Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

‘March for the Alternative’ - 26th March - London

I just don't agree with violence, smashing stuff and defaceing monuments thats all.

I don't agree with property damage either.

A few political assassinations and bankers hanging from a few lamp posts and I might get interested.

<shrugs>

Don't talk crap VP,

Most people in the print there before it went automated were working class and that was a working class demo if ever I saw one.

Most people I heard on the news had perfect stuck ups accents they were student types.

Anarchists desperate for a cause more like. they don'y give a fuck about the reason, all they need is the spotlight and they will be there what ever the calling.
i think the contrast you're trying to draw, to tease out, is that you wouldn't be there 'what ever the calling' because you don't have the courage of your convictions.

oh - and OBVIOUSLY all students are stuck up :rolleyes:

As anyone who understands political strategy will tell you, sometimes shocking acts serve a purpose, as does violence.

BTW, it's only "violence", when it's "us" assaulting symbols of their power. They call it "policing" when it's their paid servants assaulting us.

So you've now changed your original stance to agree with mine, once you were backed into a corner by having your nose rubbed in an example of your being wrong? :p

Yes, Shocking acts and violence do sometimes serve a purpose, but that's rarely a justification in itself for indulging in them. The smashers on Saturday served no useful purpose whatsoever and there was fuck all justification for it.

Don't talk crap VP,

Most people in the print there before it went automated were working class and that was a working class demo if ever I saw one.

Most people I heard on the news had perfect stuck ups accents they were student types.

Anarchists desperate for a cause more like. they don'y give a fuck about the reason, all they need is the spotlight and they will be there what ever the calling.

ergo, y'ken fuck all

Yes, Shocking acts and violence do sometimes serve a purpose, but that's rarely a justification in itself for indulging in them. The smashers on Saturday served no useful purpose whatsoever and there was fuck all justification for it.

Of course they did... anti-capitalism, anti-tax avoidance, war on symbols of class.

Don't talk crap VP,

You're not even reading what VP is saying.

Aye, says me and anyone else in the world outside of the protest forums of U75. If you're going to go around smashing stuff up then you'd better have a good reason for it and I haven't heard one yet.

no, what you mean is you haven't heard a reason which sounds good to you. which is a rather different thing.

So if youre alright off yourself you cant have a justifiable reason for protest? Is that what youre saying?

No,

But the spotlight is a wonderfull thing and creates a form of art under certain circumstances.

Did the anarchists really go to the march in support of showing disdane towards the cuts? or was it for their little itsy bit of tinternet fame?

the 'ain' part you fucked up is from anglo-french of back in the day.

You frothers move hand from cock to keyboard so swiftly you forget to use a spell checker.

no, what you mean is you haven't heard a reason which sounds good to you. which is a rather different thing.

I haven't heard any attempts at justifying it as it happens, except stephj introducing the word "war" into the equation, deciding to call something a war doesn't automatically give you the right to go around smashing stuff up.

No,

But the spotlight is a wonderfull thing and creates a form of art under certain circumstances.

Did the anarchists really go to the march in support of showing disdane towards the cuts? or was it for their little itsy bit of tinternet fame?

The important point is that whilst the aim of local protests is to draw people in to a movement as something to build from, national protests need to be built to. The sheer weight of effort required to build up numbers that means something needs to come out of them other than a passive march from A to B and some speeches at the end. Break-away marches and direct action as an expression of class anger are more than justified in that respect.

http://truth-reason-liberty.blogspot.com/2011/03/class-war-on-streets-of-london.html

Don't talk crap VP,

Learn to read, there's a good person.
I said that the Evening Standard reported that those involved in violence were anarchist types with middle-class accents.

I also know that it was bullshit because I was there several times when aggro kicked off.

So, how about you don't post crap unrelated to what I've actually written, hmm?

More bull. Just because someone speaks clearly doesn't mean they're a student type. It could mean that they work on one end of a phone line most of the day, that they're a teacher or a civil or public servant.

You don't even know that they were anarchists. I try to give you enough credit that I don't immediately believe you're soapy enough to believe what the media tells you, but you're coming across like you've swallowed the media's bullshit whole.

Learn to read, there's a good person.
I said that the Evening Standard reported that those involved in violence were anarchist types with middle-class accents.

I also know that it was bullshit because I was there several times when aggro kicked off.

So, how about you don't post crap unrelated to what I've actually written, hmm?

More bull. Just because someone speaks clearly doesn't mean they're a student type. It could mean that they work on one end of a phone line most of the day, that they're a teacher or a civil or public servant.

You don't even know that they were anarchists. I try to give you enough credit that I don't immediately believe you're soapy enough to believe what the media tells you, but you're coming across like you've swallowed the media's bullshit whole.

Fuck the media who sensationolise every single doom ridden story.

I'm being honest from my own point of view, smashing stuff is naff and isn't justifiable no matter how you ham it up.

I don't agree with property damage either.

A few political assassinations and bankers hanging from a few lamp posts and I might get interested.

<shrugs>

I often find it depressing that we're lumbered, vis a vis the history of political assassination in the UK, with our last assassinated Prime Minister having such a dickish old-fashioned name. Modernisation is needed! :D

Actually, that's something that can only be properly judged from a perspective of fairly distanced hindsight. To blithely claim it "served no useful purpose" is an opinion, no more and no less. For all either of us know, cumulative property damage might trigger pressure from the business sector on government.

Back
Top Bottom