fit again what are you going to do? Just drop him straight into a Euro semi? No match fitness, back from an injury? Madness. No idea why he didn't bring any other left back. Just bizarre.

When he's fit Shaw is a cracking player. Never dribbles but always makes the right decision. With him in there just about any system works loads better.

Must admit my view of him is coloured by Mourhino bullying him the twat. Love to see him do well after that.

When he's fit Shaw is a cracking player. Never dribbles but always makes the right decision. With him in there just about any system works loads better.

Must admit my view of him is coloured by Mourhino bullying him the twat. Love to see him do well after that.
Also, who couldn't warm to a player that had 'lucky sandals' at the last Euros. Bless.

This could be fun. I will be knackered, up at the in laws and they don't watch football.
Think I will have to listen to it or watch it on my phone.

Predictions anyone?
I’m going to optimistically predict that England will play better in response to meeting better opponents. 3-1 England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

He hasn't been fit since February. And he played 12 games in the PL this season. He'd have to be Maldini.

Back
Top Bottom