Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

hmm seems to be just batshite crazy enough for the fella

laura-loomer-trump-are-doubling-down-on-the-racist-smears-v0-p4llsdz6egod1.jpg

The cat-eating claim Trump and Vance amplified was fact-checked about as well as you'd expect from them

NewsGuard identified and tracked down the two people central to the claim: Erika Lee, the Springfield resident who wrote the original Facebook post, and Kimberly Newton, the neighbor who had provided her with a third-hand account of the rumor, making Lee’s social media post a fourth-hand account: the alleged acquaintance/cat owner; Newton’s friend; Newton; and Lee, who posted it on Facebook.

“I’m not sure I’m the most credible source because I don’t actually know the person who lost the cat,” Newton said about the rumor she had passed on to her neighbor, Lee, the Facebook poster. Newton explained to NewsGuard that the cat owner was “an acquaintance of a friend” and that she heard about the supposed incident from that friend, who, in turn, learned about it from “a source that she had.” Newton added: “I don’t have any proof.”

I like the infographic:

1726237159452.png

what a crazy timeline, as the youngsters would say

"Laura Loomer, a Social-Media Instigator, Is Back at Trump’s Side
The former president’s decision to elevate Laura Loomer, a far-right activist known for racist and homophobic posts online, has stunned even some Trump allies."
via NY Times

Reactions: Ax^
Coward!!!

Former U.S. President Donald Trump announced Thursday that there would not be a third presidential debate.

“KAMALA SHOULD FOCUS ON WHAT SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE DURING THE LAST ALMOST FOUR YEAR PERIOD. THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!” Trump posted on Truth Social.
Whos the pussy now?

I thought this was pretty good about leftists who end up going to trump and adopting some/many far right views. I feel pretty horrible about some stuff I believed for a bit and this helped me put things in perspective too.
Years ago, I was doing an A'Level in politics at a local college.

A'Level = Advanced Level, which was next step up from O'Level = Ordinary Level, which was roughly same level as US high school diploma.

Anyway, the teacher had a special interest in US politics, so we followed the syllabus for UK and US politics (not just UK).

One time, she set us some homework to watch a documentary on television about US politics.

This was back in the day before internet/video on demand, etc. And because I'd planned to watch it live, I hadn't arranged to video record it (not sure if I even had a video recorder at home at the time).

Unfortunately, I missed the start, missed the first 10 minutes or so, but watch all of it in a slight state of confusion. Because due to missing the start, I'd missed the bit where they put some of the interviewee's names, job titles, [political party/think tank/whatever] on screen. I was really into UK politics and could've recognised most British politicians and political commentators, but because they were American, I wasn't sure who many of them were.

During the next lesson, teacher asked for our thoughts on the programme, and I explained something along the lines that I wasn't sure whether some of the interviewees were left wing or right wing, because they'd start off saying something that seemed left (or right) wing, but then as they carried on talking it would seem that they'd gone so far left that they'd come out the other side as far right (or vice versa).

To me, it seemed as though it wasn't so much a political spectrum with polar opposites, left on one side and right at the other, it was more like a circle.

Thinking back now, I feel like it was happenstance, because if I'd watched from the beginning and new who they were, I would've anchored their comments to either the left or the right of the political spectrum and reflected on them in that context.

I suppose that political compass, which has left and right axes, and also libertarian? and authoritian? axes is more accurate than left-right/x-y, but still doesn't capture that backflip nature of some people's politics shifting from (usually) left to far left to far right, although the opposite does sometimes happen, albeit seemingly more rarely.

Whos the pussy now?
Trump's neck.

🤢🤮

I'm not American no but I spent a lot of time in online circles with people who did this and also had an American friend IRL who went first into anti trans conspiracies and then went full MAGA.

Trump's neck.

🤢🤮

Oh fucking cheers Ann, just gotta go an gouge out my eyes now!

Trump's neck.

🤢🤮

With a bit of luck he'll grab his own pussy and strangle himself. :)

Coward!!!

Former U.S. President Donald Trump announced Thursday that there would not be a third presidential debate.

“KAMALA SHOULD FOCUS ON WHAT SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE DURING THE LAST ALMOST FOUR YEAR PERIOD. THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!” Trump posted on Truth Social.
He pussied out of it when he heard it was going to be held in Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom