Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tranlation: 'I (TruXta) have my hair going in all different directions and wear coloured jeans with a twisted baggy arse and drainpipe legs.'
translation: 'i (lletsa) cut my hair with one of those comb/razor contraptions i bought out of the paper and wear beige grandad trousers with an elasticated waist.'

I actually look about 29, but like 29 year-olds used to before people became clones of media clones.
knee breeches and a macaroni hat?

427px-Philip_Dawe%2C_The_Macaroni._A_Real_Character_at_the_Late_Masquerade_%281773%29.jpg

If I need discretion I just remove it all together. It comes off quite easily, also a plus when playing footie.

I've got little ball stud thing on a wire. Wear it all the time and looks good (the other Hurrah likes it anyway). Didn't want something too big like I used to wear.

LLETSA will disagree.

Isn't it inevitable, in a time of working class defeat, that people become obsessed with apolitical cultural markers, like personal appearance and trouser colour? Given that there's no clear-cut political alternative it's hardly surprising.

Isn't it inevitable, in a time of working class defeat, that people become obsessed with apolitical cultural markers, like personal appearance and trouser colour? Given that there's no clear-cut political alternative it's hardly surprising.

This is political as it gets. Can you imagine a revolution led by people with their hair going in different directions and their trouser arses facing the wrong way?

This is political as it gets. Can you imagine a revolution led by people with their hair going in different directions and their trouser arses facing the wrong way?
Isn't it inevitable, given the modern mass-produced clothing industry, that at many revolutionaries will end up looking like freaks, or fashion victims?

What's the correct workers' attire look like these days then?

Dear Americans: I understand why some of you don't want to vote. But on behalf of those to whom the outcome matters who can't, please do.

All amercians vote Obama. All Americans that this journo has ever met anyway. The outcome is both key and irrelevant in this post. At least there's no demand to vote lib-dem this time.

Isn't it inevitable, given the modern mass-produced clothing industry, that at many revolutionaries will end up looking like freaks, or fashion victims?

That's because the revolutionaries don't realise they've been bought and repackaged by capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom