Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Sausages and mash were last night but had little appetite :( I may have overloaded on sausage. Salad week beckons I feel :D

Tonight I am going to pillage a tramps buffet so am unsure. Going to try to get a light and healthy mix.

Struggled with sausage week, but managed to slip one in on Saturday morning ;)

Tea was venison steaks with mash, peas and gravy.

Went on a bender and then could only drink beer and wine on Sunday, so will do the stuffed shoulder of pork tonight with roast potatoes, Yorkshires, broccoli, & gravy.

Had an amazing carvery lunch yesterday after my fucking zombie assault course. Beef, chicken and ham with tatties + veg + massive Yorkshire pud and lashings of gravy. Washed down with a nice cold pint.

Tonight, I fancy pasta with something.

Made a fucking gorgeous tea last night...roasted baby spuds with quartered onions, garlic, and rosemary, yorkies, cauliflower cheese, peas, and rosemary and red onion veggie saussies, and gravy - phwoarrr :cool:

Toneet, I shall be making an arrabiata, using spiralli cos I've got some in, plus salad, and garlic bread.

And wine first, to celebrate another TWO publishing acceptances! :cool::cool:

I went to the BBC Good Food Show yesterday and picked up a jar of a very nice triple garlic teriyaki marinade so it's salmon in that tonight with green beans and rice.

Made a fucking gorgeous tea last night...roasted baby spuds with quartered onions, garlic, and rosemary, yorkies, cauliflower cheese, peas, and rosemary and red onion veggie saussies, and gravy - phwoarrr :cool:

Toneet, I shall be making an arrabiata, using spiralli cos I've got some in, plus salad, and garlic bread.

And wine first, to celebrate another TWO publishing acceptances! :cool::cool:
WIN! Also I have to thank you for tuning me into Peggy Seeger. Never knew of her until you wrote of going to see her the other day.

I went to the BBC Good Food Show yesterday and picked up a jar of a very nice triple garlic teriyaki marinade so it's salmon in that tonight with green beans and rice.

I was there on Saturday. Made the mistake of having hog roast in a roll with stuffing so didn't want to buy anything as I was stuffed :D

WIN! Also I have to thank you for tuning me into Peggy Seeger. Never knew of her until you wrote of going to see her the other day.
She's a fucking legend is Peggy - I'm dead chuffed you've got into her!! We saw her a couple of years ago and it's really hard to believe she's in her 70s.

As it turns out, she'd hurt her back on Saturday so didn't turn up (GUTTED) - but, I did manage to have a lovely chat with Grace Petrie in the bogs later on and get a lovely hug off her. She's one to watch out for btw - fucking AMAZINGLY good young singer/songwriter, plays a mean guitar AND perfect harmonica using a neck brace :cool: I'm gonna be on the same bill as her at Attila the Stockbroker's festie next year. I'm fucking wetting myself thinking about it :D:D:D

She's a fucking legend is Peggy - I'm dead chuffed you've got into her!! We saw her a couple of years ago and it's really hard to believe she's in her 70s.

As it turns out, she'd hurt her back on Saturday so didn't turn up (GUTTED) - but, I did manage to have a lovely chat with Grace Petrie in the bogs later on and get a lovely hug off her. She's one to watch out for btw - fucking AMAZINGLY good young singer/songwriter, plays a mean guitar AND perfect harmonica using a neck brace :cool: I'm gonna be on the same bill as her at Attila the Stockbroker's festie next year. I'm fucking wetting myself thinking about it :D:D:D
Apparently she is :oops: - my OH knew of her and was astounded I'd never heard of her. Listening to a bit of Petrie now. She's very earnest, I'll give her that :) Weirdly reminds me a bit of Bad Religion.

Apparently she is :oops: - my OH knew of her and was astounded I'd never heard of her. Listening to a bit of Petrie now. She's very earnest, I'll give her that :) Weirdly reminds me a bit of Bad Religion.
Earnest - yeh, cos she's a political singer. Farewell to Welfare was written before all this kicked off weirdly

The rest of last nights lasagne and oven chips.

Maybe lemon meringue pie and ice cream as we didn't have it last night.

Struggled with sausage week, but managed to slip one in on Saturday morning ;)

Someone very lovely slipped me a portion on Saturday morning an' all...sorted me right out...it's fucking great when you can lie back and let someone else do the work for a change etc etc ;)

*cough* ....anyway....we had cottage pie tonight, with BROCCOLI, obv :rolleyes: ....got the rest of the reheated toffee apple tart with some vanilla ice cream for pudding in a bit (with a cup of tea for me). Perfect dinner for such a grim day :cool:

Leftover roast veg, cooked in a pan with eggs, feta, spinach. Served on a thick wedge of toast with avocado sliced on top.

The better half is at Pilates till late tonight, so I've spent the time making up another batch of pepper sauce. 2 mangos, 1 pound of homegrown bonnets/habs (antillias, trinity, paper lantern) and some vinegar made up around 15 small (60ml) bottles of sauce fwiw.

All went fairly smoothly tonight and I'm feeling vaguely chuffed with my surprising productivity, on a Monday after work to boot, The fridge is now virtually empty of the two kilos of peppers from the weekend, bar a small batch for jam making, which is a bit of a weight off the the mind. Enjoy all the pepper sauces, but they're a bit of a hand/eye/genital burning hassle to cook up if you're not in the mood.

Duty over and I've probably enough time to cook. But I'm feeling lazy enough to reach for the M&S £10 meal deal that I picked up for a reserve occasional just like this - haddock gratin, weird mini rosti things and assorted other bits. Hell, I've barely been out of the kitchen this weekend - ready meal it is.

Back
Top Bottom