Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread just keeps on giving. Laura is well worth 25k on this basis alone. I can't think of any other journo that has given me as much entertainment.

"Every shop and cafe had an inscription saying that it had been collectivised; even the bootblacks had been collectivized and their boxes painted red and black."

Orwell sez Shoeshiners is communism. Fact.

It's not the 70s either. You went to some ghastly diplomats school didn't you?
No, used to play one at rugby though. Farnborough where I used to have an office has a wimpy, ate there twice a week when I was renovating the building from derelict. Tipping did seem to improve service.

Was dragged into a mcd drive through two weeks ago. Had a gloupy sort of cheese in it. Revolting

bringing shoeshiners back should be part of the PD manifesto.They are good for the word on the street.
Shoes in general are progressive. If I recall my Making of the English Working Classes, itinerant shoe-menders travelled from town to town spreading the good old cause, so of course the PD slogan has to be 'radical cobblers'.

Shoes in general are progressive. If I recall my Making of the English Working Classes, itinerant shoe-menders travelled from town to town spreading the good old cause, so of course the PD slogan has to be 'radical cobblers'.

If you seek radical cobblers then look no further than the town that sheltered thomas and provided boots for cromwell. Gechya ass to northampton. Our tradition of leatherworked dissidence is aged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom