Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2022

Well I think I was the real winner by going for a pleasant country walk rather than watching another dismal performance.

Not at all. You missed some high quality test batsmanship. Unfortunately it was provided by a pair of Kiwis.

Yup - the amount of time the ball is on the wicket, the amount of slope on the wicket (no more than an inch) means all the talk about the slope is bollocks. Run ups may be a little off centre, but the slope is from the wicket down to the Mound Stand. If you're looking for an edge, you don't want the ball moving a lot off the seam, just enough to get an edge.

If the strips went the other way there might be a very small advantage for fast bowlers coming down the slope but as it is, it's nonsense.

Parkinson was indeed very slow. It was like going back to the 80s watching him. Quite painful. He needs some proper coaching and perhaps some time in T20 to learn some variation.

Don't know why Stokes even bowled him, they were picking him off at will.

I think Parkinson bowled some proper crap today. The deck didn't help him but he looked very ordinary.
After watching the highlights, they showed his ball distribution and he was indeed all over the place. No turn, so being a bit harsh, he was just a slow bowler with no control. eek.

Looks like Mitchell was a bit lucky at times. Blundell wasn't. Just played brilliantly. If I were a NZ fan, I'd still want more runs tomorrow. Get through to the old ball and there are runs to make - and NZ also lack an out and out quick for the old ball, plus they've left out Wagner.

And just to complete the list for England's top 7, Foakes' dismissal was feeble. Catching practice. Makes a complete set - all seven dismissals were a bit soft.

Latest from the Met Office…

View attachment 325430

Looks like a delayed start is possible. Then a murky start, ideal for a quick couple of wickets. Then Broad and Anderson can tuck in with the new ball wrapping up the NZ innings in time for lunch. The day brightens as England come out to bat and all is well. That or I need some medication.

Stage 1 complete.

Next: Murky start for some quick wickets

Thought there might be some decent odds to be had but PP has England at a pretty miserly 11/4.

Might have a tenner on the draw at 10/1 though.

First time I've watched Parkinson. Not impressed. That wicket wasn't a cleverly flighted tempter, it was a slow half volley.

Less than 2 years ago England successfully chased this exact score against Pakistan. Only 5 of those players are playing today (and, surprise, A & B were two of them).

First time I've watched Parkinson. Not impressed. That wicket wasn't a cleverly flighted tempter, it was a slow half volley.
I watched him (on telly) bowl an impressive spell at Lord's last year in the Bob final. Very slow, but good turn and decent control. He does get the revs to do things in helpful conditions, but he's rather been shown up as incapable of playing the holding role when it's not turning.

Wow, where is Lees standing? You can see leg stump.

He's asking to get out LBW or caught down the leg side.

Back
Top Bottom