Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Will you be swearing allegiance to the king?

I can't help thinking that this whole idea of people swearing alleigance was a bad idea from the start, I mean there can't be many people that will do it leaving Charlie with egg on his face and a stunt that will have backfired ..

I don't sweat allegiance to anyone.
ijbg5apvh3o71.jpg

Cant imagine many would sit in front of a telly and swear allegiance to Charles??
I mean..vows mean fuck all to him so why ask a nation to swear to anything about him?
It's all so ridiculous.

This 'major poll' must surely have been exclusively taken from over 60s:

_129563661_mail-nc.png
Seems about as accurate as most Daily Mail front pages.

I imagine the questions were along the lines of "

'Do you think the monarchy is an asset for the UK or do you think I should drown this kitten that I have net to the phone?'

(Also having Mad Nad give any advice on anything, let alone relationships shows satire is truly dead.)

_129563661_mail-nc.png
Nope . Said before if there was a referendum it would be like the Brexit one only with republicans using the scattergun approach of the varying types of Republic though if it actually happened would end up the Republic that best suited the interests of the ruling party. Though that's hardly the same as 'rock solid support for royals' in a fawning ain't monarch's marvelous type way

Here's what Chat GPT thinks...
Question: why are people being asked to swear allegiance to King Charles?

Chat Gpt:::

"I am not aware of any widespread requests for people to swear allegiance to King Charles. King Charles has not yet ascended to the throne, as his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, is currently the reigning monarch of the United Kingdom. "

"The UK operates under a constitutional monarchy system, which means that the monarch's role is primarily ceremonial, and political power is held by elected officials. As such, there is no legal requirement or obligation for citizens to swear allegiance to the monarch, although some public officials, such as members of parliament and members of the armed forces, are required to swear an oath of allegiance to the Crown."

"It is possible that there are some individuals or groups who are calling for support of King Charles, but any such calls for allegiance would not be official or legally binding. It is also worth noting that there is ongoing debate and discussion in the UK about the role and future of the monarchy, and opinions on the issue are divided."

😀

See..
Screenshot_20230502_190846_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230502_190915_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230502_190931_Chrome.jpg

“0
Here's what Chat GPT thinks...
Question: why are people being asked to swear allegiance to King Charles?

Chat Gpt:::

"I am not aware of any widespread requests for people to swear allegiance to King Charles. King Charles has not yet ascended to the throne, as his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, is currently the reigning monarch of the United Kingdom. "

"The UK operates under a constitutional monarchy system, which means that the monarch's role is primarily ceremonial, and political power is held by elected officials. As such, there is no legal requirement or obligation for citizens to swear allegiance to the monarch, although some public officials, such as members of parliament and members of the armed forces, are required to swear an oath of allegiance to the Crown."

"It is possible that there are some individuals or groups who are calling for support of King Charles, but any such calls for allegiance would not be official or legally binding. It is also worth noting that there is ongoing debate and discussion in the UK about the role and future of the monarchy, and opinions on the issue are divided."

😀
Lizardbeth's not dead, is she?

_129563661_mail-nc.png
"The largest study on the royals since the Queen's death"

Now, it could have been an absolutely super-massive study*, but setting your qualifying timeframe as "in the last 8 months" doesn't immediately inspire confidence that it was...

*though can't have been that big, 'cause I don't remember being asked and I've got some pretty good opinions about the monarchy that anyone asking about 'the royals' should hear :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom