Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women's World Cup 2023

With VAR the "After a Review, my decision is that it is not a goal because of an offside player" is a bit over the top, all it needs is drawing out the rectangle, saying "offside" and pointing to where the ball goes.

I thought that last tackle was a penalty or at least indirect, too. She used her arm so it wasn't a shoulder charge.

There were two clear penalties there. You cant jump all over the back of a player in the box and you cant hack at the legs of a player in the box. And then the manager getting carded. I'd be going fucking mental. He was quite calm considering.

So China would have to beat us by 2 goals and Denmark would have to do the same to Haiti for us to be knocked out now, is that right?

China are in exactly same position as Haiti?
Except Haiti already lost to us, whereas China still have the potential to beat us in our last game. So if they won, it would keep alive the possibility of us not qualifying, because of H2Hs or something.

<edit: Oh, sorry, caught up with the rest of the thread, now :oops: :facepalm: >

Seem to be ranked #3 recently after USA and Germany.

Switzerland v NZ was somewhat tedious. Columbia on now, have started really strongly against Germany, shaping into an attractive game.

Eta: A couple of 'interesting' elbow-led challenges on German players (in one of which the ball was 30 yards away) - reminded that Columbia v Ireland fiendly (typo :D) game was abandoned after Columbian players started kicking the Irish, and putting one of them in hospital :eek:

Last edited:
Time's up and there's a winner :)

Great game, disappointed there's not been a sending off though either from a Columbian kicking a German or a German retaliating. :(

Really glad I watched the end of the Germany/Colombia game. What drama! What an upset!
What on earth happened. I saw the final seconds which showed something like 5 minutes added on but it was something like the 18th minute being played. A big result for Columbia.

A few minutes added on for players lying down after being elbowed or kicked :) the germans joined in with the spirit of the thing in the second half.

What on earth happened. I saw the final seconds which showed something like 5 minutes added on but it was something like the 18th minute being played. A big result for Columbia.

The Colombian central defender went down with a head injury just as the ref was about to blow the final whistle and had to be stretchered off with all the time that takes (10-12 mins). It was a shame, a little anti-climatic. Again, they should just stop the clock so the players know whether it's worthwhile wasting time in the corner or not.

The Colombian central defender went down with a head injury just as the ref was about to blow the final whistle and had to be stretchered off with all the time that takes (10-12 mins). It was a shame, a little anti-climatic. Again, they should just stop the clock so the players know whether it's worthwhile wasting time in the corner or not.
Have just seen the Colombian goals. Both crackers.

77% possession from Spain and 1 shot on target to show for it, and that was a tame effort from range. Japan ultra efficient with the ball 23% posession, 3 shots total and all 3 were goals, love it 👍

Great stuff from Japan, that final goal was a corker. Spain looked clueless, didn't even threaten to score. Anyone know the story about why some Spanish players refused to come?

Back
Top Bottom