Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women's World Cup 2023

Was worth it though, I really enjoyed it. Well I really enjoyed the first half the second half was a bit toooo tense for me.

Very true, and like I always say at 1-0 the other team is still very much in it
Two memorable goals though, from a corner and that perfect ball in to the path of the running forward to beat the defenders and a keeper. I feel bad for Ireland, last in their group but with good talent

Commenator at 0:49 of first half extra time "I think Nigeria will be going in the happier team at half time". 0:53 Australia score :)

eta: times corrected :thumbs:

I do like the way the refs are stopping the pushing and shoving in the penalty area before corners and free kicks. Always annoying when it happens.

I still don't understand why in football they dont just stop the clock when there's a stoppage like they do in rugby and the NFL and fulltime is fulltime. Rather than rely on some mysterious estimate.

I still don't understand why in football they dont just stop the clock when there's a stoppage like they do in rugby and the NFL and fulltime is fulltime. Rather than rely on some mysterious estimate.
Think they are supposed to be timing it accurately now which is why you generally get a lot more stoppage time 10 minutes +

Think they are supposed to be timing it accurately now which is why you generally get a lot more stoppage time 10 minutes +

It's better. But I guarantee you they'll go over the 11 minutes advertised. It's one of my pet hates when goals are scored after the alleged extra minutes. Just stop the clock.

Yep I was just going to come on and say the same thing. If they stopped the clock (linked to the clock on the tv) the side that's losing would see that no time is being lost by the others timewasting, injuries and the like. Then end of 90 minutes which is when you expect to end, it ends. A lot of football rules are a decade behind rugby.

Yep I was just going to come on and say the same thing. If they stopped the clock (linked to the clock on the tv) the side that's losing would see that no time is being lost by the others timewasting, injuries and the like. Then end of 90 minutes which is when you expect to end, it ends. A lot of football rules are a decade behind rugby.

In rugby a team knows exactly how much time they have on the clock to make last ditch efforts, offensively or defensively. Once the hooter goes, kick it out, and game over. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom