Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fucking King Charles’s voiceover, and fucking ‘Britain welcomes everyone’ message during the NYE London fireworks

While the houses of parliament might indeed be full of drunkards from elsewhere in the country, Londoners have sensibly elected a teetotal muslim as their Mayor.
I don’t think the London assembly and associated secretariat can be assumed to be entirely teatotal.

Furthermore, London has a total of 73 MPs - more indeed than does Scotland - so any attempt to imply none of them are drunks or cocaine users by pointing to a man who is not a London MP is fallacious.

I don’t think the London assembly and associated secretariat can be assumed to be entirely teatotal.

Furthermore, London has a total of 73 MPs - more indeed than does Scotland - so any attempt to imply none of them are drunks or cocaine users by pointing to a man who is not a London MP is fallacious.
George Galloway does not drink alcohol; should we vote for him?

As London is the leading teetotaler region in the UK it seems perfectly fair to assume that everyone else is, in relative terms, drunk most of the time.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 14.20.36.jpg

As London is the leading teetotaler region in the UK it seems perfectly fair to assume that everyone else is, in relative terms, drunk most of the time.

View attachment 406933
We know very well that MPs are not representative of their constituents.

There are far more MPs who attended few paying schools than is the case for the general population.

IMG_3221.png

In the population it is 4% in Scotland or 7% for the UK as a whole.

Similarly only 34% of MPs are women, whereas according to the government’s own figures, most of the population are women (51% in 2021).

And so on.

George Galloway does not drink alcohol; should we vote for him?
No but that's because he's a twat, plenty of other reasons to not vote for people beside them liking a tipple or indeed even being raving drunkards.
£20 each. No discount for child tickets.
Mrs Q and I watched it along with our co-grandparents at their house whilst having a few drinks sat in the warmth and comfort of their lounge. We do know a couple that actually went down to London to watch the display personally (we saw their pictures on FB). I quite like professional firework displays. I suspect the London ones watched from the opposite bank of the Thames would be spectacular.
But apart from the cost of going down to London and stopping overnight (which is what we would have to do to see it) A major put off for me would be the probable lack of facilities. There is no way on earth I could go several hours stood outside in the cold without the need for a (and indeed almost certainly more than one) piss.
A loss of £1m on it doesn't strike me as particularly bad, not everything has to make a profit and New Year comes but once a year (clue's in the name)

A major put off for me would be the probable lack of facilities. There is no way on earth I could go several hours stood outside in the cold without the need for a (and indeed almost certainly more than one) piss.

We use pubs.

There are thousands of them here.

We use pubs.

There are thousands of them here.

Along Westminster/Embankment? OK there's a few dotted here and there but it'd be a ball ache trying to get in and out of one with all those crowds. That's assuming they aren't all closed off/ticketed affairs etc.

Along Westminster/Embankment? OK there's a few dotted here and there but it'd be a ball ache trying to get in and out of one with all those crowds. That's assuming they aren't all closed off/ticketed affairs etc.

They usually have a row of portaloos along the embankment wall. But yes, a night outdoors in London is no different from a night outdoors anywhere else. Pissing can be problematic if you’re not happy or able to go alfresco.

Back
Top Bottom