Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

Because you rarely hear regional accents on the YouTube videos, those that aren't dressed in black clothes are dressed like students and it looks like the majority are carrying hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of photographic equipment with them. Not your typical working classes at any rate.

The ones not wearing black aren't black bloc then are they?

those that aren't dressed in black clothes are dressed like students and it looks like the majority are carrying hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of photographic equipment with them. Not your typical working classes at any rate.

Being fair, that is a load of rubbish with no basis in anything real.

Because you rarely hear regional accents on the YouTube videos, those that aren't dressed in black clothes are dressed like students and it looks like the majority are carrying hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth of photographic equipment with them. Not your typical working classes at any rate.

I suppose they might not have graduated yet or haven't found a graduate type job after finishing uni which may mean their current situation wasn't "posh", but I tend to base a person's upbringing as whether they are posh or not (i.e. accent and have you had an expensive camera brought for you as a birthday present?)

:D

I await the roasting!

what about muslamic rayguns guy? Northern, drunk and ignorant = working classes

I suppose they might not have graduated yet or haven't found a graduate type job after finishing uni which may mean their current situation wasn't "posh", but I tend to base a person's upbringing as whether they are posh or not (i.e. accent and have you had an expensive camera brought for you as a birthday present?)

:D

I await the roasting!

Masked up protesters carrying hundreds of pounds worth of photographic equipment?

You sure you're not confusing "black bloc" with "journalists"?

You sure you're not confusing "black bloc" with "journalists"?
Nah everyone knows you're not a proper "working class" protester unless you're carrying hundreds of pounds worth of photographic equipment to scare the police with. Don't make the mistake, however, of only having your kit lens. Your fellow protersters will sneer down their nose at you unless you've forked out a few hundred quid more for a proper lens

(Anyway, if they were journalists they'd be taking pictures of the protesters, not the police)

Thread bump - noticed this in the Indie this morning - establishment hack Julie Burchill accuses UK Uncut, Stokes Croft anti-Tescoites etc of being anti-Semitic (and smelly, too): http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/julie-burchill/julie-burchill-toytown-trots-who-attack-shops-are-no-better-than-bullingdon-club-bullies-2278998.html

Completely missing the point of the protests and movement, and a total smear job worthy of Searchlight's better-known hysterics. And this from the woman who was more than happy to take Murdoch's money. Fake Stanilists make the best neo-liberals, don't they?

Burchill's getting absolutely hammered in the comments section of that piece for, well, everything. Still, she's say "I knew I was right", so that's OK then.

I wasn't sure where to put this but it's a reminder that the Rally Against Debt (credit is also debt, so presumably they are rallying against that too) is this Saturday.
http://rallyagainstdebt.org/

I'll be there to mock and jeer and take some photos. :D

There's a counterdemo planned called The March of the Turkeys
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125859550824372

There's also The Rally against the Rally Against Debt

A few UKIP supporters have taken it upon themselves to set up this charming little event. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=204678962884261

I thought it would be nice to join them on their little day out in London and peacefully rally at the same time AGAINST cuts.

anyone fancy it?

If you do it has been suggested that perhaps for our counter rally we have a bit of fun and dress up like those bullingdon boys, top hats, jackets etc- what does everyone think?

their event description for all that have been blocked from the event page...

"
A well mannered, polite rally for civilised people who don't wish to see their hard earned money being spent on pointless government initiatives and instead would like government spending to actually fall and our national debt to be cut.

We don't think that it's fair for us to continue borrowing money to live a lifestyle that we simply can't afford - burdening our children with unnecessary debt that they will have to pay back.

Any visits to Fortnum and Mason's by protestors will only be to marvel at their selection of quality goods and perhaps make the occasional purchase.

Bonfires will be strictly forbidden: it's out of season anyway

Trips to see Vodafone and other high street chains will result in congratulations to the company for providing jobs and growth in the UK.

This is only a planning group at the moment and all subject to change.

Offical hashtag #RallyAgainstDebt or #RAD"
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=178345922213488

Bumped cos the remaining youth cases from the Fortnum and Mason sit in have been dropped :) For the adult defendants there will be test trials on the 5th of July (groups 1 & 2) and 25th July (3 & 4), which will involve around 20 defendants (not including me) who have been picked due to their apparent level of involvement, or previous convictions.. hopefully they'll all get dropped before anyway.
Sorry if I shouldn't have bumped this monster thread.. seemed the most appropriate place to put it, rather than the ukuncut thread..

Bumped cos the remaining youth cases from the Fortnum and Mason sit in have been dropped :) For the adult defendants there will be test trials on the 5th of July (groups 1 & 2) and 25th July (3 & 4), which will involve around 20 defendants (not including me) who have been picked due to their apparent level of involvement, or previous convictions.. hopefully they'll all get dropped before anyway.
Sorry if I shouldn't have bumped this monster thread.. seemed the most appropriate place to put it, rather than the ukuncut thread..

The fella who I put you onto, I take it he's up in July?

Bumped cos the remaining youth cases from the Fortnum and Mason sit in have been dropped :) For the adult defendants there will be test trials on the 5th of July (groups 1 & 2) and 25th July (3 & 4)
Trials will be in November, the July dates are just for them to enter pleas.

The fella who I put you onto, I take it he's up in July?

This is just for the F&M defendants - I don't know when other defendants are up, I know some had bail appearances around now but I haven't heard anything of court dates. If I'm thinking of the wrong person and you're talking about an F&M defendant, pm me

winjer said:
Trials will be in November, the July dates are just for them to enter pleas.

yeah that makes sense, it's not clear in the letter I got from my solicitor.

Back
Top Bottom