Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

Was that for me xenon ?

I'm pretty sure I don't know the difference without looking it up.
But I don't think I used either word. My thinking about it is pretty garbled, and it's likely wrong anyway. But it seems plausible to me that someone somewhere is using whatever they can to direct Trumps' nonsense in ways that suit their agenda.

The racism is so much more brazen than it was.

not so much at you more than the sort of critique of Trump's fallacious, nonsensical outbursts. Getting bogged down in showing the inconsistancies and outright falsehood of his team's claims misses the point that it doesn't matter that they're not true. Even the woman towards the end of that clip said as much.

What they're capitilising on is the general feeling of unease a large part of the constitutency feel. The understandable disorientation of living in a late stage Capitlist world, misdirecting that unease, even anger, dispating and confusing it. The dems, but not just them, the problem for centerist minded parties everywhere, is that they don't have any real alternative to offer, no coherant strong message to attract people away from the finger wagging, look it's their fault you have pppor housing, job insecurity, stagnating wages even as GDP increases, types.

Yeah, I added the vid with Glenn Kirschner as he's a former federal prosecutor and knows what he's on about...
The other bit at the end of (I think) his piece was that Trump can't really dispute the evidence because it would mean parading up to 70 republicans into the witness box to testify against him. So all he can do is accept it all and try to argue the toss (that it's covered with presidential immunity for example, even though it isn't) in court after that :)

Back
Top Bottom