Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

Doing a j'accuse on veggies because of Hitler is like saying, Gengiz Khan rode a horse so all horse riders are murderous tyrants. Pol Pot enjoyed curries, the emperor Tiberius drank wine!

Not if veganism is a lifestyle actively promoted by both hitler and even some nazis today . Not if they want to make it compulsory for normal people too . And not if they're equating the frozen food section in Lidl to Auschwitz , and saying " carnists " should be killed .

But here's the thing: You don't need to be a vegan to be angry at examples of cruelty to animals such as the one in your example, and just because I and others choose to include meat and/or other animal products in our diet does not make us personally responsible for all the (undoubted) sins of the food industry.

The sort of 'Vegan Anger' that leads people to label others "carnists" is more comical than anything, IMO, so thanks again for starting this thread and inadvertantly giving me a few chuckles at the absurdity of some of the things people have posted :thumbs:
why does it have to be "vegan anger" to label meat eaters carnists?? :confused: as mentioned, it's a good enough descriptor, the fact that some meat eaters don't like being called that is neither here nor there

According to Mr Red, that kind of talk is just vegan propaganda. :rolleyes:

No, vegan propaganda is all those bloody books ..written by vegan activists...you keep demanding everyone reads . And insisting they debunk everything said about vegans . Vegan propaganda is also the stuff hitler , goebbells and various nazi publications said about veganism when they were promoting it . Some of which is hosted on YouTube by full on nutjob nazis .

I'll not be remotely surprised if there's a recipe for tofu chicken burgers in mein kampf

and just because I and others choose to include meat and/or other animal products in our diet does not make us personally responsible for all the (undoubted) sins of the food industry.

Of course not. You are only responsible for the death or suffering of/from the animal/animal product you are consuming. And I hear it's really bad for the environment too...

The carnist thing? <shrugs shoulders>

No, vegan propaganda is all those bloody books ..written by vegan activists...you keep demanding everyone reads . And insisting they debunk everything said about vegans . Vegan propaganda is also the stuff hitler , goebbells and various nazi publications said about veganism when they were promoting it . Some of which is hosted on YouTube by full on nutjob nazis .

I'll not be remotely surprised if there's a recipe for tofu chicken burgers in mein kampf
lol, yeah right, I soooo "demanded". Somehow I doubt that you can even read so it's not something that I would ever suggest to illiterate haters like yourself. Your argument is laughable and ridiculous. but whatever keeps your little brain a chucklin'.

Next you'll be picking on coca-cola drinkers and volkswagen drivers.

Volkswagen: From the Third Reich to emissions scandal - BBC News

They homing in on the "carnist" thing because the have nothing else left in the tank except petty technicalities and "hitler tho".

Is ken okeefe an angry vegan ? Or just talking common sense in a loud voice ?

Sorry for pressing you on this but it's my little brains fault . It can't keep up .

Paulo ?

That's odd . Paolo Sanchez was strutting about the board there delivering beat downs to the carnistas left right and centre..like Jackie chan picking a fight in an OAPs home...thwack..thwack..hiyaaaa...

And now hes suddenly buggered off . Like zebedee . How odd ?

Was it something I said Paolo ?

Last edited:
I saw a video about a slaughterhouse in London. Their chicken throat slitting machine had bust. They decide to boil the chickens alive as the most cost effective way. That lasted for 9 months.

Things like that make some people angry. I just think it's totally unnecessary. Just my take!

Things like that make most people angry. It is totally unnecessary. In fact behaviour like that is generally deemed so awful that the law even forbids it, and punishes it.

I've just tried looking for this story, as you describe it; nine months of boiling chickens instead of cutting their throats, boiling all of the chickens because it was the cheapest option. Do you recall the name of the slaughterhouse?

Paolo come on mate . This sudden coyness strikes me as very out of character . Why are you playing hard to get .

I feel like Alan partridge shouting at Dan here . It's undignified..for both of us .

Things like that make most people angry. It is totally unnecessary. In fact behaviour like that is generally deemed so awful that the law even forbids it, and punishes it.

I've just tried looking for this story, as you describe it; nine months of boiling chickens instead of cutting their throats, boiling all of the chickens because it was the cheapest option. Do you recall the name of the slaughterhouse?

unfortunately it has "halal" baggage ...

halal chickens boiled alive - Google Search

why does it have to be "vegan anger" to label meat eaters carnists?? :confused: as mentioned, it's a good enough descriptor, the fact that some meat eaters don't like being called that is neither here nor there

Have you any idea why your mate paolo Sanchez went un characteristically silent all of a sudden ? He could talk the back legs off a donkey . A handier skill for a Portugese abattoir worker than a vegan I admit but still. His lengthy eloquence seems to have evaporated .

Is anything wrong ?

He might be enjoying the sunshine? :confused:

That'll be handy for additional vitamins .

Eta

It's the sudden timing of his departure has me curious . Because his last post was at 2:51 . And I replied to him at 2:52 . And he seems to have scarpered . I'm just worried I might have upset him or something .

It wasn't in London. My mistake. It was in Suffolk. They were fined, but really is that significant punishment? Perhaps a large sticker on each supermarket chicken they supply saying...this chicken may have been boiled alive to save costs. Maybe some consumers wouldn't care but I'm sure some would.

Hitler may or may not have been a vegetarian, but he most certainly ate sugar. In fact I hear he was a bit of a sweet tooth.

unfortunately it has "halal" baggage ...

halal chickens boiled alive - Google Search

It wasn't in London. My mistake. It was in Suffolk. They were fined, but really is that significant punishment? Perhaps a large sticker on each supermarket chicken they supply saying...this chicken may have been boiled alive to save costs. Maybe some consumers wouldn't care but I'm sure some would.

This can't be the same story. That outfit in Suffolk boiled alive up to 81 chickens. Your original post on this implied that, for nine months, this slaughterhouse boiled alive all the chickens that came through because it was cheaper than fixing the throat-cutting machine. The story is quite horrible enough without it being distorted beyond recognition, but the worst thing is that distortion of the facts means that the message about animal welfare is so easy to dismiss.

According to Mr Red, that kind of talk is just vegan propaganda. :rolleyes:

Yes . Bloody vegan bloody propaganda . Here's an example of another bloody vegan propagandist telling us all to read bloody crackpot vegan books All the time . Telling us how many vegan books he has . Blatant propagandising .

https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/veganuary.349296/page-3#post-14851627

Thank fuck he was banned ....for nazi type stuff I think . I'd hate to think what this thread would be like if there were 2 bloody vegan bloody propagandists on it .

Although oddly there currently appears to be none .

Back
Top Bottom