Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

i've been good today - home made soup for lunch, home made tomato, bean and pea stew thing for dinner. Of course now i'm craving a giant chocolate bar though :rolleyes:

Chicken livers and kidneys in a tomato, onion gravy. €3 from the mega kitchen takeaway - about 60 takeaway options always available! Then went for a glass of red in a bar close by and got mash potato for tapas. Spanish mash. Mash with lumps of ham in it. First mash I've ever had in Spain. Plenty of pureed potatoes, but never proper mash before.

Had a very long tiring day (nutter on the doorstep before dawn, long story) so by the time I had to feed the hordes I just bunged supermarket pies and potato wedges in the oven. Always worth having something in the freezer that requires no effort or alertness for days like this.

Attempting to improve cooking skills so made carbonara minus the cream, was delicious even though mixed up Ginger and Garlic when frying pancetta

Had a rice and veg thing last night which is nameless, but nice. I think it is really just veggie chili without any kidney beans or anything that would alert you to it being veggie chilli, but with more veg than I would personally put in a veggie chilli. Had a side of broccoli with it, and a cucumber salad.

Tonight we are going to the brilliant uni canteen and I am very excited about what three things I shall have with my rice. Only five more hours to go! :cool:

Last night I made wifey some pan fried Sea Bass I'm butter. Served with peas, broccoli and green beans in herby butter. Salad on the side.

I was not hungry so went for a cheese, cucumber and mayo sandwich.

We had frozen yogurt dessert :)

The spanish omelette was made killer by the addition of smoked cheddar :cool:
Hmmm...am thinking I might make a spanish omelette tonight. I've got some leftover Carola spuds - I know you're meant to use bigger spuds but I'll just boil them first and soften them up. Got some leftover salad, and may do a smidge of couscous to go with it too :cool:

Hmmm...am thinking I might make a spanish omelette tonight. I've got some leftover Carola spuds - I know you're meant to use bigger spuds but I'll just boil them first and soften them up. Got some leftover salad, and may do a smidge of couscous to go with it too :cool:

I used baby potatoes, worked a treat. I like waxier types in my omelette.

Had egg with tomato, tofu with celery and bits of chicken in a brown gravy. And rice. Was lovely but I envied Mr Yu's choice of aubergine in brown gravy.

Just me and my girl tonight and we've plumped for Birds Eye southern style chicken fillet burgers in sliced bread with lettuce and mayo :cool:

Got a delivery coming but can't remember if there's anything puddingy :hmm: so might just be biscuits and apples for afters.

I used baby potatoes, worked a treat. I like waxier types in my omelette.

:):cool: am proper looking forward to this now! I usually do mushroom and cheese frittatas, but I love the chunkiness of the spud in a spanish omelette. Do you always do that plate-turn-it-over thing?

:):cool: am proper looking forward to this now! I usually do mushroom and cheese frittatas, but I love the chunkiness of the spud in a spanish omelette. Do you always do that plate-turn-it-over thing?
I never bother, I just finish it with a topping of cheese and put it under the grill to firm up the top.

Chicken mushroom and pepper stir fry in a Black bean sauce for me. Wanted to go down the market for a mass buy of veg to make a big batch of soup but couldn't get to town in time, tomorrow :)

Also, I just returned from Nour's down in Brixton market with.... a ton of spices, herbs, leaves, sauces, legumes and whatnot. One full carrier bag for 11 quid. They're mentally cheap. And great. Did I say they're great?

Dont know. I've got this massive chicken thigh that i took out the freezer this morning but now i really don't feel like chicken. Do you think it'd be safe to cook & eat it tomorow?

Back
Top Bottom