Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Albums Of The Year 2008

fuck. been under the weather. forgot that was released in 08. although technically...

i was thinking more of the gui barato/superpitcher stuff. which has aged really badly.

that was the era of clickity click kompakt indie techno wasn't it. anything worth salvaging? don't think so.
I think Kompakt had already peaked by 08; most of their best stuff was from earlier in the decade.

Total 9 has plenty I like on it, though like all the later Total comps it's a bit bloated over 2 CDs and could probably be edited down to one awesome CD. It does have Jorg Burger's cover of hoover rave behemoth Dominator on it, which I love:

must admit I'm more a fan of the 90s stuff those guys put out, the ultra-minimal studio 1 stuff from Voigt, + all the spazzed out cologne acid, really raw and terrifying. but then i wasn't around in the 90s rave scene so im looking at this retrospectively.

i love that first immer comp though. michael mayer. from 2002. fond memories of revising to my a-levels with it. first 6 tracks are basically faultless imo. really dubby throughout.

There's another cracking set he did from that era. live at love family park think it was called. but later on that sound went in a 00s pastiche pop direction which i was not so much into.

Last edited:
must admit I'm more a fan of the 90s stuff those guys put out, the ultra-minimal studio 1 stuff from Voigt, + all the spazzed out cologne acid, really raw and terrifying. but then i wasn't around in the 90s rave scene so im looking at this retrospectively.
Oh yeah, I love the stuff that crowd put out in the pre-Kompakt 90s. They had some many different names and styles and released so many records its hard to keep up, even now with the internet and discogs to help.

CS318540-01A-MED.jpg

Back
Top Bottom