Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Albums Of The Year 2008

Just a question tho - why not have the number of votes? I wanna know how many voted fro the winning album, but more i wanna know how many voted for the lower ones. I'm amazed that many ppl were thinking along the same lines.

How many votes did something need to get to be listed?

Well, my dear tax, there is a system of weighting that goes on here. Depending on where a record is in your chart, depends on how many points it gets. The bottom huddle of records all got 39 points, two by a #1 and a #2 nom, and one or two by three seperate votes. One record was nominated four times but didn't get enough to chart. The number one record was nominated at least twelve times, and clocked up five or six first place nominations at least. I'd give you graphs and shit, but i want to go home.

nah your thinking of black metal.

Well I see it as part of the same tradition. You've got all the Burzum style stuff i'm not really arsed about, but then there's Nadja, Cobalt, people like that. Who aren't unlike Sunn O))) in some ways, who share a lot of common ground with Earth

The Earth album didn't make complete sense to me until I saw them live, then it all clicked. Although the guitars never go all that loud, there's no copious amounts of heavy distortion- the sheer weight of the music, the pace, the groove (for want of a better word) make it fucking heavy, imo. A lot heavier than countless metal bands who think they can achieve that simply by turning their overdrive up to 11.

Well done NVP, you've made the most obnoxious post of the year, and so close to the deadline too!

Thanks.

If you genuinely think that's the most obnoxious post of the year might I respectfully suggest you join the real fucking world one day? :)

Thanks for listening. :)

Have a nice day. :)

havent read the thread so sorry if ive repeated anyone, but im seriously loving the albums...

Ray LaMontagne - Gossip in the Grain

and

She & Him - Volume One

(not to everyones taste im sure, but those are my votes if i aint too late :)...)

Thanks.

If you genuinely think that's the most obnoxious post of the year might I respectfully suggest you join the real fucking world one day? :)

Thanks for listening. :)

Have a nice day. :)

Obnoxious does not equal nasty, silly.

Anyone would think being called 'obnoxious' was an insult or something! :eek:

nah, not really. The bar is quite high for what qualifies as an insult round here. Dwyer didn't even bat an eyelid when I branded him a Quaker.

that makes 3 of us on this thread with taste at least :cool: :)

oh its been mentioned?! im sorta shocked (but sorta not iyswim)...

so ...you & me and...who else? ...

i swear ive not read the thread, but if i had to put money on it id say twisted...

i say that because in loads of ways, MANY MANY times ive felt like you and twisted are my 'urban musical soulmates' in a lot of ways :D...

if im wrong then i'll be well disappointed, well i wont, but i reckon im right! :hmm:

let's have your individual nominations now then.

mine:

8 Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold
s

Cheers El Jefe. I don't know how this one slipped me by (I really rate their previous albums), but I just picked it up and fucking love it. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom