Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where do you keep your toaster?

Where do you keep your toaster?

• Total voters
No kettle is unusual. Even if you don't drink tea or instant coffee. They're just so handy.
I don't drink tea and use a stovetop espresso maker for coffee. If a visiting wrong un wants tea, I have a pot and a gas ring.

I don't drink tea and use a stovetop espresso maker for coffee. If a visiting wrong un wants tea, I have a pot and a gas ring.

I use my kettle for other things too - it's a lot quicker than boiling water on the stove for cooking veg.* Making couscous or instant noodles. Usually soak pans in boiling water before washing up. Have lately been making lemsip without needing to use a stove.

(Also washing saucepans when your boiler isn't working, grumble).

If I ever visit you then I would probably not want coffee, but I'm quite happy with diet coke or some other fizzy drink, just for future record.

*Which is also difficult for me in a pan, but there are more likely to be people around than making eggs for breakfast.

I keep my toaster in the toaster shop. :hmm:

If I want to toast some bread I use the grill. You can't do cheese on toast in a toaster.
My other half is a wrong'un and makes cheese toasties in these. IMHO definitely not the same as cheese on toast, but better than the toasted sandwich maker they really wanted to buy and store on the worktop

I have a rather nice stainless covered four bay toaster.

It and my microwave sit on the back of the worktop, surrounded by vital pots and jars of things like bovril and pickled onions, only one or the other can be used at a time because they share a plug.

It is overkill for me because I don't eat toast so often.

It matches the kettle, which also lives on the worktop and is used rather more often.

I use my kettle for other things too - it's a lot quicker than boiling water on the stove for cooking veg.* Making couscous or instant noodles. Usually soak pans in boiling water before washing up. Have lately been making lemsip without needing to use a stove.

(Also washing saucepans when your boiler isn't working, grumble).

If I ever visit you then I would probably not want coffee, but I'm quite happy with diet coke or some other fizzy drink, just for future record.

*Which is also difficult for me in a pan, but there are more likely to be people around than making eggs for breakfast.
I have teas (normal, mint, fruit) for visiting weirdos ;).

I have teas (normal, mint, fruit) for visiting weirdos ;).

Yes (and that is thoughtful of you) but it'd feel like a huge faff to ask you put something on the stove just to make tea for me. And I suspect that you at least won't just automatically add milk. I'll have a fizzy pop, TY.

• Haha
Reactions: Sue
Toaster is on the worktop.
I would never put it in a press.

83e911e813138939fe47e4857cc115cd.jpg

:confused:

I just want to take this opportunity to say how much I love toast...of any kind. Thick chunky doorstop toast...toasted sandwiches...toasted bread sandwiches...toasted bagels.....toasted rolls...toasted muffins....

And now I am in bed longing for toast with butter melting on it.
That's fighting talk: toast with butter melting on it vs. toast nice and crispy with a tasty yellow veneer of a contrasting texture.

I'm an atheist with a tiny kitchen and no toaster. I mostly just make toast when I'm round my mum's house, although I have to provide my own butter because unsalted is wrong and gross. My mum and her partner both go to the local CofE church but he was raised Catholic and she's one of them proper catholicky (high church?) Protestants from a family that used to mix & match between the both. Their toaster lives on the worktop but stashed away in the back corner so you have to pull it out to use it without scorching the bottom of the cupboard above.

Back
Top Bottom