Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2016 Tory leadership election?

who is going to win the 2016 tory leadership election?

• Total voters
Right, total is 330 MPs, though Cameron presumably not voting. Looks like 155 accounted for below, all to play for.

May - 49 (will grow not reduce, recently bought Jeremy Cunt and friends)
Crabbe - 21 (will grow not reduce)
Boris - 37 (going down)
Gove - 5 (going up)
Fox - 8 (for sale; I hadn't realised he was Brexit, might hop to Gove)
Losers for sale - Leadsom +5, Morgan +3

Right, total is 330 MPs, though Cameron presumably not voting. Looks like 155 accounted for below, all to play for.

May - 49 (will grow not reduce, recently bought Jeremy Cunt and friends)
Crabbe - 21 (will grow not reduce)
Boris - 37 (going down)
Gove - 5 (going up)
Fox - 8 (for sale; I hadn't realised he was Brexit, might hop to Gove)
Losers for sale - Leadsom +5, Morgan +3

i noticed at least one name counted twice - that collossus of the Commons, Mark Garnier...

it looks possible that after this mornings fisticuffs, it appears Johnson may not actually run - and Morgan has jumped for Gove.

Maybe Boris reckons being prime minister now would be such a poisoned chalice that has decided it would be better to be the next prime minister after this one? :D

It may not be Johnson's choice, going down... 136 accounted for (assuming Cam no vote)
May - 52 (growing)
Crabbe - 22 (only up one, must try harder)
Boris - 29 (going down)
Gove - 13 (going up, bought Morgan and friends)
Losers for sale - Leadsom +5, Fox +8 (unwanted as yet)

Last edited:
Some sort of Churchill wilderness years act maybe.
Send in the black dog.

black-dog.jpg

May adds 2 more.

The younger Tories love Crabb. With Gove versus May, it all comes down to history with these guys (plus some rather unsavoury conversations about how Gove "doesn't look normal"). I still think Gove will jump to Crabb or May to decide the vote. He only ever wanted Chancellor, he didn't want to be leader.

Only a third of Tory MPs have declared so far. First ballot next Tuesday I think so a lot of time for 'market forces' to operate.

Back
Top Bottom