Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

On the beers and HulaHoops atm, got a fat sirloin for later - with peas, carrots, mash and yorkshires too, oh and fried onions and gravy. Yum!

I had a medley of 3 lots of left overs...first I had dhal and basmati rice. Then mushroom risotto and ackee and saltfish-very comforting:)

We ended up having quick pasta last night with chilli oil and parmesan.

So tonight the chorizo hash we were meant to have with warm crusty bread. I added some extra paprika and Tabasco because it was a bit bland last time we made it.

Man, it was good. : )

In the end I made fish & chips. The fish was a but shit (unidentified white fish in breadcrumbs from the co op), but the chips were fucking incredible. Fried 'em twice so they were crisp as fuck on the outside, and soft and melty inside. Christ they were good.

Last nights spicy bolognaise will be magically transformed into a chilli tonight. Adding charred peppers, paprika, cumin, black beans and MOAR chilli. Possibly chorizo and jalapenos if i can be arsed to leave the flat.

Pizza night tonight, need to eat more veggies as the uni canteen is lovely but heavy on the protein and white rice. So, aubergine and spinach on the pizza, with a salad.

Made a massive vegetable stew, then took some out for the veggie and added steamed chcken breast to our & was lovely. Wanted to make dumplings but searched the kitchen boxes I could get to in the garage & couldn't find the suet so had to give up on the idea :(

Leftovers for lunch today and then tonight will be macaroni cheeese & baked beanz :D:cool:

After a massively heavy, messy, and fun weekend, I need sleep and food. Couldn't even eat last night! Can't be fucked making anything, so will get a nice veggie pizza, salad and garlic bread from the shops, mmm. Chuck a coupla glasses of red down my neck after work, few spliffs, eat, then lapse into coma!

We'll be having tofu and veg curry. Do I really need to fry the tofu first? It's a bit cold in the kitchen, even crouched over the hotplate, and the internet can't make up its mind :(

Jar of cold lentils with lemon juice and pepper sauce. Cheap pate with bread.

I have hit financial gloom earlier than expected. On the plus side a forced trip to el cheapo supermercado made me discover a most excellent wine deal. Buy one - get the next half price. Who can ingnore that?

First day back to work after half term (boooooooo! :( )....made me realise I'm still a bit ill :hmm: (felt alright till I was back, lol! :confused: ) plus my son came down yesterday with the sickness bug my daughter had last week...and although he's not been sick today, he's still got a dodgy belly, iywim (being careful, with it being the tea thread :D ).
BUT he was hungry after eating nothing all day, so we all had Heinz tomato soup with rolls for dipping :cool:

Jacket spuds with chilli (made using fresh windowsill chilli) and cheese. Apple and blueberry tart (homemade) with clotted cream for afters. Washed down with cider and sparklers.

Last nights spicy bolognaise will be magically transformed into a chilli tonight. Adding charred peppers, paprika, cumin, black beans and MOAR chilli. Possibly chorizo and jalapenos if i can be arsed to leave the flat.

Left the flat but couldn't be arsed with shops. We've got leftovers so the chorizo woulda been overkill in terms of portions.

FEB here.

I had sausage, mushrooms, hash browns, bacon, beans and tomatoes.

Mr man v food had the above but had 4 sausages, 2 eggs and 4 big slices of black pudding.

Fucking hell, I thought he was going to eat the plate too. : D

Back
Top Bottom