Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

The start of this is interesting

but archive.md keeps timing out - is it down? Is there an alternative?

eta: got it :)

Make America Great Again.” “Build the wall.” “Lock her up.” And later, “Drain the swamp,” which Trump conceded on the stump that he’d initially hated. No matter: Crowds loved it, which was good enough for Trump to decide that he did, too.
One peculiarity of Trump’s 2024 campaign is the absence of any similar mantra.

Fear the Shark? Smell My Farts? Storm the Capitol? Save My Ass? Verb the Noun?

Harry Litman, a former federal prosecutor and Democrat Party supporter, said that Cannon's ruling on a potential Trump gag order could lead to an appeal. He said that the 11th Circuit Appeals Court, which covers Florida, would like to remove Cannon from the case and appoint a new judge.

However, he told CNN's Jim Acosta on Thursday that removal would lead to further delays in the case.
Fucking do it.

but

The Supreme Court released a slew of new rulings on Friday morning, but, once again, none of them included the decision weighing heaviest on Americans’ minds—whether Donald Trump should be granted king-like immunity for his criminal indictments.

Friday marks 114 days since the case was accepted by the high court—an inexcusable amount of time to rule on something so consequential to the country, a top legal expert tells The Daily Beast.

Laurence Tribe, a constitutional law professor at Harvard University, said Friday it’s clear that the Supreme Court, which has operated with a comfortable conservative majority since Trump’s presidency, is doing the ex-president’s bidding.

With each day that passes without a decision, the chances of a Trump trial before the 2024 election grow slimmer.

“They’re obviously delaying to benefit Donald Trump,” he said.

• Angry
Reactions: Ax^
and here's a message I think we can all get behind :thumbs:

Biden settles on a message against Trump: He’s even worse than before
The president and his allies argue that Trump “snapped” and has become more self-obsessed, more dangerous and more extreme since his 2020 loss.
“When he lost in 2020, something snapped in him,” Biden said, a bumper sticker slogan he has been repeating ever since.

“When he lost in 2020, something snapped in him"

I'd say the first part is more important. his cult have built their sense of self around identifying with the big boss man who is tough and a winner. the lunatic lengths he and they reached ro "prove" he won in both 2016 and 2020 are an expression of that. hit on his failures and you chip away at his base. they won't vote biden but they might not vote trump.

This bloke's apparently had three separate death threats, including this one since he put a Biden sign up in his yard...Apparently he reported the threats to the local Sheriff, who's also a massive Trumpanzee and no action has been taken.
View attachment 430236
Have seen mentions of "camps" for a while. It's disturbing, but a kind of inevitable threat from extremists.

They have enraged Trump.

A furious Trump raged at Fox News on Truth Social, writing in part: “The latest Fox News poll is TRASH! They used a biased, Democrat-leaning sample of voters, polling more Biden 2020 voters than Trump 2020 voters to skew the results in favor of Crooked Joe. I am leading BIG in virtually every other poll, including in all of the key battleground states.”

:D

He is completely taking the piss here. This is a conviction for something that happened before he became president.
It's standard legal wrangling. Sure he did heaps of shit before he became pres, but the conviction included evidence (e.g. sign off of 2015 accounts in 2016/17) which would be covered by presidential immunity - as long as he signed them off in his capacity as President rather than a private citizen and CEO. I suspect the argument will be that others covered the final details and he just put pen to paper because he was busy presidenting, hence everything business related is covered.

You know and I know that Trump is taking the piss (and the Supreme Court just as much) but in strictest legal terms he does now have a case.

Back
Top Bottom