Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Women's World Cup 2023

I was hoping Argentina would win - Italy slightly better I think but they seem to be the ones doing most of the fouling.

Germany look like they mean business. 6 - 0 and then had a goal disallowed. Even then they were still fighting hard to win throw ins etc. Have to fancy them to win the trophy on that showing.

Morocco not as bad as the scoreline suggests. Thoroughly outplayed tho.

Time to look forward to Brazil. Id the ITVx player stops being complete shit.

They seem to manage having the images out of sync with people talking which is a bit of an achievement on live tv. Plus of course you don't get chance to rewind when you miss something :mad:

Nice to see the Philippines doing well even if it is against New Zealand. Saw some of their games in the Asia Cup and Bolden stood out for them then great for her to get their first world cup goal.

That NZ goal didn't look offside. I liked the NZ manager before the decision though, pleading with the ref not to give it offside :)

I get that most teams have one or two players of foreign descent but the Philippines have taken it to a new level :D

Were NZ a bit crap then? They'll have difficulty getting a win against Switzerland, tho you never know, the Swiss aren't that good.

The kiwi's used to have a pretty good women's team, shocking last Thursday was their first ever WC win.

On the other hand

"Having said that, it’s true that white European critics of global south tyrannies must avoid acting like neocolonial overlords. That’s offensive and counter-productive. It is why my international campaigns are based on consultation with local activists. I was acting at their request and in solidarity with their struggle, when I attempted a citizen’s arrest of the Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe in 2001, when I went to Moscow in 2007 to support Russian LGBTQ+ people, and when I staged a protest shortly before last year’s football World Cup in Qatar. It is unclear whether the 1975 liaised with any Malaysian LGBTQ+ activists."

DAVIES-obit-hp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom