Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who is going to win the 2016 Tory leadership election?

who is going to win the 2016 tory leadership election?

• Total voters
What a colossal shithouse he is. He's either panicked by the result of a ref he didn't want to win and only lead out of self interest or because he thinks gove's candidacy makes it difficult for him to win. He also lost momentum by going into hiding the last few days. Fucking coward.

Surprised I am only one of three to vote Gove.

I reckon he will pip the homophobe and the Theresa 'a policeman in every bedroom' May

What will liberal identity politicos do if faced with the choice of an old, white, male progressive and a female Tory?

What a colossal shithouse he is. He's either panicked by the result of a ref he didn't want to win and only lead out of self interest or because he thinks gove's candidacy makes it difficult for him to win. He also lost momentum by going into hiding the last few days. Fucking coward.
He wasn't in hiding, he was gathering supporters ready to launch his bid. Supporters who turned around and knifed him in the back as soon as he did.

*searches soul*

*searches heart*

*searches soul again*

Nope, no sympathy here.

What will liberal identity politicos do if faced with the choice of an old, white, male progressive and a female Tory?

I think that our liberals haven't degenerated quite to the stage of supporting May over Corbyn on a similar basis to their US equivalents with Sanders and Clinton.

I've just had an interesting Skype with a friend who is a retired union official and served on Merton Council with Teresa May during the 1980's. Apparently at that time, she was to the right of Thatcher, wanted to privatize almost all the council services and was vehemently anti European.

I'm getting the impression listening to various Tories on the radio that Gove has made some enemies over the way he knifed Boris to add to some he made during the referendum campaign. I don't think he has this in the bag.

It will be interesting to see where Boris' declared supporters go. Boris has apparently stated he will not be making a public endorsement for anyone, but I think it's obvious he won't be voting for his former bff.

Hilarious btl comment yesterday at Conservative Home from user '150quidonboris'
See my username, nearly all of the membership will vote for him. He's the epitome of a Tory leader and will probably serve at least 10 years. I tell u what the bookies are giving away money on those odds, this is going to make me rich.

The Gove party seems to be losing a little momentum. His total of declared supporters has dropped from 13 to 11 although along the way he has picked up Jacob Rees-Mogg. (Worst Stag Night Ever).

Negative briefing against him being reported.

Fucking hell.

i'd put very good money on it being froth - its both an election strategy and a signal of a possible negotiating position with the EU - no one in the Tory party thinks this is a good idea in practice, more that its a good idea to start letting the EU know that the Brexit negotiation isn't going to be a wishlist with 'pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase' written at the bottom.

you'll have noted that she's publicly ditched her personal policy on leaving the ECHR because she accepts it has little support - she's done that to gather support from the libertarian left of the party, if she wants their support she can't pedal too hard on the issue of residency of existing EU citizens.

i'd put very good money on it being froth - its both an election strategy and a signal of a possible negotiating position with the EU - no one in the Tory party thinks this is a good idea in practice, more that its a good idea to start letting the EU know that the Brexit negotiation isn't going to be a wishlist with 'pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase' written at the bottom.
Well, indeed. But its damage is in giving legitimacy to repatriation language. A potential PM who is saying that people who are currently legally living here, who were told during the campaign "of course you can stay", might have to be repatriated. Bargaining stance or not, it has now been said. By someone who might be PM within weeks. Forced repatriation of legal residents as a mainstream idea.

That's stomach churning.

Well, indeed. But its damage is in giving legitimacy to repatriation language. A potential PM who is saying that people who are currently legally living here, who were told during the campaign "of course you can stay", might have to be repatriated. Bargaining stance or not, it has now been said. By someone who might be PM within weeks. Forced repatriation of legal residents as a mainstream idea.

That's stomach churning.

true, hardly edifying - lets be honest though, it was always going to be a subject in the negotiations, if one pretty much everyone wanted sorted quickly and quietly. no mentioning didn't mean it wasn't an issue.

its not something i like though, and i'm slightly surprised May brought it up - i would have assumed that the Great Arse Fox would have done so and drawn the opprobrium...

Looks like the smart money is on May to win. If it's anything like urbans prediction for the referendum result she hasn't got a chance.

And jeez, did she look like Thatcher in today's speech :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom