Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Domestic and European Rugby

Number one is desperately needed

There may also be some more competition based rule variation trials, all likely to mean a quicker game

Wow, that was a bit of a thrashing. It's scary that Theo Dan is only second choice for club and country, and Ben Earl looks like he can do anything.

Sale v Exeter today on ITV

Am a bit annoyed as not only am I a few miles from the Sale ground today, it’s also on TV! But I will miss most of the game as doing something else that’s already booked and paid for!

that was a :) that you're doing something :( that you can't see the game :) that it's on itv

I can't see the Six Nations games anywhere I presume that means it's on the mysterious red button where they don't tell you what's on at all at all.

Also on is womens' league cup final, plus mixed doubles snooker not that anyone on this thread will necessarily be interested.

It’s a lot. I find after the mens 6N I have a backlog of jobs / stuff I need to do plus mens club rugby starts again so can’t commit usually commit the time to womens 6N. I have access to all the club women’s matches via my season ticket too.

Nevertheless I always knew I’d miss seeing the game live; and don’t mind that per se it’s just annoying it’s also on TV!

Can watch it at leisure during the week though, and then not tied to itv's watch-it-at-the-time-and-tough-shit-if-you-look-away-for-a-moment nonsense :)

“Russell group uni derby” today for me as Exeter Chiefs host Bath in the European last 16. Suspect Bath will win though it’s incredibly windy even for Devon today which will make it a gritty game which Chiefs tend to like:

A game on ITV tomorrow lunchtime - Northampton v Munster - reckon this will be a cracker.

Disappointing weekend with loses for both Glasgow & Bath.

Fuck the Quins but well played Exeter. It did look well windy.

well played Exeter. It did look well windy.
It was atrocious, a lot of kicks went backwards. And it’s always windy at Sandy park. Bath didn’t adapt and also lost a few players so maybe fucked their season too.

On balance I would have preferred to beat Bath in the league in 2 wks time though

It was atrocious, a lot of kicks went backwards. And it’s always windy at Sandy park. Bath didn’t adapt and also lost a few players so maybe fucked their season too.

On balance I would have preferred to beat Bath in the league in 2 wks time though
Yeah. Finn going off wasnt great. Ive played in weather like that. It isnt fun.

Some of the conversions were interesting.

Autumn internationals will no longer be on Amazon prime - they’ll be on TNT (ex BT sport)

Not a great move I think as a lot of people could watch for free via a free prime trial, or have prime anyway, or like me even if I had to pay a tenner for the games got the benefits of prime for a month just before Christmas.

I have TNT for the domestic rugby so I am ok, but it doesn’t reach beyond the base. And think it’s about £30 / month to add so quite a bit more (though you’d spend more watching matches in the pub)

Expect streaming sites to do well. I don’t tend to use them myself for rugby anyway the rugby union subreddit usually has links in the match threads

Plans for a rugby club World Cup from 2028 - best 8 from Europe / SA and best 6 from super rugby with 2 invited club teams probably from Japan (cos £s)

To take place every four years the year following the World Cup replacing the existing champions cup (with a format that they can’t resist fucking with every season to the annoyance of fans) for that year only.

More evidence the people who run rugby have no clue what they’re up to.

Toulouse playing Exeter on sunday 3pm on ITV. European quarter finals. I don’t hold up much hope but the team named is a strong one, so who knows

A couple of shocks already - Quins winning away at Bordeaux, Leinster looked phenomenal beating La Rochelle and Northampton ahead comfortably against the Pretoria Bulls

So far 2 English, one Irish team in semis

Last edited:
Toulouse looking too good.

Guess I don’t need to buy a semi final ticket (if Exeter win the semi will be in Bristol for reasons)

Back
Top Bottom