Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

Why would moon's opinion be made invalid by his background, anyway?

I know there is a lot of vehement disagreement with his opinions but there's a lot to be said for playing the ball rather than the man.

I know there is a lot of vehement disagreement with his opinions but there's a lot to be said for playing the ball rather than the man.

Just a convenient stick to beat him with.

Not for the first time, I'll have to ask you to not put words in my mouth, thanks all the same.

No, because the specific nature of the attacks on specific businesses that symbolise a wider problem (note how well-targeted much of the vandalism has been) is drawing unwanted attention to those businesses.

But it's most effective in drawing attention when it's non violent action, like the excellent Fortnum and Mason occupation. Violent action is more likely to only bring detestation of the perpetrators and push the real issues involved aside.

No, the police claimed that lightbulbs filled with ammonia were thrown at them.

Piss contains very little ammonia (about 3% IIRC), so is a lot less harmful than ammonia.

Is there any actual evidence for this,as a humble electrician I know light bulbs are essentially a vacuum,how the fuck do you inject ammonia into a glass vacuum with out destroying it's structure,it would be no different than ammonia in any other container,a plastic bag or an McDonald's polystyrene container for instance.(of course ammonia would probably melt polystyrene)

How would you make a difference then?

By donating some money to the Red Cross.

Its a tough question, I don't have any answers but as VP said earlier about drawing attention? theres many ways of doing it for example a lovin outside fortnam and masson or candle lit vidule outside Topshop would have drawn attention, you don't need to burn and destroy.

Look to Gandhi, he made a huge impact and never raised a fist to anybody ever.

By donating some money to the Red Cross.

Its a tough question, I don't have any answers but as VP said earlier about drawing attention? theres many ways of doing it for example a lovin outside fortnam and masson or candle lit vidule outside Topshop would have drawn attention, you don't need to burn and destroy.

Look to Gandhi, he made a huge impact and never raised a fist to anybody ever.

Or like 250,000 people (at least) walking the streets of london to protest in a non-violent manner. You said yourself it was amazing to see, so many people united. Now what? They just keep doing that?

You are focussing on the minority. What was so wrong about what happened at fortnum and mason - compared to your suggestion? what about all the shops on oxford street that took a beating to their saturday profits but sustained no obvious damage to their shop windows?

Might explain why he hates the working class, the poor and the vulnerable like.

And why he is such a dick.

On Newsnight Now

Story about the demo - a suggestion that the arrests of UKUncut in Fortnums were politically motivated. A chief inspector was filmed at the scene telling legal observers that they weren't violent so wouldn't be arrested! Just before 130+ were...

Hopefully it will be on iPlayer.

Story about the demo - a suggestion that the arrests of UKUncut in Fortnums were politically motivated. A chief inspector was filmed at the scene telling legal observers that they weren't violent so wouldn't be arrested! Just before 130+ were...

Hopefully it will be on iPlayer.

a link to the vid is on the guardian website. posted higher up the thread somewhere i think.

Back
Top Bottom