Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

He plead guilty so it would have been the magistrates decision to send it to Crown for sentencing. I am opting for Crown on mine. Magistrates are mostly cunts. Juries may see things differently.

He plead guilty so it would have been the magistrates decision to send it to Crown for sentencing. I am opting for Crown on mine. Magistrates are mostly cunts. Juries may see things differently.

better the 12 normal people than three have a go tories I suppose. Best of.

Won't come to a head for me personally for ages and ages anyway. I aim to enjoy the rest of the summer and fret not. :)

yeah I read that yesterday :( any details on what he'd actually done? I know violent disorder was the charge but wondering exactly what he'd done to get the charge - apparently someone went down for 12 months for violent disorder after throwing a plastic bottle at the israeli embassy gates a few years back! fucking bullshit and yeah fuck pleading guilty if you'll still get a custodial for it, might as well make the bastards work even if you've got very little chance of getting off.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9128855.Talented_student_jailed_over_riot/

Threw two placard sticks at police outside of fortnum and mason on the 26th. Gets 12 months. lessons to be learnt: mask up, don't hand yourself in, don't expect justice. I bet he thought that he'd get a fine or a suspended sentence, I doubt he could have hurt anyone throwing placard sticks, certainly not riot police.. now he's in prison for a year (or 6 months I guess he could be out on good behaviour?)

Is there a way of finding out where he is going to jail? would be nice to send him a letter.. had the thought of starting a wordpress blog with details of anti-cuts protesters who have been jailed and where they are so people can write / send postal orders to them

This bit from The York Post encapsulates the establishment approach....

"But at some point during the demonstration, Fernie crossed the line. Possibly under the influence of drink, he chose to resort to violence. By doing that, he undermined everything he believed in. Social justice is achieved through argument, not mob rule. Today he is paying the price. There is no satisfaction at all in that, but at least we hope he has learned a lesson."

yeah def. TC .. I hope he and others have learnt a lesson.. don't hand yourself in, admit nothing..
Found out he is in Feltham YOI .. waiting to get a prisoner no. if ppl want it to write to him, pm me and I'll get back to you when I have it.

Threw two placard sticks at police outside of fortnum and mason on the 26th. Gets 12 months. lessons to be learnt: mask up, don't hand yourself in, don't expect justice. I bet he thought that he'd get a fine or a suspended sentence, I doubt he could have hurt anyone throwing placard sticks, certainly not riot police.. now he's in prison for a year (or 6 months I guess he could be out on good behaviour?)

Or alternatively don't go on a peaceful demonstration and start throwing stuff at people. You'd be amazed at how many of us manage to do just that. I've never hidden my face at a demo and I'm not going to start now.

However I agree that 12 months seems too harsh in this case.

Well maybe you should consider it. Take into thought the publication of pictures from the recent anti EDL demos, and how many of those pictures are unpixilated. It's not a nice thing to have to consider, I know, and I can understand why people wouldn't want to do it, especially when you do have the intention of being on a peaceful demo but with the resurgence of sites such as Redwatch, the EDL taking an interest with regards to attacking anti cuts demos, and the ever expanding use of the shits that are F.I.T, it's something which has to be in peoples minds.

Or alternatively don't go on a peaceful demonstration and start throwing stuff at people. You'd be amazed at how many of us manage to do just that. I've never hidden my face at a demo and I'm not going to start now.

However I agree that 12 months seems too harsh in this case.

It was a violent demo from the beginning. The Police started the trouble in the morning.

Is there a way of finding out where he is going to jail? would be nice to send him a letter.. had the thought of starting a wordpress blog with details of anti-cuts protesters who have been jailed and where they are so people can write / send postal orders to them

12 months. ffs. You can get less for putting someone in hospital.

it's a clear message. Priorities lie with suppressing political dissent rather than addressing the seriousness of the individuals actions.

Yeah i should have clarified that. I meant the resurgence of sites such as Redwatch, and the like, not just that in particular.

Operation Malone Police are now sending out letters demanding people surrender or else! Have they not got enough manpower to go get everyone? Is there that many?

Gilmour is up today for sentencing. The best guess is that he will get 18 months. Which, given his background and contrite remorseful attitude will be an interesting indicator of the political nature of the judicial process.

Confronting police lines in Parliament Street he is seen yelling: "Let them eat cake, they say, we don't eat cake. We will eat fire and ice and destruction because we are angry, very f***ing angry."
Not the catchiest of chants, but maybe it'll catch on.

Back
Top Bottom