Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2016 Tory leadership election?

who is going to win the 2016 tory leadership election?

• Total voters
ROFL. It will be interesting to see if this is a serious bid or an attempt to collect votes on the basis of his "plan for the United Kingdom" as a negotiating hand.

This is very bad news for Boris, heh heh.
Wow.
Knife.

Boris won't win on the basis that the early Tory front runner never wins.

May is too much a of a far-right loon and lacks any humanity whatever.

It will be someone who is a nobody at present- my guess is Leadsom. Crabb is reportedly admired, but not seen as PM material even by these admirers. Javid is just plain odd and probably a sociopath.

No photo?:(

Gove

Pob02.jpg

eta - that gove image was way too big, you get the idea :D

Gove's full statement - (Conservative Home)

“The British people voted for change last Thursday. They sent us a clear instruction that they want Britain to leave the European Union and end the supremacy of EU law. They told us to restore democratic control of immigration policy and to spend their money on national priorities such as health, education and science instead of giving it to Brussels. They rejected politics as usual and government as usual. They want and need a new approach to running this country.

There are huge challenges ahead for this country but also huge opportunities. We can make this country stronger and fairer. We have a unique chance to heal divisions, give everyone a stake in the future and set an example as the most creative, innovative and progressive country in the world.

If we are to make the most of the opportunities ahead we need a bold break with the past.

I have repeatedly said that I do not want to be Prime Minister. That has always been my view. But events since last Thursday have weighed heavily with me.

I respect and admire all the candidates running for the leadership. In particular, I wanted to help build a team behind Boris Johnson so that a politician who argued for leaving the European Union could lead us to a better future.

But I have come, reluctantly, to the conclusion that Boris cannot provide the leadership or build the team for the task ahead.

I have, therefore, decided to put my name forward for the leadership. I want there to be an open and positive debate about the path the country will now take. Whatever the verdict of that debate I will respect it. In the next few days I will lay out my plan for the United Kingdom which I hope can provide unity and change.”

The last paragraph
I have, therefore, decided to put my name forward for the leadership. I want there to be an open and positive debate about the path the country will now take. Whatever the verdict of that debate I will respect it. In the next few days I will lay out my plan for the United Kingdom which I hope can provide unity and change.
could be read as a desire to influence the outcome rather than win but obviously the normal 'because we can see his lips moving' rules apply.

Boris won't win on the basis that the early Tory front runner never wins.

May is too much a of a far-right loon and lacks any humanity whatever.

It will be someone who is a nobody at present- my guess is Leadsom. Crabb is reportedly admired, but not seen as PM material even by these admirers. Javid is just plain odd and probably a sociopath.
Is Javid going for it? I thought he was Crabb's running mate

Peston and others saying Boris may pull his press launch this morning.

Corbyn and his team breath a temporary sigh of relief as all eyes on the blues corners dramas.

So the Tory plan would appear to me to be:
  • Gove set up to split the "it should be a leave MP" vote, ready to jump for May or Crabbe as needed. This should switch David Davis and a couple of the others. It also means Gove is guaranteed a top role whatever way things go from here, expect chancellor.
  • Liam Fox likewise lined up to split the vote of the remainers, I expect he wants home office? Plan between them is to keep out Boris.
  • Nicky Morgan will jump for the highest offer
  • Nobody cares about Leadsom and everybody hates Jeremy Cunt, why are they even there, is it standard that they get some little ministerial sop for putting their name down?

This has the latest MP tally behind each:
Our Conservative leadership election MP tally. Johnson 42, May 40, Crabb 21, Fox 8. | Conservative Home.

*steals some popcorn*

Next to jump: Davis, Patel or Dorries?

Davis has ruled himself out, Dorries couldn't get the mighty two nominations she'd need, and Patel is loathed. anyone else who punts themselves in is just doing it for shits and giggles now that May and Gove and not just slipped a blade between Johnsons ribs, they put a Garlic flavoured stake through his heart...

May did by far the best job, Crabbe looks like a minnow compared to her. Fox is just taking the piss in search of a job - he may be the darling of the Bow group, but the rest of the party - even the very righty non-Bow people - dispise him...

Back
Top Bottom