Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

I hope btw nobody mixes Paolo up with that other deranged vegan . Who lives in Spain . Just because Paolo Sanchez sounds a bit Spanish as a username . That'd be like saying because hitler was a vegan some vegans admire hitler .

This can't be the same story. That outfit in Suffolk boiled alive up to 81 chickens. Your original post on this implied that, for nine months, this slaughterhouse boiled alive all the chickens that came through because it was cheaper than fixing the throat-cutting machine. The story is quite horrible enough without it being distorted beyond recognition, but the worst thing is that distortion of the facts means that the message about animal welfare is so easy to dismiss.

Chickens were being boiled at the premises for 9 months. I should imagine if you had chicken from a supermarket in that area during that time, the chicken would have been boiled alive.

I guess, 81 chickens is what they said in court...

Whatever your belief is, we are all agreed that chickens were boiled alive.

Chickens were being boiled at the premises for 9 months. I should imagine if you had chicken from a supermarket in that area during that time, the chicken would have been boiled alive.

I guess, 81 chickens is what they said in court...

Whatever your belief is, we are all agreed that chickens were boiled alive.
If you're trying to show that all meat-eating is unethical, you need to point not to worst practices but to best ones. Otherwise, all you do is produce broad agreement that bad farming practices are bad.

In this regard, Jeff Robinson is on stronger ground, as he does this - he attacks the practices that take place in farms labelled free-range and organic.

So, here, for example, is a dairy and beef farm where calves are left with their mothers for several months (dairy cows have been selectively bred to produce more milk than they need to, so there's still plenty left over to be milked). They live good open lives until the day when they are slaughtered, which they all are still - this is a working farm.

Seems to me pretty much the best practice a meat farm can employ.

Have you any idea why your mate paolo Sanchez went un characteristically silent all of a sudden ? He could talk the back legs off a donkey . A handier skill for a Portugese abattoir worker than a vegan I admit but still. His lengthy eloquence seems to have evaporated .

Is anything wrong ?
Grow the fuck up

Maybe they went to do something else, maybe they're tired of your shite etc etc

If you're trying to show that all meat-eating is unethical, you need to point not to worst practices but to best ones. Otherwise, all you do is produce broad agreement that bad farming practices are bad.

In this regard, Jeff Robinson is on stronger ground, as he does this - he attacks the practices that take place in farms labelled free-range and organic.

So, here, for example, is a dairy and beef farm where calves are left with their mothers for several months (dairy cows have been selectively bred to produce more milk than they need to, so there's still plenty left over to be milked). They live good open lives until the day when they are slaughtered, which they all are still - this is a working farm.

Seems to me pretty much the best practice a meat farm can employ.

Some vegans do this. But I can't support unnecessary taking of a life.

I wonder how many "angry vegans" people have actually met or know. I've certainly met a couple who drone on far too much about their choice of diet - one often wears clothes emblazoned with the word VEGAN just in case anyone hasn't heard him, but in reality 99% of the vegans I've met/known never even mention it. Compare that with the much, much higher percentage of meat eaters who feel strangely compelled to start shoving in their oar when they overhear me ordering veggie food.
When I was vegan I used to get very frustrated about everyone making judgements about me from what I didn't eat. So maybe I lost my temper a few times...

Well I'm not going to use it . Pretty sure the queen wouldn't approve either . And anyway ddraig wasn't using it right . He got it wrong .

Some vegans do this. But I can't support unnecessary taking of a life.
And that's a consistent position. You're not adding to your argument by pointing at shit farming practices, though, if your position is that all meat farming is shit by definition as it involves killing animals.

But this argument goes in circles really. I have no problem with the kind of farming outlined on that farm's website. More than that, I applaud it. So there's never going to be common ground, sadly.

How did I get it wrong??

I use it for gender neutral reasons too
They/them rather than she/he

You were supposed to indicate beforehand you were referring to one person as opposed to multiple persons . That's the etiquette and precedence cited clearly in the example . You failed to observe it . Ergo..you got it wrong .

You were supposed to indicate beforehand you were referring to one person as opposed to multiple persons . That's the etiquette and precedence cited clearly in the example . You failed to observe it . Ergo..you got it wrong .
Not sure you've really got to grips with this pedantry thing

Back
Top Bottom