Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

I think prices will rise in the US too, but we'll see as the process grinds on. You may be right, but farmers may stop growing it as profits dip.

I'm surprised that none of the forum antis has jumped all over this one yet...

"Plz don't be an opportunistic political point scorer by using this tragedy to attack a movement for compassion."

It’s kinda fantastic that you’ve managed to use this as an opportunity to score points against non vegans on the basis that you’re surprised they haven’t yet point scored :D

That is full on dark arts mastery, dude :D

upload_2018-4-4_16-14-23.png

Over 3 million UK residents now identify as vegan

Veganism has skyrocketed in recent years, with more people than ever before choosing to enjoy a plant-based life.

However, this is not simply a case of a few evangelical legume-lovers ordering chickpea sandwiches in Pret A Manger, according to a new survey by comparethemarket.com, there has been a significant spike in the number of people going vegan in the UK since 2016, with more than 3.5 million Brits now identifying as such.

Fortunately we don’t allow armed vegans to walk the streets in the UK which has contributed to the lack of vegunnery here and forced angry Brit vegans to rely on rhubarb clubs an tofupults.

They're still allowed knives, though. So best lock your cat inside if they're in the area.

View attachment 131866

Veganism has skyrocketed in recent years, with more people than ever before choosing to enjoy a plant-based life.

However, this is not simply a case of a few evangelical legume-lovers ordering chickpea sandwiches in Pret A Manger, according to a new survey by comparethemarket.com, there has been a significant spike in the number of people going vegan in the UK since 2016, with more than 3.5 million Brits now identifying as such.

More people now ask for vegan garlic bread than the buttered one in my cafe (which isn't really a typical veggie cafe with a very broad demograph of customers) and my vegan chocolate cake sells out loads quicker than my other cakes (admittedly, the vegan cake is gorgeous and a lot of kids don't see further than the chocolate :))

^ ...well hopefully he's on his way. It can often take a while for peoples behaviours to eventually match their beliefs. It's a bit like how people can know that smoking and drinking alcohol is stupid but still do it anyway because of habit/addiction/social pressures etc. Otherwise intelligent people end up doing really stupid things like drink driving. I think he is aware of the vegan position and if he's strong enough he'll take the next logical step. He did choose "vegan wings" in his appearance on Hot Ones so may well be almost there already...

Vegan marg

That's pretty much regular marg with a couple of trace substances removed isn't it?
Have you ever tried a vegan butter (I've no idea whether such a thing would work in garlic bread but marg doesn't feel right somehow)?

That's pretty much regular marg with a couple of trace substances removed isn't it?
Have you ever tried a vegan butter (I've no idea whether such a thing would work in garlic bread but marg doesn't feel right somehow)?

The marg isn't great tbh, but it works (along with lots of garlic and herbs). I am on the hunt for a decent butter substitute though.

View attachment 131866

On 1st April (Easter Sunday, not April Fool! ;) , The Observer had a similar article by Dan Hancox, which was massively more detailed ..... pretty interesting though, I found.

The unstoppable rise of veganism : how a fringe movement went mainstream

I made a delishious vegan chocolate cake but somehow it cost £30

I made a delicious non-vegan chocolate cake (4 eggs in the sponge, butter in the fudge icing), it cost about £5.

What were the most expensive ingredients in the vegan one?

The marg isn't great tbh, but it works (along with lots of garlic and herbs). I am on the hunt for a decent butter substitute though.

I haven't seen a commercial brand yet that doesn't use palm oil, so I don't buy them. Occasionally if I want something butter-like I use a bit of coconut oil.

There are some good-looking vegan butter recipes on youtube though, e.g. this one:

Back
Top Bottom