Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Albums Of The Year 2008

Be interesting to see how much of this list has changed 10 years on, and what stood the test of time in a revisited poll? Or is that just me?

There was always a load of fly-by-night landfill indie bands peppering these lists which I'd assume wouldn't make a revisited poll, but I reckon a lot of it would stand. I'd also be interested in seeing what the differences were though.

I never really paid attention to these polls 'til a couple of years ago as albums just didn't do much for me.

But christ, that's a dull list. I'd like to think that most of the posters who submitted that lot have been banned by now.

I look forward to a higher quality of sounds this year

There was always a load of fly-by-night landfill indie bands peppering these lists which I'd assume wouldn't make a revisited poll, but I reckon a lot of it would stand. I'd also be interested in seeing what the differences were though.
I nearly did a rerun this year. But I just lost the will to live.

It doesn't look the greatest year, but there are some great albums here. Nick, Fuck Buttons, Vivian Girls to name but a few.

whitout thinking too hard this is what could have been in 2008....

YT is wrong here it is from 2008...

was a pretty stagnant year for mainstream hip hop/rnb wasn't it. there was ne-yo of course. but always singles. + i hated closer with that horrid guitar.

Every year is a good year in music and 2008 was no exception. I can't remember if I voted in this poll - I can't find any trace of a list - but without thinking too hard all I still like all these albums:

Ladytron ‎– Velocifero
Ladyhawke – Ladyhawke
Andrew Weatherall Vs The Boardroom
Linear Movement ‎– On The Screen
Lindstrøm ‎– Where You Go I Go Too
Annie ‎– Don't Stop
X-102 ‎– Rediscovers The Rings Of Saturn
Sally Shapiro ‎– Remix Romance Vol. 1
Zomby ‎– Where Were U In '92?
Geeneus ‎– Volumes: One
Legowelt ‎– The Rise And Fall Of Manuel Noriega
Antoni Maiovvi ‎– Electro Muscle Cult

Every year is a good year in music and 2008 was no exception. I can't remember if I voted in this poll - I can't find any trace of a list - but without thinking too hard all I still like all these albums:

Ladytron ‎– Velocifero
Ladyhawke – Ladyhawke
Andrew Weatherall Vs The Boardroom
Linear Movement ‎– On The Screen
Lindstrøm ‎– Where You Go I Go Too
Annie ‎– Don't Stop
X-102 ‎– Rediscovers The Rings Of Saturn
Sally Shapiro ‎– Remix Romance Vol. 1
Zomby ‎– Where Were U In '92?
Geeneus ‎– Volumes: One
Legowelt ‎– The Rise And Fall Of Manuel Noriega
Antoni Maiovvi ‎– Electro Muscle Cult