Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Aristocrat's daughter on the run with sex offender and newborn

You think they should have let them go? And then followed them, or what?
They shouldn't have hunted them. Now that they have captured them, they should let them go, apologise, pay them compensation, and NOT follow them anywhere. There is no reason to suspect they've committed a crime. And the police prior to the arrest said exactly that. Don't let that fact go down the memory hole.

Are you sure you understand how the arrest system is supposed to work? The police arrest you on suspicion of what they tell you they're arresting you for. Then the moment they have enough evidence to charge you, they're supposed to charge you and then arrange for you to appear in court without delay.
Isn't it the CPS' job to decide if the police have obtained enough evidence to warrant a suspect being charged?

What would you do if someone kidnapped you and said you had to tell them where your child was because they wanted to, cough, check the child was OK, and you had reason to believe their actual intention was to capture your child? If the someone was the police and they could only hold you lawfully for x hours, whether or not you told them anything would depend on whether you'd made arrangements for someone to look after your child for that long, surely?

The police and media are acting extremely nastily in this case, and they may yet achieve an honour killing, lynching, and child death combo - all blamed on the victims, cough cough, Daily Mail, cough.

They haven't been kidnapped. :facepalm:

I am not sure if this newbie is trolling, or just thick.

They were arrested together without the baby though. So unless it's with another person, they've left it alone which considering the age of the babby is both unlikely and illegal as it places the child at risk.
Why do you type such nonsense? It's perfectly legal for parents to leave a baby of any age with someone else while they go to the shops.

The police from their public statements seem to think it’s quite likely the baby has died whilst the couple were held in custody and not in the weeks before. I find that disturbing.

They shouldn't have hunted them. Now that they have captured them, they should let them go, apologise, pay them compensation, and NOT follow them anywhere. There is no reason to suspect they've committed a crime. And the police prior to the arrest said exactly that. Don't let that fact go down the memory hole.
Do you know all the background details of the case then?

havent been following this but if they have been sleeping out of doors with a newborn is that not prima facie evidence of neglect?

If they're not prepared to tell the police now where the baby is, then it seems unlikely that they would have gone to get the baby if they had been released earlier.

I find it incomprehensible that the mother would have left the baby somewhere to die while in police custody. I know they're likely not well and not able to parent safely but that seems on another level.

Why do you type such nonsense? It's perfectly legal for parents to leave a baby of any age with someone else while they go to the shops.
Is that what's happened then? Do you know that for sure and why are you being so confrontational on your first day here?

Isn't it the CPS' job to decide if the police have obtained enough evidence to warrant a suspect being charged?
Yes. But it is an abuse for the police to apply for an extension of custody when they've arrested someone on suspicion of X if the real reason is that they suspect them of Y and are gathering material for an arrest or charge for Y. That comes under "Just wait in the cell while we find some evidence." Although it does happen quite a bit.

They were arrested together without the baby though. So unless it's with another person, they've left it alone which considering the age of the babby is both unlikely and illegal as it places the child at risk.
So all parents who are out and about without their babies should be arrested?
Or only those who evade medics and try to evade surveillance, neither of which is illegal?

Are you sure you understand how the arrest system is supposed to work? The police arrest you on suspicion of what they tell you they're arresting you for. Then the moment they have enough evidence to charge you, they're supposed to charge you and then arrange for you to appear in court without delay.
It’s clear you don’t! You can be held (without charge) for upto 96 hours (4 days).

Yes. But it is an abuse for the police to apply for an extension of custody when they've arrested someone on suspicion of X if the real reason is that they suspect them of Y and are gathering material for an arrest or charge for Y. That comes under "Just wait in the cell while we find some evidence." Although it does happen quite a bit.

You admit it 'happens quite a bit', as in it's normal, so it's not abuse of police powers. :facepalm:

I think I'll put this clown on ignore, because they are too thick to bother engaging with further.

Or only those who evade medics and try to evade surveillance, neither of which is illegal?
Do you know the background? Do you know if there is a court order in place? Do you have inside knowledge of why the authorities were so worried in the first place?

Those with some working knowledge of safeguarding can give a fairly informed guess at what led to this but none of us actually know.

What is clear is this this isn’t a family who are safely living off grid.

Yeah that's exactly what I said :facepalm: Take a deep breath and read what I wrote. If the baby is with someone else then that's fine (disclaimers here obvs). If they've left the baby alone, then that in and of itself is not fine (in UK law, before you start with what you can't even pop to the toilet nonsense). BUT considering how much they clearly wanted to keep this baby in whatever troubled way that's been, I doubt that's what has happened. Sadly I suspect they were without the baby because it isn't alive, for which I hope they get support.

Fucks sake.

On a train did post screenshot . Police statements explained they added manslaughter to neglect due to the length of custody making baby’s survival less likely

I'm getting my info from the BBC website, and as far as I can see the police are still saying they fear the baby has come to serious harm, which I interpret as meaning they don't actually know if it's alive or dead, far less when it died.

And I thought they were charged with manslaughter as soon as they were arrested.

Obviously the longer they're in custody without the baby being found alive, the more likely it's dead, but at this stage no one (apart from the parents) really knows anything for sure.

Back
Top Bottom