Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone read *this stuff anyway?

I don't and I don't know anyone who does.

*Laurie Penny et al. Not this thread.

forget about it, can't be arsed. was just expressing a suspicion of that clubbishness that's typical amongst many political types. it smells of prejudice to me.
i see a young writer whose heart is in the right place getting a kicking for the odd bit of naivety and gaucheness. i think she deserves a break. her and owen jones seem to be the only leftwing commentators the mainstream press want to speak to at the mo, so i think a bit of solidarity wouldn't go amiss.

another victim of the pink hairdo

It's a testament to Laurie's resilience that against the background of Britain's prevailing suppression of the middle classes, she's overcome her Oxbridge education to land a plum job jetting around the world to rehash her schtick from a variety of locations. You chippy proles just can't understand.

Does anyone read *this stuff anyway?

I don't and I don't know anyone who does.

*Laurie Penny et al. Not this thread.

Me neither. In fact, out of the hundreds of people with whom I'm acquainted, I can't think of a single one who I could guarantee would have even heard of her.

You're always going to get people like LP. I don't see what the fuss is really. Easily ignored. Like most things actually if that's what you want.

Jesus fecking Christ. Is she trying to channel Andrea Dworkin there? If so, she should stop right now - Dworkin, for all of her fundamentalist hardline stances, wrote with considerable thought and intelligence. This is more like a pointless Valerie Solanas "tribute" act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom