Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where do you keep your toaster?

Where do you keep your toaster?

• Total voters
I was just looking at our situation. We have the red, long slot, toaster on the work top. The white two slot is currently alongside it. The red one has warmer facility, the white one doesn't. Bot are in regular use.

Ah, so the area on my worksurface between the microwave and the wall, where the phone sits, isn’t part of my worksurface?
Neither is the area under the microwave as you can't do any work on that either. :)

Reminder to self: must remove chopping boards to make more worktop area. :)

In NI the cupboard where the hot water tank resides (& sheets, blankets, my dad’s homebrew, etc) is called the Hot Press (also name of Irish music paper)
Yes, the airing cupboard was the hot press when I was growing up too. My granny even used to say cold press for fridge, but she was prone to malapropism and other linguistic innovation, so I’m not sure if that was widespread.

We had the food press, the hot press, press drawers in the kitchen, and so on.

Essential update: the measuring jug for mine does have an egg piercer, but I tried to use it this morning and couldn't figure out how to pierce the egg without breaking it. The egg cooker still worked fine without it as it always has.

Egg cooker and toaster:

Attachments

• egg cooker and toaster.jpg
    egg cooker and toaster.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 5
Essential update: the measuring jug for mine does have an egg piercer, but I tried to use it this morning and couldn't figure out how to pierce the egg without breaking it. The egg cooker still worked fine without it as it always has.

Egg cooker and toaster:
I've got one of those egg cookers, and never pierce the eggs. Only occasionally will one crack - maybe one egg in twenty - but after it's started to set so it doesn't dribble too much.

oh i see. yeah thats not it here, it's an anti-mouse strategy but not a very good one.

Ah, I have a baking tray I put on the top of my toaster when it is not in use.

My current toaster is fairly new, I had seen mice go in and out of the slots of my old one when our flat was infested last winter and there was no way that I was a) ever going to use that toaster again (it was knackered anyway, over 20 years old and with a mind of its own about how long to toast bread!) and b) I wouldn't let that happen to the new one. Which is a very nice 4 slice toaster, much more convenient for when we want to eat at the same time. Aiming to keep it nice and free of mousey visitors.

Back
Top Bottom