Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With such a crippling degree of paranoia on the part of the staff, it's a wonder how that store actually makes any money!
If a Black person were unfortunate enough to stop at a shop anywhere in the county I come from to ask for anything, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were ignored by the staff. I can only ever remember seeing a Black person in a restaurant there maybe twice in my life. Once when I was about 1970 and the second time was about 1990. I'm guessing on both occasions the men were lost and stopped for coffee to get directions. There are great swathes of the US where this is the norm.

CySb0BKUAAIH_1s.jpg

If a Black person were unfortunate enough to stop at a shop anywhere in the county I come from to ask for anything, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were ignored by the staff. I can only ever remember seeing a Black person in a restaurant there maybe twice in my life. Once when I was about 1970 and the second time was about 1990. I'm guessing on both occasions the men were lost and stopped for coffee to get directions. There are great swathes of the US where this is the norm.
That's as maybe, some places don't have a black population, but why the paranoia? Isn't it flat out racism? And who's responsible for that?

Castro's sister compares Trump and Castro; but says that Trump is a stupider version.

Ms. Castro grew most animated discussing the recent presidential election, when after speaking calmly for over an hour, she practically spit out insults at President-elect Donald J. Trump.

“Repugnant” and “detestable,” she called him, as she ran through a litany of reasons she believes no Cuban should have voted for him. She seemed genuinely angry, particularly when she remembered his comments about grabbing women “by their parts.”

A supporter of President Obama and his policies toward Cuba, she sees parallels in her brother and Mr. Trump.

“The only difference is that he may have millions, but the other had a brain,” Ms. Castro said of Mr. Trump and Mr. Castro. Unfortunately, she said her brother had not used his intelligence for the good of Cuba.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/world/americas/juanita-castro-sister-fidel-cuba.html

Not only does he *know* that *millions* voted illegally, he *knows* how they voted.
Right.

His basis for this is that "1.8 million people dead people are registered to vote."

I'm not surprised by that number and its kinda worthless as a statistic. When someone dies you don't call up the election commission to report the death. It's up to them to figure out who has died and remove them. Sometimes that's a slow process.

The number I want to see is how many dead people are supposed to have voted.

It’s not about Russia’s hacking. It’s not about playing games with the software. It’s about machines that were miscalibrated. It’s about the fact that we have about a half million absentee ballots in America which is thrown out for highly technical and questionable reasons. It’s 2.7 million so-called provisional ballots when, especially African-Americans, go in and their name is missing from the voter rolls and their given a provisional ballot which is then thrown in the dumpster. It’s about ballots that are supposedly blank but in fact have a mark on them and need to be reviewed. It’s about machines that are off by one-hundredth of an inch and don’t read a mark on a ballot. It’s about ninety-percent turnouts in rural Trump areas which is just astonishing and unreal. It’s about blank ballots which may not be blank. You have to look at…..this is a technical process, forget the hacking stuff, forget the conspiracy stuff, forget Russians, this recount...this review of the ballots and decisions about which ballots are being thrown out and disqualified by the tens of thousands swamps Trump’s plurality in several states....
Stein looking beyond Russian hacking in Recount...

That's as maybe, some places don't have a black population, but why the paranoia? Isn't it flat out racism? And who's responsible for that?

yes, and it's the same paranoia that helped justify keeping Jim Crow laws in place for so long. So, yeah, very frightening stuff going on.

Donald Trump is either a genius at deflecting from the issues, or in the middle of a twitter spat between a CNN journalist and a 16yo boy, just admitted that the POETUS doesn't get the concept "Burden of Proof".

Trump tweeting even more today about just how shamefully fraudulent the election that he won was.

I guess America owes him a debt of gratitude for pointing it out - since there's obviously no way that an illegitimate election can produce a legitimate president, he must be planning to step aside until the process is fixed. Perhaps Obama could be persuaded to stay on as caretaker president until new elections can be held, if they can come up with some kind of accelerated schedule, they may be able to hold the new Republican and Democratic primaries sometime early next year.

The new pres doesn't like freedom of speech.
President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday threatened loss of citizenship or jail for those who burn the American flag, saying such protests — which the Supreme Court has declared to be free speech — should carry “consequences.”....Flag burning was ruled to be constitutionally protected speech under the First Amendment in a 1990 Supreme Court case...Moreover, a 1958 Supreme Court decision rejected the practice of stripping U.S. citizenship as a form of criminal punishment.
Trump suggests loss of citizenship or jail for those who burn U.S. flags

Senator Clinton and Liberals Split Over Flag Desecration

WASHINGTON, June 27 — Perhaps even more than her stance on the war in Iraq, it is Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's position on flag desecration that has drawn the scorn of the liberal Democratic base.

When Mrs. Clinton took a stand on the matter last year — co-sponsoring legislation that would have criminalized the desecration of the American flag
even as she opposed a constitutional amendment that sought to achieve the same end — she was pilloried from the left. Editorial boards criticized her for political maneuvering, the political commentator Arianna Huffington attacked her for "stars, stripes and triangulation" and even some of her supporters quietly wondered why she had gone out on a limb on such a controversial issue.

The Clintons’ Dominance of Democratic Politics Is Over—And They Will Not Be Remembered Fondly

A post-election report by the pollster Stanley Greenberg confirms that Clinton's decision to shun a progressive economic appeal was a fatal error. Greenberg found that “polls showed fairly resilient support with white working class women, until the Clinton campaign stopped talking about economic change.” When the Greenberg team tested a Democratic message attacking Trump for his character vs. a message “demanding big economic changes” and attacking Trump for “supporting for trickle-down and protecting corporate special interests,” they found that the economic message “performed dramatically better,” particularly among key voter groups like millennials, white unmarried women and white working class women.

Trump tweeting even more today about just how shamefully fraudulent the election that he won was.

I guess America owes him a debt of gratitude for pointing it out - since there's obviously no way that an illegitimate election can produce a legitimate president, he must be planning to step aside until the process is fixed. Perhaps Obama could be persuaded to stay on as caretaker president until new elections can be held, if they can come up with some kind of accelerated schedule, they may be able to hold the new Republican and Democratic primaries sometime early next year.
It would be nice to think so, but I think that overestimates his honesty and intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom