Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's the Spartacist League up to these days?

What happened to the hand-written placards? The Spartacist League was famous for its hand-written placards. It was enjoyable making them. It looks like this is yet another traditional craft destroyed by the mad rush into modernity.

The Spartacist League/Britain [it has an antipathy to the use of “of”] has had the capability to print its posters since at least 1989, but it faithfully continued to employ broad felt-tipped pens for a few decades. Now, since the death of James Robertson, decadent bourgeois practices have come to the fore, and these latter-day Shachtmans make war on hand-writing.

Ted Grant was mentioned earlier in this thread. An older comrade of mine was queer bashed by Militant members for advancing the inclusion of LBGTQ people in Glasgow District Council's equal ops policy (back when he was in the Labour Party). Britains largest Trot cult said homosexuals were a disease of capitalism, and once Uncle Ted was in charge every one would be straight. Ted Grant died and suddenly all the little Militants changed their minds- so much for vangaurds.

Last edited:
From the latest Slackbastard trot guide:
17. Spartacist League of Australia
The International Communist League (Fourth Internationalist) has been thrown into some turmoil since the death of its lvl boss, James Roberston (1928–2019) andt is no secret for anyone following our organization that we have been conducting intense internal discussions and qualitative political realignments over the last few years’. As a result of the upset, the last issue of Australasian Spartacist was published in Autumn 2020. Verdict : ‘They’ll be back.’ See also : International Bolshevik Tendency / Bolshevik Tendency.

18. Trotskyist Platform
TP emerged as a split from the Spartacists, but remains staunch and may even outlast them, who knows? In other news, Trotskyist Platform’s Article About Genuine Trotskyism in the 21st Century Has Now Been Issued in Print Form (September 17, 2022). Fingers crossed the Platformists open a PO Box in Melbourne to really rub salt into the wounds.

Having a quick google texts aren't necessarily embedded in PDF (I mean they ought to be for publishing reasons but in this case perhaps not).
When I open the PDF it's opened by my web browser. If you have it opening with a different (editing) program and don't have that font installed that's the only reason I can think of for the issue. That it resolves to webdings rather then say Ariel is a complete mystery though.

Having a quick google texts aren't necessarily embedded in PDF (I mean they ought to be for publishing reasons but in this case perhaps not).
When I open the PDF it's opened by my web browser. If you have it opening with a different (editing) program and don't have that font installed that's the only reason I can think of for the issue. That it resolves to webdings rather then say Ariel is a complete mystery though.
They are not wingdings, they are squares with numbers and letters in them. I can read some of the boxes, and some hesdlines. Are you sure you are looking at the spring 2023 issue?

They are not wingdings, they are squares with numbers and letters in them. I can read some of the boxes, and some hesdlines. Are you sure you are looking at the spring 2023 issue?
I can reas the PDF of the latest issue of the Weekly Worker, and the previous issue (Autumn 2022) of Workers Hammer perfectly OK.

Thanks. I wonder why I can't read it. This is typical of IT. There is an update in some software somewhere, and suddenly some people cannot read things.
I always assumed PDFs was a baked in format. Are you opening it with Adobe Reader and don't have the correct fonts installed?

Back
Top Bottom