Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why the lib-dems are shit

I see we have these cunts to thank for the people of Grenfell waking up to a Tory council.
Was going to say that (apart from the "council" bit :p ) - absolutely shameless, including lies in the campaign and, I heard, saying that Labour had conceded the seat during the vote. Even then, Dent Coad only lost by a small amount, but that's enough. I'm particularly annoyed about this one.

Backed up by "tactical voting" sites of course. I hope everyone has now learned never to use these again.

I don’t get why they do this flagrantly misleading shit, given their supporters tend to be more of the academic types that value proper science and so on, it seems such a bad fit but is clearly a national strategy, try and hoodwink people into believing they have a chance when they don’t by a country mile. It’s like something a shitty cult would do. Liberal intelligentsia my arse.

The one i had from them tried to use "projected results" based on the last euro elections to claim that if green voters switched to the libs they could beat the brexit party and win in coventry south! Total bollocks.

leaflet:

leaflet.jpg

Actual Coventry South vote shares last night:

actual.png

Last edited:
And with that south west vote they picked up a single SW seat - the posh pricks in bath. I don't know why they have one by great torrington on that list of first places - they didn't win there.

edit: unless that's meant to be bath. Which would be odd give it's not there.

Apparently, this is real...

View attachment 192994
mersewoah.gif

"Key Lib Dems warned party not to back December election"

more here.

oops.
Swinson has blamed the decision by the Brexit party to pull out of many seats for the Lib Dems' struggles, while others believe her exclusion from televised leaders’ debates was a key development

Holy fuck the arrogance. They would possibly have lost a few more if she had appeared.

What's the Brexit Party got to do with it?

'Lib Dems - winning here through FPTP if someone else fucks up and fragments the vote of all the people that won't vote for us'?

Was just thinking whether there has been any other MPs like Swinson, losing a seat, gaining it back at next election, then losing it again at the next one. Then I thought Chris Williamson basically did the same, so must be other examples. But surely none who were a party leader during one of those stints.

Was just thinking whether there has been any other MPs like Swinson, losing a seat, gaining it back at next election, then losing it again at the next one. Then I thought Chris Williamson basically did the same, so must be other examples. But surely none who were a party leader during one of those stints.

Zac Goldsmith? Voted out at by-election after pointless grandstanding resignation, back in at next election and now out again.

Swinson’s election count result was so delayed as she was having extended temper tantrums, demanding a recount repeatedly and threatening the returning officer with legal action when this was refused.

Unlucky :D

TBF I am not surprised, she only lost by 149 out of 53,031 votes. :D

Back
Top Bottom