Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Inspired by Sojourner's spanish omlette thing, I'm making one of them, with tomato rice. I just bought some yardlong beans as I finally figured out the incredibly long things I see in vege shop are the same things I eat which seem like but not quite green beans. They will go in my omlette, along with other assorted veg. And some cheese on top.

Aha! I remember sweet potato stew.... one of lizzie's recipes?

susiesue! I just re-did it after a LONG time. Lizzie then took it and adapted it. Her version is lovely too and slightly easier to do without planning as it has more store cupboard and less fresh ingredients, but I prefer the original.

eta... at the time it was all new, but if you google it now - it's EVERYWHERE!

susiesue! I just re-did it after a LONG time. Lizzie then took it and adapted it. Her version is lovely too and slightly easier to do without planning as it has more store cupboard and less fresh ingredients, but I prefer the original.

eta... at the time it was all new, but if you google it now - it's EVERYWHERE!
haha... so funny :) My sister still has all Lizzie's recipes in a special folder and she uses it all the time. She is a serial WW-er :D

might have to try the African Sweet Potato Stew again myself sometime.... I remember it being delish...

haha... so funny :) My sister still has all Lizzie's recipes in a special folder and she uses it all the time. She is a serial WW-er :D

might have to try the African Sweet Potato Stew again myself sometime.... I remember it being delish...

I still have them.. she emailed us all a file of them. They're on a computer somewhere - although a broken one I think! I saw Lizzie at the weekend.. and we're off to Food for Friends in Brighton (Terre a Terre caught fire!) in a couple of weeks. And Potato Dog and several others. We've met at least monthly for years now - basically to eat! :D And go on holiday together. In fact I'm godmother to one of the girl's sons. When I introduce them to urbanites I have a habit of introducing them as "real life" friends, forgetting we met online too!

I'm going to a international evening at a school. Parents get in free if they bring food that represents the culture they're from.
Lots of Spanish kids at this school, so looking forward to it.
I think it must be a cunning ploy for the teachers to get free food.

I still have them.. she emailed us all a file of them. They're on a computer somewhere - although a broken one I think! I saw Lizzie at the weekend.. and we're off to Food for Friends in Brighton (Terre a Terre caught fire!) in a couple of weeks. And Potato Dog and several others. We've met at least monthly for years now - basically to eat! :D And go on holiday together. In fact I'm godmother to one of the girl's sons. When I introduce them to urbanites I have a habit of introducing them as "real life" friends, forgetting we met online too!
That's so cool :) Yes, I had the file too and passed it on to my sister and it's basically her bible! You can tell Lizzie next time you see her that some random people she doesn't know are very grateful & happy & slimmer ;)

Last night was a chicken/broc/green bean/red pepper/mushrooms stir fry in black bean sauce, with noodles for my son. I went without the noodles but then undid all my good intentions by eating 4 bags of Monster Munch and half a pack of danish blue :rolleyes:

Not sure about tonight....either pizza or baked potatoes with cheese....defo some salad either way. Mini Magnums for pudding.

Got an old mate visiting for a couple of nights, so am making melanzane parmiggiana tonight, as it's so easy to assemble and then just bang it in th'oven :cool: I suspect we'll be too drunk to notice how good it is anyway

Cafe Ecuador.

Brilliantly simple and delicious fish soup. Think it was tuna in a light vegetable and tomato stock with yuca. Piled high with red onion rings and coriander. Plate of chips on the side. Fantastic :)

Three-sausage and root vegetable casserole.

B371C134-83DD-4ADB-AC18-46307C213E92-16969-00000BDA7C5D3933.jpg

There's probably a good 4 meals left in it!

e2a: probably can't see too many bits of sausage in the front / at the sausageface, mind. They've most likely been mined in passing.

That'll do.

dunno. Veggie sausages with some chilli sauce i 'nicked' with Itzu maybe. Ate so much chocolate today i really should go without dinner though.

have to cook for boyf tomorow night :( He has IBS and can't eat 5 million food types - most of which i eat every day (like onions and garlic). He also can't eat wheat. Maybe i'll just give him a bag of nuts and a carrot :mad:

stuff_it said:
Why tramps buffet? Did you get it from a skip?

I use the TB to mean the reduced shelf in a supermarket. Working in Richmond at the moment means a lot of locals sniff down their noses at these second rate goods. I usually get a plentiful bounty for a few quid.

Back
Top Bottom