Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women's World Cup 2023

Been reading some loal comments and of course it's all doom and gloom about how far behind they are in every aspect, but pleasingly determined not to let the FA dump responsibility on coach or players.

The quality of the commentary today has been fucking dire.

'I dont understand VAR. What part of the arm has to be offside?', er.... any part?

Nope. Anything below the shoulder can be in an offside opposition without actually being offside.

I like the regular "You can see what scoring/winning means to them" Of course you can it's the World fucking Cup :rolleyes: "She knows where the goal is" is another goody.

It was a cracker wasn't it :eek:

I also liked one of the South African players early on barged an Italian in the back and when it was whistled as a foul she pointed angrily to her shoulder like it's ok to shoulder charge someone in the back.

That large South African supporter is magnificent by the way :)

Last edited:
Fantastic achievement by South Africa! Weird from Italy right at the end have to score with seconds to go and they're passing it around at the back 😁

Two of the most extrovert, colourful countries I've ever been to have the two dullest shittest anthems at this tournament. Makes our one sound properly funky.

Fantastic achievement by South Africa! Weird from Italy right at the end have to score with seconds to go and they're passing it around at the back 😁

Italy innit. Don't concede even if you need to score.

I remember seeing Juventus do this in a European (men) semi-final about 20 years ago. At the time I thought 'match fixing' - and maybe it was - but I think Steel Icarus is basically right. But it was Juventus so who knows.

Edit. It was this game. Lots of people were bemused at Juventus's feeble display. And it was a quarter-final. Some really interesting comments on both teams.

Liverpool? In the semi-final? No disrespect to the Harry Kewell- Igor Biscan- and Djimi Traore-carrying Scouse outfit, but if that doesn't devalue the whole competition I don't know what does. How has a team this poor and injury-ravaged got this far?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom