Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

upload_2018-3-19_20-57-41.png
Put warnings on egg boxes, says Chris Packham

He added that he did not blame farmers for poor animal welfare because it was being driven by demand for cheap food and ignorance about its origins. He criticised the “curious moral divide” in attitudes to animal welfare at zoos and farms. “What’s the difference between a cow and a zebra?” he said. “You couldn't keep a zebra in those conditions because you’d be shut down within a week.”

New vegan burgers. I'd quite like to try one. Although I think burgers that rare are a bit weird.

01_Our-Burger_Hero-mob.jpg

images

Impossible Foods

Bloody impossible burger is wheat based. It's the Beyond Burger I'm desperate to try - a supposedly really meaty burger based on pea protein. Some other interesting pea protein stuff in New Zealand. None of these new interesting plant meats seem to make it here though, probably because quorn has block booked all supermarket freezers.

Having not tasted meat or poultry for 37 years, realistic burgers do not appeal.
To be fair, I probably only ever ate burgers a handful of times in the previous 21 years.
I was in Tesco earlier looking for Cauldron sausages and I knew to ignore the Linda McCartney option (I had her sausage rolls only the one time) and I noticed Tesco now do a "meat-style veggie burger" ...

What kind of burger does the long-term non meater go for?
I find a lot of veggie ones feel like you're eating carbs in a bun. Which is cool, but not really the burger thing for me.
The most successful "savouries" I eat are "Mexican style burgers", Cauldron sausages and falafels, and a local producer's nut cutlets.

But I'm not sure quite what the "vegetable quarter pounders" are supposed to be about - even though I eat them - with even more mashed potato and peas ...
I confess I'm a carbaholic o:

Mostly my meals don't have a focus - in the summer I stir-fry veggies, in the winter I stew them.

Seems like you angry vegans are even turning people against going vegan in India.
The myth of the Indian vegetarian nation
What are the most common myths and stereotypes about what Indians eat? The biggest myth, of course, is that India is a largely vegetarian country.
...Taking all this into account, say the researchers, only about 20% of Indians are actually vegetarian - much lower than common claims and stereotypes suggest.
I found this bit particularly interesting
The government data shows that vegetarian households have higher income and consumption - are more affluent than meat-eating households.

Pictures took me back mind. I loved the veggie thali served on a leaf in South India. Sad but not suprised to see they all had plastic bottles of water though.

I'm surprised that none of the forum antis has jumped all over this one yet...

"Plz don't be an opportunistic political point scorer by using this tragedy to attack a movement for compassion."

I'm surprised that none of the forum antis has jumped all over this one yet...

"Plz don't be an opportunistic political point scorer by using this tragedy to attack a movement for compassion."

Proof, if it were needed, that vegans are dangerous and angry. Fortunately we don’t allow armed vegans to walk the streets in the UK which has contributed to the lack of vegunnery here and forced angry Brit vegans to rely on rhubarb clubs an tofupults.

Back
Top Bottom