Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Domestic and European Rugby

Two for one today on the rugby values front

Stuart Hogg has had a few brushes with the law since retiring (a wreck of a personal life, a lot of rumours about his extra curricular activities) and is basically at the “she’s turned the weeans against us” stage now. Probably lost his media contract too

Considering neither had much to play for that was a damn fine match. Slade was something else in the first half.
We looked good, but let’s not forget Gloucester are in 9th in the league and focussing on their European semi next week.

So this weekend it’s Leinster v Toulouse in the champions cup final - these are historically the two best club teams in Europe and are going for a fifth and a sixth win respectively. It ought to be a cracker and will be live on ITV.

I will be at the match and the bobbins more lightly regarded challenge cup final on the Friday night.

Oh and very excitingly today I have purchased some extremely expensive tickets to watch the British and Irish Lions play against in Argentina in Dublin in June 2025, ahead of their tour to Australia.

I doubt I’ll ever go on a lions tour as they’re down under and last a few weeks. This is more manageable. Going with some mates who I went to the World Cup with last year.

So this weekend it’s Leinster v Toulouse in the champions cup final - these are historically the two best club teams in Europe and are going for a fifth and a sixth win respectively. It ought to be a cracker and will be live on ITV.

I will be at the match and the bobbins more lightly regarded challenge cup final on the Friday night.
I'll have to watch it on catch-up on Sunday, as it clashes with the round ball Cup Final.

Not sure if the Micky mouse challenge cup (basically all the rubbish teams have their own European tournament) was on tv, but it was not much of a match.

Tomorrow should be better, kick off is 1445

Almost thirty years since this try, when France went to New Zealand and won 2-0 (including the last All black defeat at Eden Park). This is a French team who had just lost to Canada

I love the final slightly unnecessary pass.

Still for me the best ever, some bloke called Jonah Lomu gets exposed defensively. What happened to him?

Nice, I got a free one to the Quins v Leicester one in 2012, quite a lot of drinking that day, one of our party was sick in a bin :facepalm:

Hopefully I’ll be at another one next year if chiefs make it :)

My BiL is well pissed off. Hes a season ticket holder at Bath & when he tried to get tickets when they were released theyd sold out. Apparently they didnt think it necessarry to keep some back for seadon ticket holders.

A lot of people seem to buy tickets on spec earlier in the season (well probably not Newcastle fans) and then sell them on to fans of other clubs if they don’t fancy the match themselves or their team doesn’t make it

This is two big rugby towns who haven’t been in a final for ages so it’s sold out for the first time in some years

I literally got a phone call from one of Ted's rugby mates dad's at 10.30 this morning saying someone had dropped out last minute so did he want to come. He's a lucky guy. He loves his rugby (as I've mentioned once or twice 😂) so he'll have a great day

A lot of people seem to buy tickets on spec earlier in the season (well probably not Newcastle fans) and then sell them on to fans of other clubs if they don’t fancy the match themselves or their team doesn’t make it

This is two big rugby towns who haven’t been in a final for ages so it’s sold out for the first time in some years
True, but there must only be around 25,000 season ticket holders between them & Twickers holds 80,000.

I think Twickenham have a lot of deals with non league club systems too that offer discounted tickets to keep younger players involved in the game.

Mind you, they don't look like cheap seats to me, although the dad taking them is a rugby coach and our team is affiliated with Harlequins, so maybe he's got contacts.

Bath ferocious in defence, also dominating the breakdown and set piece. But attacking wise they’re feeding off scraps I think

Back
Top Bottom