Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Albums Of The Year 2008

66.jpg
You could have done if you hadn't missed the deadline and invalidated the warranty on that thing. Not my problem now guv.

And this is where the world split into two. The followers of Professor Badass and his Badass teachings would roam the earth in beige cargo pants, preaching his coolness to the non-believers who just thought that he looked a bit like a dick.

Can't remember my own submission (was done long before I finished my own top 20), but I've seen more than a few records I might have picked out :)

my list only made it to 5, cos there weren't any other good albums released this year
:)

My Dearest Dear - Michael Rossiter
London Zoo - The Bug
Boycott Coca-Coca Experience –* Boycott Coca-Coca Experience
Seymour Wright Of Derby – Seymour Wright
Help the Overdog –*Flake Brown

been learning the banjo, so haven't really been listening to many records that weren't made pre-1960 by grizzled hillbillies.

I suspect I'd have liked Roots Manuva's and Erykah Badu's if I'd heard em. Someone told me John Edwards did a solo bass improv album, which I reckon I'd probably like. So if I'm allowed guesses then I could maybe stretch it to 8...

Frank Turner - Love, Ire and Song
Bachelors of Science - Science Fiction
Asian Dub Foundation - Punkara
Sabac - The Ritual

:hmm:

Neither did I.

There always are. But that's the interesting thing. See, there are people whose lists I hated 90 per cent of but loved the other 10. It's incredible to me the combinations of good and shit that people like. And of course, it is subjective. Someone voted Duffy's Rockferry as the album of the year. I don't know if they were joking. Girls Aloud are a pop act revered by many urbanites, but only one person actually nominated them. There were two albums, IIRC, that received four seperate nominations but all at the end of people's lists so didn't feature whereas the four shared positions at the bottom all had only two or three nominations but featured very highly in those nominor's charts.

It fascinates me!

I think that Duffy album is a good pop album. Why would they be joking?

'kids' is a great track,l the rest of that album is nowhere near it.

I heard 'The Youth' and loved it. Then loved the whole album. But I also loved the Kings of Leon album.

Why doesn't everyone jsut come round and shit on my cd collection?

To be honest I don't think I've listened to enough music to vote for a top 10. I still don't understadn how you can properly listen to 200 albums and find time to go to have a shit or brush your teeth or whatever but there you go.

But in mine would be MGMT, Kings of Leon, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins and Santogold, Justice and Elbow.

Oh and Metronomy maybe, but I've only just got into them.

I'm not sure about the Fleet Foxes. 3 or 4 tracks are really lovely, really really lovely, but the rest make me tired.

Neither did I.

I think that Duffy album is a good pop album. Why would they be joking?

I heard 'The Youth' and loved it. Then loved the whole album. But I also loved the Kings of Leon album.

Why doesn't everyone jsut come round and shit on my cd collection?

To be honest I don't think I've listened to enough music to vote for a top 10. I still don't understadn how you can properly listen to 200 albums and find time to go to have a shit or brush your teeth or whatever but there you go.

But in mine would be MGMT, Kings of Leon, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins and Santogold, Justice and Elbow.

Oh and Metronomy maybe, but I've only just got into them.

I'm not sure about the Fleet Foxes. 3 or 4 tracks are really lovely, really really lovely, but the rest make me tired.

I really really REALLY like Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins.

:cool:

I love her voice.

But I have to admit, that what makes me really love her is the fact that she has the perfect shade of redhead/pale skin that I cannot help but love.

I concur.

I like the way her songs are often about being a messup alot of the time, in a good way.

I concur.

I like the way her songs are often about being a messup alot of the time, in a good way.

Yeh, a lot of her songs are very messed up. Especially some of the Rilo Kiley ones. It is country music, though, after all.

Have you ever watch Married with Children? Well Jenny Lewis used to go out with the son on there, David Faustino. And the song Teenage Love Song is written about their break up.

Little Jenny Lewis fact for you there.

My favourite Rilo Kiley song is 'With Arms Outstretched', if you have heard it.

Yeh, a lot of her songs are very messed up. Especially some of the Rilo Kiley ones. It is country music, though, after all.

Have you ever watch Married with Children? Well Jenny Lewis used to go out with the son on there, David Faustino. And the song Teenage Love Song is written about their break up.

Little Jenny Lewis fact for you there.

My favourite Rilo Kiley song is 'With Arms Outstretched', if you have heard it.

I like your fact. She was some sort of child actress wasn't she? And the bloke in Rilo Kiley was too?

I have heard that song and I love. The clapping is good.

I love too many. But maybe 'It Just is'.

Cos that 'and everybody dies' bit should be depressing but isn't. And it's about Elliott Smith. Who I love too.

I like your fact. She was some sort of child actress wasn't she? And the bloke in Rilo Kiley was too?

I have heard that song and I love. The clapping is good.

I love too many. But maybe 'It Just is'.

Cos that 'and everybody dies' bit should be depressing but isn't. And it's about Elliott Smith. Who I love too.

Yeh she was. I don't know what she was in, though.

I like 'With Arms Outstretched' because it fitted perfectly onto a mixtape I made for somebody. The lyrics "and somedays, they last longer than others, but this day by the lake, went to fast... "

I like 'It Just Is' as well. That is a good choice.

I am going to have to listen to them now, before I can even think about going to bed.

:D

Back
Top Bottom