Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to train yourself out of it Orang. And anybody else out there who's constantly involved in making Britain a worse, more twattish place by doing it.

Let's leave it for those with their hair going in all different directions. And wearing those weird jeans with baggy, kind of twisted arses and drainpipe legs.

Try to train yourself out of it Orang. And anybody else out there who's constantly involved in making Britain a worse, more twattish place by doing it.

Let's leave it for those with their hair going in all different directions. And wearing those weird jeans with baggy, kind of twisted arses and drainpipe legs.
pure LLETSA :D

I think proletarian democracy's agony aunt might well have some sage words on this question. Not the one above. Stop being silly delroy.

Given that the meaning of 'to get' includes to receive/come into the possession of something it makes sense that in a shop/cafe 'Can I get a....... ?' is asked.

It's not rude. It's grammatically correct too. This argument is only happening because of the 'snobbery/tribalism' that exists about using expressions/question forms that are more in common usage in the US as opposed to the UK.

Given that the definition of to get includes to receive/come into the possession of something it makes sense that in a shop/cafe 'Can I get a....... ?' is asked.

It's not rude. It's grammatically correct too. This argument is only happening because of the 'snobbery/tribalism' that exists about using expressions/question forms that are more in common usage in the US as opposed to the UK.
No link?

Given that the definition of to get includes to receive/come into the possession of something it makes sense that in a shop/cafe 'Can I get a....... ?' is asked.

It isn't-as has already been proved, it's part of the dividing line between twats/not twats.

Odd how preferences are shoveled into snobberies in this view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom