Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that when posters up thread said Laurie had the kind of face you'd never tire of punching that didn't raise a flicker...but then it wasn't me saying it. Different standards apply to media ppl apparently

Funny that when posters up thread said Laurie had the kind of face you'd never tire of punching that didn't raise a flicker...but then it wasn't me saying it. Different standards apply to media ppl apparently
Tell us that full quote and pull the rug out from under your own point please.

Had a bit of PD banter there with D.Orr on the twitter over her LibDemidiocy. She took it quite well to be fair and kept going even after being told that PD strategy hinged on securing trident and using it as a defence against counter revolution. I don't know why these people don't just do a Laura and block immediately for wasting their time.

Don't know what you mean by "Mcfarlance" but some of my closest political comrades are women, and feminists - which you know damn well. But well done on your opportunist intervention here - you'd make an excellent leader of a lynch mob.
Bitches better have my money.

Tbf I don't think articul8's comment is necessarily sexist, I mean yes women are more likely to have their looks commented on in general due to sexist assumptions but one individual making such a comment does not sexism make. I mean there are plenty of comments about various ugly smug male tories made on these. Also it's not so much her face in the sense of bone structure or whatever but that awful smug face she is making that.

I think she may have noticed that her colostomy bag is leaking, or that the photographer is a member of the lower orders.

It was sexist. 'The temerity of the woman, writing a sex advice column. What could she possibly know about sex? I don't fancy her'.

If only Deborah Orr had been Mariella Frostrup, I'm sure articul8's comment would have been along the lines of "phwoar", but in a healthy non-sexist, non-denigratory way, of course.

I reckon he actually wants to bang her though...

Although he'd sell it as a vengeance fuck, done so that the working class could feel that it had had its revenge on someone smug and middle-class who'd written about sex. He might even try to sell it as an act (titter) of hegemonisation.

Don't know what you mean by "Mcfarlance" but some of my closest political comrades are women, and feminists - which you know damn well. But well done on your opportunist intervention here - you'd make an excellent leader of a lynch mob.

Are some of your best friends black/female/one-legged Bolivian intersexed feminists?

Tangentially related to this thread:

Cheers, David. He's quick to note that whilst he did go to "a minor independent school", his parents were polytechnic lecturers. What, no "and of course, I was on a scholarship"? Must have fallen off the page.
I wonder he describes his 800 year old 30+ grand a year private school as "a minor independent school"?

What school was it? (I know, I could look it up..but I'll forget/get distracted...)

...s'alright, I looked it up.

Not violence against "women" its a fantasy about violence against someone who happens to be a women.

If i say i would love to punch woody allen it isnt a violent anti semitic fantasy.

aye and woody allen's face is definitely an anti-aphrodisciac

by which I meant

This is what I meant in the original post, but clearly there was enough room for malicious interpretation. Given my view above - she doesn't strike me as in the best place to be writing about sex in any way that would induce me to want to read it (this is what I meant by "seductively" incidentally).

you said it, and you defended it

a one woman effort to prevent premature ejaculation - her face = anti-aphrodisciac

own it, it's yours for a long long time, the best you can hope for is that people forget the spelling mistake when they quote you

Articul8 should have played it out cooler than he did, he got too defensive too quick, a toss away "suck my balls" would have sufficed.

Tell us that full quote and pull the rug out from under your own point please.

Personally I find that quote you said about "Laurie Penny's Punchable Face" more distasteful than what Articul8 said. Which isn't to say that what Articul8 said was ok or anything.

Out of sheer curiosity, what is it about Laurie Penny's face that makes it so punchable to you? There's nothing wrong with Laurie's face as far as I can tell. It's a really weird comment that even for you Butchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom