13 - bodies of water 'a certain feeling'
14 - dj shadow & cut chemist 'the hard sell (encore)'
15 - byrne & eno 'everything that happens...'
16 - king khan & the shrines 'the supreme genius of...'
17 - dread meets greensleeves selected by don letts
18 - freq nasty 'fabriclive.42'
19 - beck 'modern guilt'
20 - roots manuva 'slime & reason'

...albums I either downloaded and never got round to listening to or just meant to hear include: The Bug, Gang Gang Dance, Kitty, Daisy & Lewis, Zomby, Deerhunter, DeVotchka and Marnie Stern ... so who knows how my list might look once I actually check these out! :D

Honourable mentions for albums I fell in love with this year but weren't actually released this year include: Commix 'Call To Mind', Jeffrey Lewis 'It's The Ones Who've Cracked...' and DJ Format 'Presents A Right Earful Volume 1' :cool:

not too bad, six of mine in there i think. surprised the neon neon didn't get in anywhere

1 Drive-By Truckers - Brighter Than Creations Dark
2 Fuck Buttons - Street Horssing
3 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig! Lazarus Dig!
4 Calexico - Carried To Dust
5 Neon Neon - Stainless Style
6 Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
7 Solal - The Moonshine Sessions
8 Black Mountain - In The Future
9 Wire - Object 47
10 The Breeders - Mountain Battles
11 The Fall - Imperial Wax Solvent
12 Mogwai - Hawk Is Howling
13 Julian Cope - Black Sheep
14 Last Shadow Puppets - Age of the Understatement
15 The Kills - Midnight Boom
16 MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
17 Half Man, Half Biscuit - CSI: Ambleside
18 Stereolab - Chemical Chords
19 Santogold - Santogold
20 Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree

Turning Dragon was this year? Oh FFS, I forgot loads of stuff. :oops:
No wonder the results came out all wrong :D

I definitely feel that it's possibly a weaker list than previous years though bluey, as I can remember say 2 years ago where there were 30 albums and you raved about all of them as you counted them down, whereas this time you've been much more blunt that quite a few really weren't your cup of tea or were a bit pony...

That's certainly true, but to say that it's been a shit year for music is a bit unfair on the very good stuff that was out there. Plus I had less time to write this year, so I was a little more blunt than normal.

bluey posting, obv.

Before anyone posted up 2008 lists Id only discovered three bands with releases this year, and not one as been mentioned :(

Another one who's hardly listened to anything new this year.:oops:

I have one of those albums. Might download some tracks from some more to see what I've missed.

So we just have to PM bluestreak with our albums of the year and he'll put together a sort of league table of them? What a great and impartial system!

It's a worthy public service indeed, mate. You should be proud of yourself. If I have time, I'm going to write a song about this whole episode and display a 50ft banner of your smiling, benevolent face looking down upon all of mankind to hang off of the top of Asda in Romford. It'll get quite crumpled at the bottom, so I need to fit most of your face into the first 40 ft or so, but I think I can do it. Are you up for being encased in wax and displayed outside Lidl under armed guard for the next 70 years?

It's a worthy public service indeed, mate. You should be proud of yourself. If I have time, I'm going to write a song about this whole episode and display a 50ft banner of your smiling, benevolent face looking down upon all of mankind to hang off of the top of Asda in Romford. It'll get quite crumpled at the bottom, so I need to fit most of your face into the first 40 ft or so, but I think I can do it. Are you up for being encased in wax and displayed outside Lidl under armed guard for the next 70 years?
*shakes head*

I remember when you were cool, sadken :(

This was my list:

1. Bonnie Prince Billie – Lie Down In The Light
2. Earth – The Bees Made Honey In The Lion’s Skull
3. Why? – Alopecia
4. Santogold/ Diplo – Top Ranking
5. Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes
6. Starkie - Ephemeral Exhibits

I did listen to more than 6 albums, but the others didn't cut it for the list.
I think I might have to buy the new Nick Cave album out of that lot.

1223768316176.jpg

Now ^that^ is COOL. :cool:

Cool people don't try and live up to other people's expectations of them. Do you think Professor Badass sits at home at night worrying about him living up to other people's benchmarks for what a cool person is? No, he just IS cool godammit. :cool:

1 Mt. Eerie ft. Julie Doiron & Fred Squire - Lost Wisdom: This is the most beautiful album I have heard for ages.

It is lovely.
Looking at people's lists I've forgotten so much good stuff and also a lot of shit I binned (I'm loking at el jefe's 20-40 list;))
I think next year I'll keep all my 09 albums in a box, starting with Women which I have already.

bollocks.

he's wearing beige cargo pants.

When I noticed that too, I realised that Professor Badass's skill is not in wearing clothes that are cool, but in projecting an aura that fools you into thinking he's cool. Once you spot the flaws, the whole thing just crumbles.

That it is, my child.

Incidentally, I presume I cast the bonus vote, which powers up my vote by 10,000?

You could have done if you hadn't missed the deadline and invalidated the warranty on that thing. Not my problem now guv.

He could wear a t-shirt saying "I'm not cool" and still be looking cool. His t-shirt could say "God Hates Fags" and still be cool. Cooler in fact. Much, much cooler. Imagine.

Back
Top Bottom